Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2019 1:02:22 AM EDT
It dawned on me that no one had posted the sign up link for West V here in hometown. I'm still used to the Nevada thing.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-/5-2181071/?

Tomorrow is last call. There are noob spots available based on random draw, essay, or video.

Come thermoregulate with us.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:13:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds dumb.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems shortsighted to advertise it in "General" two weeks before the closing date.

I wouldnt be surprised when attendance is less than expected.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seems shortsighted to advertise it in "General" two weeks before the closing date.

View Quote
Man it would be terrible if less than 120 of the people who signed up for 75 slots showed up.

What the hell would we do with the extra food and swag?
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:39:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Man it would be terrible if less than 120 of the people who signed up for 75 slots showed up.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess Im just surprised I havent heard about this before now.  I frequent the AZ HTF.

Maybe Im jealous I missed it.  

Though it will be interesting to see the final numbers that do actually commit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I guess Im just surprised I havent heard about this before now.  I frequent the AZ HTF.

View Quote
Tell ya what, if you want to put in an essay or video, I'll sneak you in after the buzzer for consideration. What's one more to review to us? I need it pretty much ASAP though.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Tell ya what, if you want to put in an essay or video, I'll sneak you in after the buzzer for consideration. What's one more to review to us? I need it pretty much ASAP though.
View Quote
@Rifleguy81 Do it! Best bunch of hooligans you'll ever meet
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I just hope I get moved down to AZ and settled in enough to make it to those hills!
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:51:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does my video essay have to include a casting couch, again?

Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a requirement, but very encouraged.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 1:07:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Open format. But yeah, roll with that one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 12:22:47 AM EDT
[#11]
A little nervous my commuter car won't make it. I no longer have a brodozer. Is the rendezvous point 40 miles away before the dirt roads? With no cell service just want to make sure.

Anybody else heading up from PHX?

Pistol 2 mags ammo
Rifle 2 mags ammo
eye and ear pro
peeps and soda
camping gear

Anything else needed?

I see people bringing pizza ovens and smokers in the main thread. I will try to bring something cool like cigars or booze.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 2:06:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A little nervous my commuter car won't make it. I no longer have a brodozer. Is the rendezvous point 40 miles away before the dirt roads? With no cell service just want to make sure.

Pistol 2 mags ammo
Rifle 2 mags ammo
eye and ear pro
peeps and soda
camping gear

Anything else needed?

I see people bringing pizza ovens and smokers in the main thread. I will try to bring something cool like cigars or booze.

Thanks!
View Quote
We've had commuter cars make it before. Some of them even did it without damage. P2 will have to get back to you on the rendezvous distance and cell coverage, it's been since March 2017 that I was out there. That was a lotta beers ago.

There's going to be a convoy from PHX. Looks like you've got the list down solid. We actually provide the peeps, but you're welcome to bring your own. Snacks are a good idea, and group food depends on group funds, but we generally do alright.

Cigars and booze are always welcome.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 2:45:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Pistol 2 mags ammo
Rifle 2 mags ammo
eye and ear pro
peeps and soda
camping gear

Anything else needed?

Thanks!
View Quote
I should be moved down by then and will be heading up. The are several others already in the PHX area.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks guys, sounds good.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I am very surprised by the people that fight this match still. It's a great time and if you can't see it that way, then don't go. I love all matches, always something to learn and someone to meet!

I'll be up there again! Just gotta decide if I wanna use the mk12 again!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Preach it!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top