Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2022 10:11:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 1:04:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad to see you promoting this.

I have said similar things for a while myself, at least just to take control of the permit process from SDs to some state agency, mainly for accountability of the funds, both coming and going.

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:34:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm on board!
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:40:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Good idea - money would be used for State projects instead of county by county sheriff pet honey holes.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#4]
That would make a lot more sense. I would love to see a more “enhanced “ permit with a training/ proficiency requirement so the permit would be recognized in more states.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 10:26:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That would make a lot more sense. I would love to see a more “enhanced “ permit with a training/ proficiency requirement so the permit would be recognized in more states.
View Quote

I don't ever want to see training requirements. When the gov can make you do things for a right, it is no longer a right.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I support this 100%.

Video of those shits lying at the state house should be used against them when they run for reelection.

BTW, when does CC take effect, 1/1?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm glad we finally passed Constitutional Carry.  Even though I just renewed mine carry permit for another 5 years.  CC doesn't go into affect until 2023 though.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:30:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't ever want to see training requirements. When the gov can make you do things for a right, it is no longer a right.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good for you, but that’s one of the reasons the Alabama permit is not recognized in more states. I also said a “enhanced “ option. Up to you if you get it or not
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:39:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The sheriffs fought against Shall Issue and CCW permits at 18. Claiming only they knew who should have a permit to exercise their rights. They also said blood would flood the streets if they lost power to determine who got a permit or not. It didn't happen.

Some sheriffs wait the whole 30 days before issuing a CCW permit when we all know it only takes a few minutes. Thus denying citizens their rights, putting their personal safety at risk and possibly being arrested if they carry anyway without a permit.

Our citizens once has the ability to skip the federal background checks if they had a CCW permit when purchasing a firearm from an FFL. That was taken away from our citizens because sheriffs were selling CCW permits to convicted felons. With no follow up investigations, charges or media coverage. Just gone, with no attempt to remedy the situation to benefit the citizen.

Now they claim that LEO's will be in danger if CCW permits are no longer required in our great state. This is not true. The sheriffs try to use fear tactics in an attempt to sway the public and smear the legislators who are trying to do the right thing. It is very clear the sheriffs of Alabama do not support the 2nd Amendment nor our citizens. They have shown time and again they will use lies and fear tactics to keep their power in place. They spend the permit money any way they want with no accountability to the citizens of their communities.

I want to make a proposal for future legislation. Move the issuing of permits to ALEA, through the  Alabama Department of Conservation. With the funds earmarked for public firearm range development and increased free firearm training that they are already doing. It would be an actual benefit to the citizens of Alabama and be a credit our state motto "We dare to defend our rights."
View Quote
That's a gorram good idea!!!  The previous Madison county sheriff (I don't recall the POS s name) used to take all of 30 days to send out his CCW.  Limestone county (county to the west of Madison) took all of 15 minutes.  

I don't know what the current Madison county sheriff does.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 9:28:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 12:52:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Sadly, we will see this played out statewide by SDs, every time a case involving firearms (particularly handguns) goes down.

"It wouldna happened if CC wasn't here"

Translation: "muh fees, muh fees, waah, waah, waah"

JMHO, YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Sill need a permit as I go to MS weekly
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sadly, we will see this played out statewide by SDs, every time a case involving firearms (particularly handguns) goes down.

"It wouldna happened if CC wasn't here"

Translation: "muh fees, muh fees, waah, waah, waah"

JMHO, YMMV.
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#14]
It's very clear Alabama Sheriffs have overall succumbed to a perverse incentive to license liberties for their profit in violation of their oaths to uphold the rights of the people.

Bama is on point that this perverse incentive and their ability to stand between the people and their rights should be removed.  Second point is that sheriffs who have thus corrupted themselves should be removed from their position by not being invited back in the next election.

Now this latter one does not happen as easily because few are the Alabamans who actually care about such rights and the conduct of elected officials.  To change that, a change in culture is needed.  So I ask all if you to think and act as you can and where you are to help bring such change.  Raising our youth to understand, care, and act is of paramount importance.  We do not love them if we do not awaken in them an awareness and a passion for liberty.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's very clear Alabama Sheriffs have overall succumbed to a perverse incentive to license liberties for their profit in violation of their oaths to uphold the rights of the people.

Bama is on point that this perverse incentive and their ability to stand between the people and their rights should be removed.  Second point is that sheriffs who have thus corrupted themselves should be removed from their position by not being invited back in the next election.

Now this latter one does not happen as easily because few are the Alabamans who actually care about such rights and the conduct of elected officials.  To change that, a change in culture is needed.  So I ask all if you to think and act as you can and where you are to help bring such change.  Raising our youth to understand, care, and act is of paramount importance.  We do not love them if we do not awaken in them an awareness and a passion for liberty.
View Quote
Amen
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 10:00:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Aren't Liberals attracted to jobs in the Environmental protection areas such as the Dept of Conservation? And if you have a Liberal in charge, it might actually make things worse. Just my thoughts.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#17]
No … the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources is anything but “liberal “…particularly the Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries Division of ALDCNR..,.,
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:I want to make a proposal for future legislation. Move the issuing of permits to ALEA, through the  Alabama Department of Conservation. With the funds earmarked for public firearm range development and increased free firearm training that they are already doing. It would be an actual benefit to the citizens of Alabama and be a credit our state motto "We dare to defend our rights."
View Quote

I would support that, and would buy a permit each year if the funds went to public ranges.  It would be really nice to have a public range that didn't require an hour drive one way from my home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top