Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2020 6:32:43 PM EDT
My time here in the Sooner state is over.  Almost.  We are heading out in 6 days if I counted correct.

We officially have a new house in Georgia and are heading out of state in 6 days.  Our mom is suffering from some rapid onset dementia issues and we have to be there to take care of her.  It created a lot of logistical problems moving this fast but you have to do what you have to do to take care of family.  

It really sucks going from a constitutional carry state to a permit only state.  Georgia turning blue this year makes it even worse.  

The good parts are a ton of public hunting land.  Here in central OK, public land is almost nonexistent.  The only option is very heavily hunted.  I'm looking forward to actually getting to hunt again.  Gun range access is not nearly as convenient as the OKCGC is for us here but we will have access to both a similar gun club and a private range we have already been given access to.

I'm gonna miss Oklahoma and you guys.  I'm not going to miss tornadoes or tornado season in general.  Not at all.  I frickin hate, hate, hate that time of the year (which is basically half the year here).  Our new house has a basement just in case the rare twister spins through.

At least I won't have to worry about truck stop alien bigfeets anymore
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:32:53 AM EDT
[#1]
For a case of ammo I won't tip off the Ga. HTF what's headed their way.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 1:49:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL

Safe travels and prayers for your mom Brandi.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 1:52:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a deal.  Dan will have the ammo waiting on you.
Heh heh heh
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 1:52:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

LOL

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Safe travels, don’t be a stranger
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Good luck....

Oh and....

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 7:36:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Gee, thanks Coyote.  

Although, our twisters here tend to be much bigger/stronger vs GA.  As long as I'm out of tornado alley I'll feel much safer.  Plus our new pad has a basement
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I remember only a few people outside looking, when the tornado siren was going off.
Back when I lived in ga.

Yes I was one, they even booted everyone from Walmart.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 8:43:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Good Luck Brandi on the move and I hope your mom has more good days than bad.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sorry to see you leave, good luck in the future.
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:49:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I remember only a few people outside looking, when the tornado siren was going off.
Back when I lived in ga.

Yes I was one, they even booted everyone from Walmart.
View Quote

It's better to go hand to hand with a twister than to die in a Wal-Mart.  -  Confucius.    Or maybe I said it, it's hard to keep track.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:57:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks Sparky.  

The movers FINALLY nailed down the day they are coming.  So tomorrow the 28th we head off for the wilds of the traditional south.  It's pretty hard to believe, even the day before.  

Y'all that are local keep Dan in line.  He tends to go rogue if you don't keep him on a tight leash lol.  

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thanks Sparky.  

The movers FINALLY nailed down the day they are coming.  So tomorrow the 28th we head off for the wilds of the traditional south.  It's pretty hard to believe, even the day before.  

Y'all that are local keep Dan in line.  He tends to go rogue if you don't keep him on a tight leash lol.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks Sparky.  

That would be like leash training a squirrel
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#15]
I wish I had time for all the nut jokes you just set the groundwork for lol.

Feel free to add your own folks.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Good luck to you!
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 12:08:34 AM EDT
[#17]
I've lived all but the better part of one year of my life in GA.  The portion that I was not living in GA was spent in OK.

I didn't experience any tornados in OK, but I have been through a couple of them in GA.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#18]
We close on our new house on the 10th and get to finally move in.  Been doing some touristy stuff in the meantime.  Yesterday we visited a civil war museum and then a battlefield.  Very interesting.  I'm loving all the trees here.  Deer are everywhere!  Even saw my first chipmunk lol.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We close on our new house on the 10th and get to finally move in.  Been doing some touristy stuff in the meantime.  Yesterday we visited a civil war museum and then a battlefield.  Very interesting.  I'm loving all the trees here.  Deer are everywhere!  Even saw my first chipmunk lol.
View Quote

Glad you made it safely. What area of the Peach State did you land in?
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey Leemo, we are officially in Snellville Georgia.  It's northeast of Atlanta.  We managed to find a house with the size and privacy we wanted.  It was at the max of our budget but it was a rare find in this competitive market.  We traded loud stereos and people speeding by our house for lots of trees, crickets & frogs, peace & quiet and deer in the yard.  The house is older and not quite as nice as far as detail work but twice the size and twenty times as peaceful.  

The pod with all of our smaller stuff showed up today.  The moving truck with all of our big stuff/furniture never showed despite telling us that today at noon was his worst case scenario latest time.  Things may get nasty on that front if they don't get on the ball real fast.  

I miss my friends in OK but admittedly the scenery is sooooo much nicer here.  It's beautiful here.   For reference, we are close enough to see Stone Mountain.  Stone Mountain park is about 5-10 minutes away.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 11:09:25 PM EDT
[#21]
You bought the old Haney place, didn't you?
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 8:18:30 PM EDT
[#22]
LOL.  Dahling...Green Acres is the place to be!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:28:25 PM EDT
[#23]
This big girl came visiting today.  I'm assuming it's a doe since I'm guessing the bucks probably haven't dropped antlers yet this time of year.  I could be wrong.  The neck on this thing is so long it might be half giraffe lol.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top