Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2020 3:18:08 PM EDT
I just wanted to remind you that there is a statute in Illinois prohibiting persons from being armed in public while obscuring their faces. One year the department I worked for had the village attorney go before a judge to get a writ allowing us to wear ski masks as a part of our winter uniform. This was due to that statute.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/fulltext.asp?DocName=072000050K24-1    (720 ILCS 5/24-1) (from Ch. 38, par. 24-1) Note in particular, section (9).

Am I paranoid or could this be an add on charge in a CCW incident?

Link Posted: 4/25/2020 4:09:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 8:47:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I will take Fatman's EO charge over a gun felony. So I guess no mask.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Are there any penalties for not complying with the executive order? I didn't see any.

Even if there were, I will not comply. If stores ask me to leave, I will, but I suspect they won't.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:14:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are there any penalties for not complying with the executive order? I didn't see any.

Even if there were, I will not comply. If stores ask me to leave, I will, but I suspect they won't.
View Quote

If a store asks me to leave it will be the last time a darken their door and I will tell them so.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:26:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If a store asks me to leave it will be the last time a darken their door and I will tell them so.
View Quote

Some, many, most??? stores are not going to let you in if not masked.  Ive already seen one posting on their web page masks required May 1.

The latest EO to be signed by JDP later this week
https://docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer?url=https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/19923247/Stay_and_Home_Executive_Order_4.23.20.pdf

From the latest presser

* Are you concerned as this order stays in place for the next several weeks, people are going to be tired of following these guidelines and more people are going to be violating them, going outside, not observing social distancing having large gatherings? Do you have a plan in place, just in case, that becomes a bigger problem?…

We have the ability to enforce these things. We’ve chosen to allow people to self enforce, to do the right thing. We obviously have asked the police and other law enforcement to remind people when they see them, when they’re not following social, the new social distancing norms and not wearing a mask that they need to do those things. And then finally the police do have the ability to ultimately to enforce that with people.

And that’s not just with the ability to remind them but if they refuse and if they repeatedly refuse, there is the ability by the police officers to charge them with reckless conduct and take them into custody. Though, again, we have discouraged police from doing that because we believe that people will in general follow the rules. But if you’re putting the community in danger, as a party like that does that should be broken up.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:40:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Some, many, most??? stores are not going to let you in if not masked.  Ive already seen one posting on their web page masks required May 1.

https://docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer?url=https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/19923247/Stay_and_Home_Executive_Order_4.23.20.pdf

From the latest presser

* Are you concerned as this order stays in place for the next several weeks, people are going to be tired of following these guidelines and more people are going to be violating them, going outside, not observing social distancing having large gatherings? Do you have a plan in place, just in case, that becomes a bigger problem?

We have the ability to enforce these things. We've chosen to allow people to self enforce, to do the right thing. We obviously have asked the police and other law enforcement to remind people when they see them, when they're not following social, the new social distancing norms and not wearing a mask that they need to do those things. And then finally the police do have the ability to ultimately to enforce that with people.

And that's not just with the ability to remind them but if they refuse and if they repeatedly refuse, there is the ability by the police officers to charge them with reckless conduct and take them into custody. Though, again, we have discouraged police from doing that because we believe that people will in general follow the rules. But if you're putting the community in danger, as a party like that does that should be broken up.
View Quote

We will see, there is also a provision for people that cannot wear a mask. So I need to look into that. I hate that that fat fuck gets to dictate to me. We have had 97 cases of Covid in my county since day 1. Was only 68 until someone decided to get a nursing home infected. With this government would not be surprised if it weren't done on purpose.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 6:13:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

From the latest presser

* Are you concerned as this order stays in place for the next several weeks, people are going to be tired of following these guidelines and more people are going to be violating them, going outside, not observing social distancing having large gatherings? Do you have a plan in place, just in case, that becomes a bigger problem?

We have the ability to enforce these things. We've chosen to allow people to self enforce, to do the right thing. We obviously have asked the police and other law enforcement to remind people when they see them, when they're not following social, the new social distancing norms and not wearing a mask that they need to do those things. And then finally the police do have the ability to ultimately to enforce that with people.

And that's not just with the ability to remind them but if they refuse and if they repeatedly refuse, there is the ability by the police officers to charge them with reckless conduct and take them into custody. Though, again, we have discouraged police from doing that because we believe that people will in general follow the rules. But if you're putting the community in danger, as a party like that does that should be broken up.
View Quote
Fuck the Fatman and the stasist rules he thinks are Constitutional.

We as a state better wake up. Our rights are fading.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:58:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Read this
View Quote
So it seems he passed the buck since he technically can't enforce. But is going to let the local gestapos deal with it how they see fit, as long as Constitutional, which we know how that will play out, look at Champaign / Urbana.

Since I think we are being scammed, I will not comply.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 12:33:39 PM EDT
[#10]
IllinoisCarry Contacted ISP...This is their response:

Response from ISP:

“The Governor’s Executive Order regarding the wearing of masks or protective facial coverings in public settings during this serious global pandemic was not intended to negatively impact permit holders under the Illinois Concealed Carry Act while legally carrying firearms.  The Executive Order does not require or suggest that law enforcement should arrest or criminally charge conceal carry license permit holders for wearing protective masks while in public as long as they are complying with the other provisions of the Illinois Concealed Carry Act and are not committing any other violations of Illinois law.  ISP has confidence that law enforcement officers across the state will use appropriate judgment and that elected State’s Attorneys will likewise exercise sound prosecutorial discretion.”  
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 6:48:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
IllinoisCarry Contacted ISP...This is their response:

View Quote
Yea because isp has always been reasonable.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yea because isp has always been reasonable.
View Quote

Cook County residence can certainly count on the appropriate judgment of Tom Dart and the sound prosecutorial discretion of Kim Foxx.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I`m not going to wear any mask because I don`t believe J.B. the Hutt can order people to wear a mask
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I've already been denied entry to a grocery store for not having a mask. On the one hand, I refuse to wear a mask in public, and on the other I also respect the rights of private businesses to enforce whatever rules they like on their property. I'll just avoid shopping at that store until this whole thing is over.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've already been denied entry to a grocery store for not having a mask. On the one hand, I refuse to wear a mask in public, and on the other I also respect the rights of private businesses to enforce whatever rules they like on their property. I'll just avoid shopping at that store until this whole thing is over.
View Quote

"You're discriminating against me with my medical condition?"
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 10:39:36 AM EDT
[#16]
NO, not an issue.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#17]
ISRA sent out an email about this. The ISP is aware, and they say nobody will be bothered if they're following the CCL law in other areas.

To this you have to add, like others have said, concealed mean concealed. How would they know if your gun was properly concealed?

I'm not in favor of being forced to wear cloth masks that won't do anything but "feelz", but it is what it is. It would be amusing if somebody made masks with Jabba's puss on them. LOL

Costco is mandating masks pretty soon, maybe May 5th?

CVS employees have been all masked for a couple of weeks now.

Here is the text of the message for those who may not get the updates:

*** ALERT ***

Illinois State Police released the following statement on the impact of the face coverings requirement on concealed carry:

“The Governor’s Executive Order regarding the wearing of masks or protective facial coverings in public settings during this serious global pandemic was not intended to negatively impact permit holders under the Illinois Concealed Carry Act while legally carrying firearms. The Executive Order does not require or suggest that law enforcement should arrest or criminally charge conceal carry license permit holders for wearing protective masks while in public as long as they are complying with the other provisions of the Illinois Concealed Carry Act and are not committing any other violations of Illinois law. ISP has confidence that law enforcement officers across the state will use appropriate judgment and that elected State’s Attorneys will likewise exercise sound prosecutorial discretion.”

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By PoiDog:

"ISP has confidence that law enforcement officers across the state will use appropriate judgment and that elected State’s Attorneys will likewise exercise sound prosecutorial discretion.”

View Quote

Because we can always trust the government to do what's right...
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 12:46:21 AM EDT
[#19]
From todays presser

Q: It’s a class four felony in Illinois to carry a concealed weapon while wearing a mask. Technically prosecutors could charge a legal gun owner for obeying your executive order. The order doesn’t take effect until Friday, why not use your executive order to temporarily suspend that portion of the law?…

A: So actually we’ve allowed the state police to set some guidelines here and it doesn’t prohibit people from concealed carry. The rule that we put in place would not.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By EdDinIL:

Because we can always trust the government to do what's right...
View Quote

No argument, especially in this state. Just thought I'd post it since I got it from ISRA the other day.

And concealed means concealed. What they don't know won't hurt you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top