Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2021 10:49:21 AM EDT
Posted this on GD, someone from NY suggested I put it here:

A day or two ago, we started not being able to get Newsmax on our Optimum cable service.

My wife called Optimum to report it, and they really had no answer, other than to say that, perhaps it was at Newsmaxs' end.

I have sent a message (via Newsmax's website) to report the issue.  They have not responded to me yet.

Optimum just called us back to inquire, and my wife said to the Optimum rep that she was concerned that they (Optimum) were suppressing the Newsmax channel.    Has anyone else who is a Optimum or Altice subscriber had issues with getting Newsmax?

I'm sure we are now on another "enemies list". . . .

ETA: might be our TIVO. . . . . going to call them. .  we don't use the Opt cable box. . . . my FIL has Optimum and he is getting Newsmax no issues. . . .

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I am near Glen Cove on Optimum and I can get to the website okay on Optimum. The streaming video is working as I write this. Are you having an issue with streaming or "channel 102"?

I really need to switch to FiOS as I have a Optical Network Terminal already attached to the house and Optimum is charging me $94/month for BASIC internet). FiOS is less per month for more speed (that I do not need) and is guaranteeing the lower price for life. Ever since Altice took over Cablevision, prices have gone up and things like OptimumWiFi have fallen by the wayside. I come across several OptimumWiFi sites that have a signal but no connectivity. I had to disable the auto-connect to OptimumWiFi because it kept overriding my LTE service with nothing to connect to.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Having problem with channel 102.  My wife was on the phone for over 2-1/2 hours with Optimum.  

They told her that there is a list of channels that are "no longer available" via cable cards. (We have a TIVO with cable cards vs a cable box.)  

Newsmax HD is one of those---HOWEVER, we watch the LD channel, not the HD one.  It seems it boils down to Optimum no longer supporting devices with cable cards---the want to rent you the cable box.  But, that channel now says "searching for a signal", not "not available". . . .  very fishy.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am near Glen Cove on Optimum and I can get to the website okay on Optimum. The streaming video is working as I write this. Are you having an issue with streaming or "channel 102"?

I really need to switch to FiOS as I have a Optical Network Terminal already attached to the house and Optimum is charging me $94/month for BASIC internet). FiOS is less per month for more speed (that I do not need) and is guaranteeing the lower price for life. Ever since Altice took over Cablevision, prices have gone up and things like OptimumWiFi have fallen by the wayside. I come across several OptimumWiFi sites that have a signal but no connectivity. I had to disable the auto-connect to OptimumWiFi because it kept overriding my LTE service with nothing to connect to.
View Quote

you will like fios its rock solid. Uptime with zero errors was 538 days.. only reason it stopped the central office had a switch card go bad... blows the doors off of optimum, spectrum, xfinity and att
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top