Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2017 11:03:38 PM EDT
Wife and I are thinking about making a trip to IOM this year.  I know there is at least or two members that live on IOM who can give some pointers on where to stay etc  This will be our "really awesome" vacation for the next couple years so the budget is fairly high.  

We're planning on getting VIP tickets to a few days of the race and doing one day of the "platinum" package so we can get the 'lap in a closed course car' and all the extraneous crap that goes along with it. While pretty spendy, it looks like it'd be really fun - anyone have any experience with the VIP or 'platinum' package?  Worth it?

How difficult is it to get around the island during IOM?  The wife and I live fairly rural and would like to stay in a B&B outside of Douglas if it's not a PITA to get to and from the grandstand area. On the otherhand, we wouldn't mind staying in Douglas for the entertainment but I imagine every smaller village has stuff to do during the two weeks of IOM. Any recommendations?  Looks like many places are already booked.

we'd probably stick to the bus/ public transportation/ uber while we're on the island- assume this would be the best course of action?
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 4:14:01 PM EDT
[#1]
@Nicodareus...I just found this thread. I'm curious how your trip went? I went to the TT in 2016. No reservations for anything, no tickets, nothing. Winging it was, fortunately, a great way for me that time. I had the time of my life. Great events, great people. It was the top of my bucket list. Next year is looking good for round two.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Nicodareus...I just found this thread. I'm curious how your trip went? I went to the TT in 2016. No reservations for anything, no tickets, nothing. Winging it was, fortunately, a great way for me that time. I had the time of my life. Great events, great people. It was the top of my bucket list. Next year is looking good for round two.
View Quote
I have some family in Wales and mentioned wanting to go to IOM.  They know a number of people that are fairly active with the scene up there and put us in contact with a few.  We got a nice room from one of the families who showed us around and gave us the ins and outs.  Was tons of fun.  We're definitely going to go back - hopefully next year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top