Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2018 8:22:29 PM EDT
I know Gillum's chances are slim and none against Gwen Graham , but do you think this far left approach is going to appeal to the moderates? It looks like our state (and country) is lining up far right vs far left. Who is more likely to bring home the victory?

Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:08:56 PM EDT
[#1]
All I can do is vote Republican. Even is my less preferred candidate wins the primary I will still vote for the R. No vote might as well be a Dem vote. I hate Rick scott! That fuckface wiped his ass with my contract with the state and took 3% of my check for the last few years despite a court case that said he was wrong. But I still will vote for him in Hope's of ousting Bill Nelson. I have seen alot of people on here saying they cant vote for this person or that person. So if dems win and we all end up having to sell our guns out of state I dont want to hear one of those " I just couldnt vote for desantis(or whoever)" people bitch.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All I can do is vote Republican. Even is my less preferred candidate wins the primary I will still vote for the R. No vote might as well be a Dem vote. I hate Rick scott! That fuckface wiped his ass with my contract with the state and took 3% of my check for the last few years despite a court case that said he was wrong. But I still will vote for him in Hope's of ousting Bill Nelson. I have seen alot of people on here saying they cant vote for this person or that person. So if dems win and we all end up having to sell our guns out of state I dont want to hear one of those " I just couldnt vote for desantis(or whoever)" people bitch.
View Quote
I can see your point, but those of us who have Scott and don't want to reward him for stripping gun rights away from Florida citizens. We don't want to hear you bitch when he screws us over again if he wins his Senate seat. We all know where Nelson stands, and we all know he won't be around much longer whereas if Scott wins he will turn that Senate seat into his permanent residence until he either dies it decides he wants to run for President.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:02:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:22:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So if dems win and we all end up having to sell our guns out of state I dont want to hear one of those " I just couldnt vote for desantis(or whoever)" people bitch.
View Quote
I've read where Graham says she will ban the further sale of assault rifles... is there a statement out there that says she will also ban mere possession?
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 3:45:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've read where Graham says she will ban the further sale of assault rifles... is there a statement out there that says she will also ban mere possession?
View Quote
“She”can’t do anything, the legislature would have to pass a bill first. I read her running points and I wanted to vomit. What a load of crap.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 4:58:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

“She”can’t do anything, the legislature would have to pass a bill first. I read her running points and I wanted to vomit. What a load of crap.
View Quote
Well... I agree BUT she also insists, improperly, she can do so via Ex Order under some Public Emergency law. From what I read, the action proposed addressed the further sale and made no mention of possession.

Just wondering if there was something more definitive coming from her camp.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 7:58:45 AM EDT
[#7]
My wife sent me an abridged version of Orlandosentinal.com Fl Governor race where they stand link and no Democrat has gun control as there platform. However Puntnams Number 1 priority is supporting and making the second ammendment stronger. Wife thinks gun control is the death nail for anyone seeking higher office in Fl. She's been correct about political trends for a long time. Hope she's right again. On a side note I will support De Santis in the primary only because i don't trust Puntnam on the water release issue. But will obviously support him in the general. All my representatives in Lee Co. are Republican turn coats and I will not vote for them or Scott.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 10:38:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I wanted to open the discussion about the platform as laid out in the video....
Beat the NRA- WTF does that mean? It means nothing....just hyperbole.
Healthcare for all- Show me who isn't getting healthcare. Even the homeless get healthcare.
$1 billion for Education- have we determined that $$$ is the solution?
Ban assault weapons- um, ok.
$15 minimum wage-
why not $20? $50?
Restore rights
-for who? Criminals?
Abolish Ice- you wanna abolish a LEO, how about the FBI??
Impeach Trump- How's that working out so far?
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 9:08:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well... I agree BUT she also insists, improperly, she can do so via Ex Order under some Public Emergency law. From what I read, the action proposed addressed the further sale and made no mention of possession.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"She"can't do anything, the legislature would have to pass a bill first. I read her running points and I wanted to vomit. What a load of crap.

She wants to ban the sale and transfer. The law wouldn't let her ban possession.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 9:09:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wanted to open the discussion about the platform as laid out in the video....
Beat the NRA- WTF does that mean? It means nothing....just hyperbole.
Healthcare for all- Show me who isn't getting healthcare. Even the homeless get healthcare.
$1 billion for Education- have we determined that $$$ is the solution?
Ban assault weapons- um, ok.
$15 minimum wage-
why not $20? $50?
Restore rights
-for who? Criminals?
Abolish Ice- you wanna abolish a LEO, how about the FBI??
Impeach Trump- How's that working out so far?
View Quote
$15 an hour.... LOL.... the State would actually have to start paying employees then.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 9:36:25 PM EDT
[#11]
We might see a repeat of what happened in New Hampshire and Nevada in 2016.

In both states, moderate GOP Senate candidates refused to support Trump, and some of their followers then refused to support Trump.  In retaliation, some Trump voters refused to support the GOP senate candidates.   End result?  Both Trump and the Republicans lost those states by narrow margins.

If you will recall, New Hampshire and Nevada were critical wins to the "field goal as time expires" scenario espoused by many as "Trump's only path to 270 EV".  Fortunately, Trump's midwest strategy was successful, otherwise, 30000 votes in NH and Nevada would have cost us the election.

A similar situation is setting up here in Florida: the two marquee races will feature a solid conservative in one race, and someone who conservatives are less than thrilled with in the other race.  It is really important to vote for both, and avoid an intra-party fight with voters not supporting candidates that are "too conservative" or "not conservative enough".

Let's get a Republican Senator to help Trump for the next 2 (hopefully 6) years, a Republican governor to advance a conservative RKBA agenda, and a Republican state house and senate to help the governor and control redistricting after the 2020 census-- 5 US House seats are at stake.

The alternative is to wind up like the Virginia GOP, which is in shambles right now.  Democrats at all statewide offices, including 2 US Senators.  And the GOP nearly lost the state house during last year's election.  That was prevented by a coin toss (literally).
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#12]
There’s no way I can bring myself to vote for Scott, fist time in my life I am considering voting for a democrat
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 2:59:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I know Scott screwed us, but if you care about keeping your guns You Better vote Republican, a vote for a Democrat is a vote to take your guns, get Scott in now and be rid of Nelson, a obama and Shumer clown, we can then deal with Scott down the line, and hopefully have our legislature repeal Scotts Political gun deal
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 4:59:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We might see a repeat of what happened in New Hampshire and Nevada in 2016.

In both states, moderate GOP Senate candidates refused to support Trump, and some of their followers then refused to support Trump.  In retaliation, some Trump voters refused to support the GOP senate candidates.   End result?  Both Trump and the Republicans lost those states by narrow margins.

If you will recall, New Hampshire and Nevada were critical wins to the "field goal as time expires" scenario espoused by many as "Trump's only path to 270 EV".  Fortunately, Trump's midwest strategy was successful, otherwise, 30000 votes in NH and Nevada would have cost us the election.

A similar situation is setting up here in Florida: the two marquee races will feature a solid conservative in one race, and someone who conservatives are less than thrilled with in the other race.  It is really important to vote for both, and avoid an intra-party fight with voters not supporting candidates that are "too conservative" or "not conservative enough".

Let's get a Republican Senator to help Trump for the next 2 (hopefully 6) years, a Republican governor to advance a conservative RKBA agenda, and a Republican state house and senate to help the governor and control redistricting after the 2020 census-- 5 US House seats are at stake.

The alternative is to wind up like the Virginia GOP, which is in shambles right now.  Democrats at all statewide offices, including 2 US Senators.  And the GOP nearly lost the state house during last year's election.  That was prevented by a coin toss (literally).
View Quote
I agree.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 5:31:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I know Scott screwed us, but if you care about keeping your guns You Better vote Republican, a vote for a Democrat is a vote to take your guns, get Scott in now and be rid of Nelson, a obama and Shumer clown, we can then deal with Scott down the line, and hopefully have our legislature repeal Scotts Political gun deal
View Quote
Only problem with that strategy is how immensely hard it is to primary out an incumbent, my fear is Scott will turn into a McCain.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 7:21:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Scott is the only sane vote.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 7:37:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I will vote for Scott. The perfect candidate is not out there.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My wife sent me an abridged version of Orlandosentinal.com Fl Governor race where they stand link and no Democrat has gun control as there platform. However Puntnams Number 1 priority is supporting and making the second ammendment stronger. Wife thinks gun control is the death nail for anyone seeking higher office in Fl. She's been correct about political trends for a long time. Hope she's right again. On a side note I will support De Santis in the primary only because i don't trust Puntnam on the water release issue. But will obviously support him in the general. All my representatives in Lee Co. are Republican turn coats and I will not vote for them or Scott.
View Quote
Every democrat has gun control in their commercials.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 4:49:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
True, but he sure went and pissed some of us off.

And I think he did that to play to the Dems.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

True, but he sure went and pissed some of us off.

And I think he did that to play to the Dems.
View Quote
Agreed, but that legislation was written by the house and senate and was probably veto proof. In
that situation knowing that he had a Senate run in front of him it was probably all he could do.

We need a cooling off period before legislation can be passed. I say a 6 month waiting period.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top