Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2019 12:56:04 PM EDT
Would this be MA legal, i want this badddd. Woth 10rnd mags ofcourse .Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I was looking at that exact gun last week.

Freedom Boner!

I don’t see why you couldn’t buy it. Don’t forget the additional $200 to SBR it. And hopefully you can find a good priced drop it kit for it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Legal, and you aren't limited to 10 rounds only.  You can use any pre-9/94 mag of any size in the gun...we're just not supposed to buy new manufacture mags over 10 rounds.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I talked to the folks at PRT during this year's SHOT, and have read a LOT of good things about the guns they're making  - this MP5 clone as well as the HK91 clone they've been making and the potential for a HK93.  The only challenge is that the "NJ Compliant" (/MA compliant) models are generally not stocked and need to be special ordered not that that is a big deal.  Not sure about Atlantic, as I've not tried ordering anything from them.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I know this is an awfully old thread, but I know a legal process you can jump through if you want to SBR one.
1) Get your FFL to receive the pistol variant
2) have him then pin&weld an 8" barrel extension. HK Parts sells one
3) have him add a fixed stock.
4) have him remove the 30-round magazines, because you cant own new production ones there
5) purchase the rifle from him!

Now it is legally a rifle, with no adjustable stock, no bayonet lug, no barrel shroud, and no threads at the end of the barrel, so you can legally purchase it in MA. Go down to your PD with the proper fingerprint cards and have then print you, go down to AAA or wherever to get a passport photo taken, and then e-file your Form 1 on the ATF's portal, and by the end of the month you'll have it approved.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Delete
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top