Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2022 11:18:58 AM EDT
This is the second time it's happened to me.  What really pisses me off is that I have a carry permit.

I have some lowers that have been sitting at the gun store for 2 months.  Guns store says they have faxed over the appeal 3 times.  Tn.gov says no appeal received.

Can I do anything to avoid the issue in the future?  From what I read, they keep no records so it's like ground hogs day every time I buy a damn gun.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 12:46:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Look into what it takes to get a Unique Personal Identification Number.  Once you find out what’s holding up the approval, you can include the UPIN on the Form 4473.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 7:54:54 AM EDT
[#2]
You might also try to find out what's causing you to 'pop' in the NICS.  That's what Tn is looking at so there must be something there triggering the issue.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:32:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You might also try to find out what's causing you to 'pop' in the NICS.  That's what Tn is looking at so there must be something there triggering the issue.
View Quote

The appeal will show that.

OP needs to handle the appeal himself vs the FFL.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 1:00:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The appeal will show that.

OP needs to handle the appeal himself vs the FFL.
View Quote

I found a number on the tn.gov website, called, a very helpful lady answered.  She looked at my expired appeal and told me I needed to clear some stuff up in Oklahoma.  Told her I never lived in Oklahoma, let alone commuted a crime there.   Gave her my social and a couple of oh's later, she said I should be fine from now on.

Went back to the gun store and left with my lowers.

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 1:02:46 AM EDT
[#5]
glad you got it worked out
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:55:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I found a number on the tn.gov website, called, a very helpful lady answered.  She looked at my expired appeal and told me I needed to clear some stuff up in Oklahoma.  Told her I never lived in Oklahoma, let alone commuted a crime there.   Gave her my social and a couple of oh's later, she said I should be fine from now on.

View Quote

@watchwatch
Can you PM me the number and contact person you used? I've haven't had background check problems ever. Now all of a sudden I have a denial. Have no idea why. Need to get it cleared up as I just sent in a Form 4 for a can.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#7]
615-744-4620

Its on the website and public info.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:36:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Rock on!

However, a right delayed is a right denied.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 6:25:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
615-744-4620

Its on the website and public info.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 1:17:54 PM EDT
[#10]
In spite of concerns over persec, using your SSN will help avoid issues like this.

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:46:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Call the TICS Unit Manager directly

(615) 744-4620

They'll tell you why you're getting flagged.

They are actually quite helpful.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Finally got my problem fixed. Now I should get a UPIN to eliminate this hassle again.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:08:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Random question, are you guys not putting your SSN on your forums?
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:34:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I do. But still got a denial. I honestly believe they don't always look at the social on the submitted form.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 8:42:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
She looked at my expired appeal and told me I needed to clear some stuff up in Oklahoma.  Told her I never lived in Oklahoma, let alone commuted a crime there.   Gave her my social and a couple of oh's later, she said I should be fine from now on.

View Quote

Just think - our current overlords want to start prosecuting people who get denied.

$1 says they won't clear things like this with a couple of 'oh's' until after they've arrested you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top