Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2021 4:53:28 AM EDT
I was driving by the other day on a detour and I saw a sign over a gravel road that said “Firearms in use”. I looked up ranges in CT and it does not appear to be active and/or may be private. Satellite image looks like they have a trap range possibly.

Address looked to be around 218 Wolcott Road across the street from an Airsoft Field.

Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/residents-propose/58325/
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:45:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/residents-propose/58325/
View Quote

I forgot about this.  I was on the orignal member list. Paid a deposit. Took the RO class. Was asked for more money then was ghosted.

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I am not surprised by the attempt to ban. Opening any business that is controversial is near impossible.

How many new race tracks do you see opening? Nobody wants the noise. I live within ear shot of the PA for Stafford. I don't mind it because it is Friday nights for a few hours with a handful of weekends. If this was a 7 day per week sunup and sundown business I would not live here.

I belong to a club. My wife and I were searching for a piece of land to eventually build on. We looked at one parcel that was very close to my club. We decided that we did not want to listen to gunfire 7 days per week from 10am until sunset.

I get why people are against a new gun club just from a noise stand point. You buy a house where it is quiet then a place gets built that ruins that, it would suck.

Now anyone who buys a house next to an existing gun club, race track, airport should not even be allowed to complain. If it goes to court the judge should say "the business opened in 1950, you bought your house in 2020 get out of my courtroom you are an asshole"

Most gun club in CT have been around forever and were in the sticks when they were formed. Now houses and development have creeped up to them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:52:35 AM EDT
[#4]
It looks like there were people/cars down there the other day. Maybe they converted it to a private range. The spot looks awesome though.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah. It's just up from C&C Hydraulics. It"s been there for years. Private I believe. Don't know if they shoot there anymore. Zoom in on the bottom of the pic. You'll see the range and a trap apron.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:54:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah. It's just up from C&C Hydraulics. It"s been there for years. Private I believe. Don't know if they shoot there anymore. Zoom in on the bottom of the pic. You'll see the range and a trap apron.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/365603/Screenshot_20210427-163758_Maps_jpg-1921248.JPG
View Quote

Over the hill from me

It’s a private club

High Rock I believe
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:54:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Bump fire
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:55:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Over the hill from me

It’s a private club

High Rock I believe
View Quote

The "range" referenced in the OP/ map in not High Rock, which is in Naugy.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#9]
It’s a private fish and game club.  Not related to that proposed range at all. Club has been there a long time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top