Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2020 3:38:12 PM EDT
Please post updates here for us in the Gainesville area.  Thank you!
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:03:49 PM EDT
[#1]
First I've heard of anything.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#2]
A buddy of mine, who lives out that way, states that there is a large gathering there now and that the police are heading there.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:41:37 PM EDT
[#3]
So we appear to have significant protest activity in Manassas (is that going on today?), Gainesville, Fredericksburg, and Richmond?

Am I missing any?

-shooter
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:07:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I called the PWPD a couple of hours ago to ask about the protest in Gainesville.  They said they were staging and prepared to do whatever was needed.  Let's hope.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:19:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like most of the protesters have left by now, streets are back open.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I called the PWPD a couple of hours ago to ask about the protest in Gainesville.  They said they were staging and prepared to do whatever was needed.  Let's hope.
View Quote

I called the Prince William PD, Fire dispatch
non-emergency number at about 9 pm tonight, having heard on Broadcastify that the PWPD Substation and gas pumps at
Cardinal and Rt 1, just south of Woodbridge,
were surrounded by protestors.

No indication of violence, etc., but i asked
the call taker if there was any releasable info about the situation, and she politely
informed that she wasn’t authorized to
release any information except that the
PD was in control of the situation, and told me to “stay safe”. Hoping that doesn’t mean it’s worse thsn it sounds, or getting that way.

I’m in Dumfries, a couple of miles south of
there, right off Rt. 1, and two hundred yards from our Town Police offices.

Shots reported 1/2 hour ago off Triangle Road, just north of Quantico, less than a mile from here.

Waiting it out. My people are closeby and safe. ... or distant, and very safe, and prepped very well.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 1:14:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I called the Prince William PD, Fire dispatch
non-emergency number at about 9 pm tonight, having heard on Broadcastify that the PWPD Substation and gas pumps at
Cardinal and Rt 1, just south of Woodbridge,
were surrounded by protestors.

No indication of violence, etc., but i asked
the call taker if there was any releasable info about the situation, and she politely
informed that she wasn’t authorized to
release any information except that the
PD was in control of the situation, and told me to “stay safe”. Hoping that doesn’t mean it’s worse thsn it sounds, or getting that way.

I’m in Dumfries, a couple of miles south of
there, right off Rt. 1, and two hundred yards from our Town Police offices.

Shots reported 1/2 hour ago off Triangle Road, just north of Quantico, less than a mile from here.

Waiting it out. My people are closeby and safe. ... or distant, and very safe, and prepped very well.
View Quote

Call takers/dispatchers usually are not allowed to provide this type of info, info about on going incidents, to people over the phone. This is usually done by a public affairs official.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 1:28:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Clearly, and perfectly sensible..
Good OPSEC.

i was looking more for information
on any known threat to the public,
and traffic routes possibly compromised.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top