Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/21/2020 11:21:56 PM EDT
I know that bills similar to HB2940 and HB2945 get introduced every session and they don't make it very far, but is it time to organize and show the tyrants that we are not to be messed with?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#1]
The problem is Democrats don't understand reason. The more gun owners they see the more threats they perceive.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The problem is Democrats don't understand reason. The more gun owners they see the more threats they perceive.
View Quote
Good point...let's just do nothing.

I'm in, OP.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Im in.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m thinking that we should reach out to the guys who started VBB for some tips on organizing, no sense in reinventing the wheel.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#6]
In.

ETA:  and subscribed
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 4:26:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I sent an IM to @Ben.  Hopefully he can point us in the right direction.

Is the OK2A capable of being our VCDL?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#8]
He replied, said he would start a thread about it this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 5:58:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Howdy.  I don't pop in here too often but some nice gentleman told me this thread was here.  We need to spread the word on this site to other Okies about this subject, a lot of them do not visit the HTF.

I think OK2A is great but from what I see, the rural areas aren't represented.  I mentioned in the thread I started in GD about the house bills, that we need to organize.  Hell, just the SW part of the state where I am at is huge, everyone out here supports the 2A.  
Lots of guys I know in Caddo County who are armed to the teeth but don't belong to Arfcom or any other internet forum.  You will only meet these guys at the local fishing hole, coffee shop or farm supply store.

If there are any other Arfcomers in the SW part of the state, let me know.  I am going to start reaching out locally to people.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 6:09:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I live in Texas now but I'm an okie by birth, I'll drive up and try to bring a few Texans with me...
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a lot of friends and family in the McAlester area so I can help put the word out.

Someone needs to start a recall petition on this idiot Democrat.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a lot of friends and family in the McAlester area so I can help put the word out.

View Quote
I'm not sure how that would work since I doubt any of us live in his district (88).
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:53:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm not sure how that would work since I doubt any of us live in his district (88).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.  It’s the central OKC downtown area and includes a large chunk of NE OKC, which is largely minority folks.  I do not see a recall getting much traction there.

I’m really not too worried about him getting anywhere with this.   But we do need to keep vigilant about any moderate districts. Perhaps find an area with an open seat, and ensure it goes to someone sympathetic to our views.  Some years ago, I saw a scorecard for all Oklahoma state level reps.  At the time, Dems and Repubs were roughly equal in number. But there were only 4 state level reps and senators in the entire state that scored poorly on the 2nd amendment questions.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
True.  It’s the central OKC downtown area and includes a large chunk of NE OKC, which is largely minority folks.  I do not see a recall getting much traction there.

I’m really not too worried about him getting anywhere with this.   But we do need to keep vigilant about any moderate districts. Perhaps find an area with an open seat, and ensure it goes to someone sympathetic to our views.  Some years ago, I saw a scorecard for all Oklahoma state level reps.  At the time, Dems and Repubs were roughly equal in number. But there were only 4 state level reps and senators in the entire state that scored poorly on the 2nd amendment questions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

His district has a lot of Vietnamese, Latinos, gays, hipsters, and bums.  He ran unopposed in his last two elections.   In 2014 only 4,147 people, out of over 34,000 constituents, voted in the primary election. There was no general election, just a run-off between democrat candidates.  No republicans ran in the primary.  This is reminiscent of Virginia's last election where several districts had unopposed democrats running.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:47:14 PM EDT
[#15]
In.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Tag
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:49:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://cdn.ballotpedia.org/images/9/9f/OK_HD_088.JPG

His district has a lot of Vietnamese, Latinos, gays, hipsters, and bums.  He ran unopposed in his last two elections.   In 2014 only 4,147 people, out of over 34,000 constituents, voted in the primary election. There was no general election, just a run-off between democrat candidates.  No republicans ran in the primary.  This is reminiscent of Virginia's last election where several districts had unopposed democrats running.
View Quote
With both Heritage Hills and Mesta Park, the NW 23rd corridor (Tower Theater, et.al) the Paseo, the Plaza District, the N. Western , Will Rogers  Theater strip, the aforementioned NW 36th LGBT community, I'm not sure there IS a Republican in the district to run, let alone vote.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:06:12 AM EDT
[#18]
In.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:26:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Lots of guys I know in Caddo County who are armed to the teeth but don't belong to Arfcom or any other internet forum.  You will only meet these guys at the local fishing hole, coffee shop or farm supply store.
View Quote
I vote Ski Boy as the official Oklahoma Battle Buddies meetup spot.

It wouldn't help out the fitness aspect much, but it would get me to show up!
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:53:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
With both Heritage Hills and Mesta Park, the NW 23rd corridor (Tower Theater, et.al) the Paseo, the Plaza District, the N. Western , Will Rogers  Theater strip, the aforementioned NW 36th LGBT community, I'm not sure there IS a Republican in the district to run, let alone vote.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://cdn.ballotpedia.org/images/9/9f/OK_HD_088.JPG

I know.  Its our very own little commie stronghold.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:55:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a bit of a drive from Luther, but that burger looks quite tasty.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:07:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Here's a couple of useful links from the across the board in case anyone needs them...

American Battle Buddies (ABB) Fitness Challenge

Oklahoma 2A Attacks (From GD Forum)
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:07:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
In this part of the state, I vote J&W Grill in Chickasha.  I bet they haven't cleaned their grease covered grill in 50 years and it makes the burgers awesome.  They also serve a small, health conscience side of fries.
OH, I hope you like onions on your burger

Link Posted: 1/23/2020 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#24]
On a different message board last night someone expressed concern about groups like these being infiltrated by the feds like they did in the 80s and 90s.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#25]
I've been here about 5 years and from North Carolina where the king of England granted my family some land in the 1680's.  Ya'll understand how I talk and I get along really well with the folks here.  I'm glad I moved and a great place to settle down.  I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade and have been shooting for at least 45 years.  I would like to be included in the list of folks contacted.
If you are not on the list by now you ain't trying.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 2:11:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
On a different message board last night someone expressed concern about groups like these being infiltrated by the feds like they did in the 80s and 90s.
View Quote
That would be awesome!  Maybe they could funnel us some of the guns that they sent down Mexico for Fast and Furious.

I kid...  
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:36:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Oh well. The guy that won't shut up about making bombs? That's the rat.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:29:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its funny because its true.

Howdy neighbor.  We could meet up at The Butcher in Wellston.  Damn good burnt ends there.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 9:17:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Howdy neighbor.  We could meet up at The Butcher in Wellston.  Damn good burnt ends there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I'm not even 30 minutes from there. I've never eaten there but I've heard it is awesome.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:44:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Here's a couple of useful links from the across the board in case anyone needs them...

View Quote
I had a look at the first link above.  I was looking at this as a means to improve my physical fitness, but I may have bitten off more than I can chew.  Even the 3rd class registration would be a real challenge for me.  I used to pack-out hike and camp a lot in my youth.  Even 10 years ago, it would have been possible.  But after one knee surgery and the possible need for another, hiking that many miles is not going to be in my future.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I had a look at the first link above.  I was looking at this as a means to improve my physical fitness, but I may have bitten off more than I can chew.  Even the 3rd class registration would be a real challenge for me.  I used to pack-out hike and camp a lot in my youth.  Even 10 years ago, it would have been possible.  But after one knee surgery and the possible need for another, hiking that many miles is not going to be in my future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’d start off lighter and a shorter distance and try to work up from there.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed...as we are organizing I thought it would be helpful to bring links back here from what the other Battle Buddies are doing (I can't bring myself to type BB).

ETA:  We have a great position in that we aren't really under attack.  VA let it get to their doorstep.  We can beat this back from a long distance.

ETA2:  Edited because I was wrong.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Agreed...as we are organizing I thought it would be helpful to bring links back here from what the other Battle Buddies are doing (I can't bring myself to type BB).

There's no requirements or ASVAB.  I think most of us are looking to find like minded people that want to ensure our freedoms for a long time.

ETA:  We have a great position in that we aren't really under attack.  VA let it get to their doorstep.  We can beat this back from a long distance.
View Quote
Exactly. Be nice to get way ahead of this before it's an issue. Point out the out of state money/political influence feeding this. Set up sanctuary cities /counties. We've made some notable 2a progress lately it would be a real shame to lose the momentum.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Sweet!!! I have a neighbor that needs to go back.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Link to Battle Buddies organization thread

Quoted:
All,

Due to excessive PMs from individuals asking for information about how to start a Battle Buddies group, I am pushing out the below.  It is still being determined between myself and several current participants which name (or combination of names for higher and lower administrative levels of the organization) we will go with.  I'll update the OP as soon as we've hammered that out.  I will also update with further details on specific courses of instruction and recommended goals for members and groups.  As of now, the below is basic guidelines for how to qualify for a given rating.  It was previously posted in another thread, but there have been some notable provisions.  Please see below.

Updates to follow.  Thanks!

American Battle Buddies Handbook

1.Rules for participation.

a.ABB is an apolitical public service outdoors/scouting organization.  Any person participating with ABB must refrain from engaging in partisan political speech or activity during ABB activities.  This does not, however, restrict discussing legislation which would directly impact ABB activities or the organization as a whole.
b.Participation is limited to persons 18 years of age or older, except persons 16 years of age may participate with their parents notarized written consent.  Individuals aged 13 through 15 may participate only if their parent or legal guardian is physically present during the activity in which the minor wishes to participate. Any commissioned officer of the armed forces, or public notary, may certify a parent’s consent for their minor age 16 or above to participate.
c.No person who has been convicted of a felony may participate in ABB activities without being granted a waiver, with any specific restrictions, in writing from ABB senior leadership.  Senior leadership who may grant such a waiver will consist of a board made up of at least one law enforcement officer or former law enforcement officer, one armed forces commissioned officer or former commissioned officer, and either one ABB civilian rated Leader or Senior Leader or enlisted/former enlisted E-6 or above ABB member. The board will seek advice from an ABB lawyer if necessary when rendering a decision.

2.Battle Buddies Ratings.
a.Ratings are not ranks, they are an indicator of a member having achieved proficiency in certain basic tasks to a given level.

b.Ratings Available to Civilian and Military Members.
-Provisional
-3rd Class
-2nd Class
-1st Class
-Junior Leader
-Leader
-Senior Leader

c. Other Ratings.
-Any member of the organization may choose to adopt the title/rank held during their most recent term of honorable military service.
-Any member who is a medical doctor by profession may choose to adopt the title of “Doctor”, and any member who is an engineer by both degree and profession may select the title “Engineer”.

3.Standards to achieve ratings.

a.Standard Hike Conditions: Minimum 35lbs pack (dry weight, excluding water) and long gun, or 45lbs pack without long gun; covering a minimum of 6 miles while maintaining an average pace of no less than 3mph (including any rest time).

b.Provisional.
1.In order to achieve a Provisional rating, a prospective member must complete one hike, 3 miles in length, with at least two other persons unrelated to them as witnesses. The prospective member must complete the hike in under an hour while carrying 25lbs (excluding water weight) in a pack, and a long gun.  The prospective member may choose to omit the long gun and instead add an additional 10lbs dry weight to their pack.

c.3rd Class
1.In order to achieve a 3rd Class rating, a Provisional member must;
-Within 90 days of their first hike, complete at least two additional hikes, each covering a minimum of 6 miles while maintaining an average pace of no less than 3mph (including any rest time),
-Have completed cumulatively 18 miles of qualifying hike distance, not including any hikes of a distance less than 3 miles, and
-Complete the above 3rd Class requirements while carrying a minimum 35lbs pack (dry weight, excluding water) and long gun, or 45lbs pack without long gun (Standard Hike Conditions).

d.2nd Class
1.A candidate for 2nd Class must complete one of the following;
a.Complete a Navy Physical Fitness Test based upon the male standard (regardless of the candidate gender) for their age group with a minimum score of “Satisfactory” in each event (or Army or Marine Corps PFT equivalent) or,
b.Complete a NRA or CMP Service Rifle Match (whether firing “in” or “out” of competition due to equipment restrictions) with a minimum score of 70%.
2.The candidate must also complete at least one additional hike of no less than 3 miles, with the same weight and pace requirements above listed as standard hike conditions.

e.1st Class
1.Candidates for 1st Class must complete the second option from the 2nd Class qualification ([a] or [b], whichever was not selected for their 2nd Class qualification), and complete at least one additional hike of 6 miles or more under standard hike conditions.

f.Junior Leader (JL)
1.After having achieved ABB 1st Class, a prospective JL must organize (3) ABB hikes with participation by at least 3 other attendees not related to them.  During each of these hikes at least 3 of the 4 or more participants (including the prospective JL) must complete the hike under standard hike conditions, and

2.Complete accredited Basic First Responder and Stop the Bleed medical training, and

3.Obtain a license to operate amateur radio of Technician Class or higher, and

4.Have been an active ABB member of Provisional rank or above for a period of six months.

g.Leader (in progress)

h.Senior Leader (in progress)
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
We are allowed to open carry, so maybe there could be a hike right through the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:10:02 PM EDT
[#38]
That sign needs to just read, “Stay the Fuck Out”. I’m pretty convinced a coasty Republican is still a liberal.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:26:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm thinking about doing a hike at Arcadia Lake sometime in the near future if anyone wants to join up.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:34:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
We are allowed to open carry, so maybe there could be a hike right through the neighborhood.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Duck hunters in his back yard have failed to work. We're pretty far out in the country. Some of the other neighbors exterminated his dogs right in front of him and he just got more. This one's a nut he filled a lawsuit and had to pay for the cow and calf the dog's were munching on. Funny thing is he doesn't really give me any problem but the bigger neighbors to the west he has a hard on for. I guess he see's a payday where I'm broke. I kinda wish he'd go back before he goes missing. He inherited his grandmother's place but he really has no business in the boondocks. I keep waiting for his dogs to eat him he never has enough food for all them and mooches dead chickens just to keep them fed. But what I don't understand is he thinks he's rescuing these dogs when he can't feed them. He lives in a 12' X 20' storage building made into a house. I kinda wonder if his mental illness isn't what has kept him from going missing? I'm surprised he's made it this long.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 1:35:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Interested!
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#42]
If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask.

Oklahoma being absolutely completely Red is actually at the top of my concerns. We held a supermajority for decades here.

Loving this is spreading.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:42:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Oklahoma being absolutely completely Red is actually at the top of my concerns. We held a supermajority for decades here.

View Quote
I see us being such a red state as a target for the commies, and not some kind of security blanket.

I hope you Virginia boys comprehend what you started and how great it is.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Look how quickly we lost our water Rights without even a vote. Now we have to pay to use water from our own constructed impoundments. The Tribes have so much POWER that they can sway issues quickly! Medical Marijuana is illegal at the Federal level but you can buy and posses it quicker than a suppressor!!! WHY???
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 7:48:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Look how quickly we lost our water Rights without even a vote. Now we have to pay to use water from our own constructed impoundments. The Tribes have so much POWER that they can sway issues quickly! Medical Marijuana is illegal at the Federal level but you can buy and posses it quicker than a suppressor!!! WHY???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because the concept of the Republic is being replaced by the false God of Democracy.

Listen to the radio, TV and print. How many references do you hear "to our Democracy"? Democracy is terrible.

Virginia isn't NoVA. NY isn't NYC. Oklahoma isn't OKC. The vast majority of any state holds drastically different values than the over represented population centers. This has been a problem since the Federalists vs Anti-Federalists. Before we were born they already destroyed the bicameral legislature with the 17th Amendment. Direct election of Senators sways power towards population centers, where previously it was given to the State legislatures, who voted based on geographic location.

Democracy is inherently dangerous. I'm living the whole 51% of wolves vs sheep deciding what to have for dinner. I don't want that for you guys.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Because the concept of the Republic is being replaced by the false God of Democracy.

Listen to the radio, TV and print. How many references do you hear "to our Democracy"? Democracy is terrible.

Virginia isn't NoVA. NY isn't NYC. Oklahoma isn't OKC. The vast majority of any state holds drastically different values than the over represented population centers. This has been a problem since the Federalists vs Anti-Federalists. Before we were born they already destroyed the bicameral legislature with the 17th Amendment. Direct election of Senators sways power towards population centers, where previously it was given to the State legislatures, who voted based on geographic location.

Democracy is inherently dangerous. I'm living the whole 51% of wolves vs sheep deciding what to have for dinner. I don't want that for you guys.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why our forefathers had the Pole Tax so that invested people had the majority of the Vote. There needs to be a class action lawsuit filed on behalf of the people on the tax for suppressors vs Marijuana as a discrimination that is unfounded by today's society. There's No reason a regular back ground check is so much faster than a finger printed check. There's far more Taxes paid on a suppressor. You have the stamp plus sales tax! If the Senate keeps pandering to the Democrats this week. By next year we will be a Parliament instead of a Republic.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Anyone wants to do a Stop the Bleed class or CPR/first aid let me know, I'll do it for the cost of a card for FA or free if Stop the Bleed for OK Battle Buddies.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:41:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Anyone wants to do a Stop the Bleed class or CPR/first aid let me know, I'll do it for the cost of a card for FA or free if Stop the Bleed for OK Battle Buddies.
View Quote
I really want to do a Stop The Bleed class, but OU doesn't seem to offer them anymore.

I'm in for either or both.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#49]
What do you guys want to see grow out of this?

In my mind, a group of citizens dedicated to their communities could be a powerful force in a lot of ways. I was ruminating over what this could grow to be and was wondering what we could accomplish some day.

Firearms and freedom are a part of it for sure but what about other facets? I'd bet money many of us will end up being LE, military, fire service, EMTs, Masons, etc that already look out for their community.

Sure, we may just end up with a only handful of Okies but you want to dismiss what 5 or 6 people that aren't afraid to work and will step forward when needed could accomplish?

One of us taking some supplies to flooded areas thanks to Harvey could make a huge difference in the lives of people.

I'll come teach community CPR at your town fair if I can.

Etc.

I may be way off base and if I am just tell me to shut it. I'll understand.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#50]
I have been sort of ruminating over this for quite a while.  I am not looking to form up a "militia" to fight the government or anything like that.  I am looking more for a way to be useful to my neighborhood when disaster strikes.  We had a doozy of an ice storm awhile back that brought down a lot of trees and power lines.  Damage to homes and cars was extensive.  But it was still in the realm of non-SHTF.  There were no looters, the police were still on the job.  I understand there were a few places where the national guard was called out, but they were not stretched beyond normal limits.

It is possible things could get worse, but probably not a lot worse.  If the National Guard and Police were stretched beyond their ability to keep calm and carry on, then it might be time to break out the rifles to keep the neighbors safe by forming a Neighborhood Watch Committee.  Nothing too militant, just a couple of guards at the entrances to check IDs and keep the looters out.  I'm thinking about the sort of thing the National Guard does now when a tornado rips through people's homes.

A much more realistic scenario would involve providing food, water, first aid, transportation to the nearest hospital, even electricity for those who have to do without.  To that end, I have started expanding my preps to include enough to feed a least a few of my neighbors who are not as prepared as am I.  I can't feed the whole neighborhood, of course.  But some elderly or injured people are within my possibility of helping.  It's the Christian thing to do.

And, of course, if word gets out that I am giving away food, someone may decide to came take it all at gun point. At that point, I might be somewhat less amiable.

Maybe Battle Buddies isn't the right venue for this.  Or maybe it is.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top