Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2022 4:20:44 PM EDT
According to Firearm Policy Colitition it looks like Tom Tillis is going to vote for this gun control scheme.
We need to light up the phones and let him know that If he betrays us we will see someone else in his seat.
Call our state senator's and let them know that you are counting on them not betraying us.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/12/senators-strike-bipartisan-gun-safety-agreement-00039019
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:43:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
According to Firearm Policy Colitition it looks like Tom Tillis is going to vote for this gun control scheme.
We need to light up the phones and let him know that If he betrays us we will see someone else in his seat.
Call our state senator's and let them know that you are counting on them not betraying us.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/12/senators-strike-bipartisan-gun-safety-agreement-00039019
View Quote

He doesn’t care, this isn’t the first time he has betrayed his constituents. Glad I didn’t vote for him.

ETA:  I’m still amazed that the guy was re-elected after the I-77 toll lane debacle.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:23:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Politico is now reporting (https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/12/senators-strike-bipartisan-gun-safety-agreement-00039019) that Senator “Traitor Thom” Tillis has just agreed to a deal with gun banning Democrats, stabbing in the back the very voters who helped him achieve victory in his most recent reelection.

CNN reports (https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/12/politics/senate-gun-safety-agreement/index.html) Senator “Benedict Burr” has also signed on to the agreement with enough other Republicans to defeat any filibuster on the measure.

Included in this deal will be the relegation of young, law-abiding adults to second class constitutional status when it come to the purchase and possession of yet undefined categories of firearms.

Included in this deal will be Federal “bribes” to coerce state legislatures to create unconstitutional gun confiscation schemes (GSO’s) that will allow anyone with a chip on their shoulder to subject YOU, a lawful gun owner who has committed no offense, to the seizure and confiscation of your firearms and the besmirching of your good reputation and character as well.

Democrats have long considered “red flag” GCOs as the “low-hanging fruit.” Apparently our very own “Traitor Thom” and “Benedict Burr” are willing to pull down the branch and let them pick it at their pleasure.  If they succeed in passing them, it will build momentum for additional gun control.  Remember their goal is simple and direct:  Regulation, Registration, and Confiscation!

Send this direct and forceful message to Senator’s Tillis and Burr by email and by calling each of their Washington DC and North Carolina phones:

Use this link to email Senator Tillis:

https://www.tillis.senate.gov/email-me

Use these numbers to call each of Senator Tillis’ offices:

(202) 224-6342         Washington, DC

(919) 856-4630         Raleigh, NC

(704) 509-9087         Charlotte, NC

(252) 329-0371         Greenville, NC

(828) 693-9724         Hendersonville, NC

(336) 885-0685         High Point, NC

Use this link to email Senator Burr:

https://www.burr.senate.gov/email-me

Use these numbers to call each of Senator Burr’s offices:

(202) 224-3154         Washington, DC

(828) 350-2437         Asheville, NC

(252) 977-9522         Rocky Mount, NC

(910) 251-1058         Wilmington, NC

(336) 631-5125         Winston-Salem, NC
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 7:34:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes , yes he is.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes , yes he is.
View Quote

100%
He is POS RINO.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:45:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes he is

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 4:48:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 5:45:52 PM EDT
[#7]
When hasn't Tom Tillis betrayed us?

He's not a RINO, he's a leftist Democrat who ran as a "Republican."

In early North Carolina history, he would have been tarred and feathered.

John Birch Society rankings:
https://thenewamerican.com/freedom-index/legislator/t000476/

https://thenewamerican.com/freedom-index/legislator/t000476/votes/scorecard-117-2/pdf/scb/

The sad thing is, he's only slightly better than Burr....who is retiring this year.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 11:23:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Annnnd……of course he did.  Both he and Burr.
And to day I got another text asking for support from Traitor Thom to “ help combat Harris’s tie breaking vote by supporting him with my cash”.  
Any man that needs that sort of baby sitting and hounding to just do his fucking job is no man and a worthless piece of crap.  

He’s always been that way.  And this is no different.

The big question is who is going to replace Burr? And then Tillis?
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Oops. Double tapped it
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone got any names of people to support to primary the pos Tillis in '26?  We may as well start throwing our support to someone else now and let him know we're sick of his shit.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 9:17:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anyone got any names of people to support to primary the pos Tillis in '26?  We may as well start throwing our support to someone else now and let him know we're sick of his shit.
View Quote

This and state gop needs to be put on notice you will not support these rino’s

Link Posted: 6/26/2022 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Dear Mr. ------

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act (BSCA). I appreciate hearing from you.

I am proud to have worked in a bipartisan manner to work with my Senate colleagues to develop a commonsense proposal to protect America’s children, keep our schools safe, and reduce the threat of violence across our country. The BSCA is the result of extensive negotiations to develop legislation that will save lives while preserving the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans. The full Senate voted 65-33 to pass the BSCA. I look forward to seeing this important measure signed into law.

Recent acts of gun violence, particularly those in Uvalde, Texas and Buffalo, New York, sparked a national debate about how to prevent future attacks and how to keep our communities and our loved ones safe. These recent mass shootings are a sad reminder that evil exists in the world. Deaths from gun violence are truly tragic, and my heart goes out to all those impacted by these senseless acts of terror.

The BSCA is a carefully negotiated response to gun violence that will make our communities safer by expanding access to mental health services, investing in school safety, strengthening existing laws, and funding crisis intervention programs.

What does the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act do?

The BSCA provides significant investments in mental health services. This includes investing in school services such as early identification and intervention programs and school-based mental health and wrap-around services. It also increases access to mental and behavioral health services for those in crisis using telehealth programs. The BSCA also provides for a national expansion of Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics that will provide 365/24/7 mental health care services in our communities.

The BSCA supports school safety measures, including school violence prevention efforts, as well as providing training to school personnel and students. It also provides funds to provide academic enrichment and youth development opportunities which will help improve outcomes for students by connecting them to community organizations. The BSCA also includes funding for mental health resources, drug and violence prevention, mentoring, crisis intervention, and high-quality training for school personnel on suicide prevention and human trafficking.

Finally, the BSCA strengthens existing laws to help crack down on criminals who abuse our firearm laws, while also protecting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding gun owners. This includes encouraging states to upload juvenile records into the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), providing for an investigative period for buyers under 21 to review juvenile and mental health records, criminalizing straw purchases, clarifying the definition of a firearm dealer, and providing protections for domestic violence victims. The BCSA also provides grant funding for crisis intervention and violence prevention programs which also include mental health courts, drug courts, and veterans’ courts.

Does this legislation create new background checks and waiting periods?

No, the BSCA does not expand the background check system, does not change the age to purchase a firearm, and does not create a mandatory waiting period for all purchasers. Instead, the BSCA works to strengthen our existing background check system by ensuring juvenile records and mental health adjudications are considered before issuing a firearm to an individual under 21. For someone without a juvenile record, they will still be able to purchase a firearm on the same day. If a juvenile record is found, there will be an investigative period in which authorities can determine if the juvenile record would be disqualifying had the crime been committed if the individual were an adult.

Will this legislation create a national “red flag” law?

Absolutely not, the BSCA does not create a national “red flag” law. Further, it does not compel states to enact crisis intervention programs. Instead, the legislation provides formula funding for all states to enact violence prevention and crisis intervention programs that are best suited to the needs of their state. This funding can go towards crisis intervention programs, mental health courts, drug courts, veterans courts, and other programs to reduce violence and keep our communities safe. It is ultimately up to each state to determine how this funding will be used to best serve the needs of their residents.

What guardrails does this legislation put in place to protect due process for law-abiding North Carolinians?

I am very concerned about protecting and preserving our constitutional rights, which is why I fought to ensure strong due process protections were included in this legislation. For states that choose to use crisis intervention order programs, the legislation requires strong due process and evidentiary protections to protect our constitutional rights and prevent abuse. That means new due process guardrails for states with existing crisis intervention order programs and for those that choose to implement new ones. This includes both pre and post-deprivation due process rights that include notice, the right to an in-person hearing, unbiased adjudicators, knowledge of opposing evidence, right to present evidence, right to confront adverse witnesses, and the right to be represented by legal counsel. It requires heightened evidentiary standards to justify crisis intervention and requires penalties for those who attempt to abuse the program.

I am proud of my work to advance commonsense, bipartisan legislation that improves mental health care, strengthens school safety, and saves lives while protecting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding North Carolinians. I am grateful for the work of my colleagues Senators John Cornyn (R-TX), Chris Murphy (D-CT), and Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) to find common ground and produce solutions.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. Please do not hesitate to get back in touch with me again about other important issues.

Sincerely,

Thom Tillis
U.S. Senator

Follow Me on Social Media:

To contact me, click here.

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 3:23:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Annnnd……of course he did.  Both he and Burr.
And to day I got another text asking for support from Traitor Thom to “ help combat Harris’s tie breaking vote by supporting him with my cash”.  
Any man that needs that sort of baby sitting and hounding to just do his fucking job is no man and a worthless piece of crap.  

He’s always been that way.  And this is no different.

The big question is who is going to replace Burr? And then Tillis?
View Quote

Ted Budd is the R nominee for Burr’s seat

Tillis needs to CoC violate himself
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

100%
He is POS RINO.
View Quote

End of thread right there. All that needs to be said.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#15]
at least you got back a responce from rino tillis he needs to go.

Burr wrote me back.. I sent him a change in party to democrap if he ever decides to run again.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 12:14:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lt Governor Robinson would be my choice.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd rather see him run for governor.  A Senate race would have tons of out of state money being spent against him.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 11:34:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Ted Budd is the R nominee for Burr's seat

Tillis needs to CoC violate himself
View Quote
Ted is solid

His office called my house when my daughter had been in a car wreck.

And I would get calls to join the town halls.

And he is a FFL
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I know Tillis's former Chief of staff from when he was the state speaker a fairly well and every time I talk about what a POS Tillis is and how much of a fud he is, I'm told that he is very pro gun. He's a shooting enthusiast etc etc. I've also been promised a trip to Hit the range withTillis on more than one occasion that have never happened.

This being said, clearly his record reflects it and my associate's friendship with him has obviously clouded his judgment on the issue.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For president.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top