Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2021 7:58:45 PM EDT
My membership is up for renewal and just wonder if there's a better option out there.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:35:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My membership is up for renewal and just wonder if there's a better option out there.

Thanks!
View Quote

It really depends on your situation.  Some plans are better in some areas, and some are better in other areas, so you should compare the plans and see which is best for you.

VCDL (again, TSRA disappoints) has a great comparison document that makes this fairly easy:  https://vcdl.org/page/legal-plan-comparison

For me, TX/US LawShield is by far the best plan.  I never thought anyone would think other plans are better until someone pointed out that they had their own attorney and one of the plans allows them to use their attorney.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:33:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I have met a talked to quite a few attorneys in the Texas/U.S. Lawshield system. I am very impressed with them. One advantage is if you get jammed up some place away from your home, they will get you a competent attorney. This is important if you are arrested and the police want to interview you, no way will I say a word to law enforcement without an attorney being there.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 12:38:35 AM EDT
[#3]
IMO take a good look at CCWSafe.  They have the most straight forward fine print I've seen.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I want to choose my own attorney, not someone handed off to me
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Unless you carry a attorney’s card with and know he will take collect calls 24/7 and he/she is willing to travel anywhere in the state 24/7. Plus is not just a criminal attorney but one that specializes in defensive shootings. I would rather have Texas/US Law Shield.

I have talked with quite a few of their attorneys and they are really sharp in their specialty area. Now you may not have the same attorney through the entire ‘case’ it would all depend where the case goes and what the DA wants to do with the case. Whether to charge you and send to the Grand Jury or not charge you. If the Grand Jury finds against you and you go to trial you need not only an attorney that has gone to trial successfully and knows what experts to hire. Texas/US Law Shield covers those experts and experts can be really expensive. I have seen cases have expert costs running from $50,000 to over $100,000. If you don’t have the money up front for those experts more than likely your attorney will not be able to pay for them.

The most important thing to remember in the case of you being involved in a defensive shooting, do not say ANYTHING except I want my attorney before I will answer any questions. Since there is a 99.9% chance of you being arrested. Just give them your DL, your LTC and let LE take your prints and mug shots and don’t be an asshole. When your attorney gets there let him/her run the questioning, never say a word unless your attorney says so.

The rest of your life is going to be determined on you not making any mistakes. There are many ‘legal services’ like the NRA’s Carry Guard, that only pays off if you win your case, you get to pick your attorney, but if they fuck up you might be imprisoned and your family holding a big legal bill to pay off since Carry Guard will not pay the legal bills. Also Carry Guard DOES NOT PAY for expert witnesses.

Know what you are buying before signing up for one of the legal services.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, if you have that kind of money and already know a great attorney that specializes in use of force cases, there are plans set up for that.  

Check the VCDL comparison doc and it's really easy to see which plan will be best for you.

I thing TX LawShield's attorneys are some of the best at what they do, and the plan covers exactly the things that I need.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top