Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2020 10:57:26 PM EDT
My granddaughter just finished her junior year at A&M and wants to visit Hawaii in the next week or so before she starts summer classes. How are things due to the Corona Crap? Will it be worth my cash and her effort to visit? I really think she should wait, but she is hell bent on doing something to wind down after completing 19 hours this past semester. Any help and info will be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 5:01:38 AM EDT
[#1]
If she comes here in the next month or so she will have to quarantine in her hotel room or wherever she is staying for 14 days. Cannot leave for any reason including exercise or obtaining food.  If she is caught outside her quarantine she will probably be arrested and sent home.

Tell her to just stay home.  It won't be fun and we don't want her here right now. None of the parks are really open as are none of the tourist attractions not to mention restaurants or any other places to visit.  

Please, just stay home and come visit later.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 11:52:33 AM EDT
[#2]
It’s not worth the cheap flight to Hawaii while the 14 day quarantine rule is still in effect.

Tourists and returning residents have been tracked down and arrested for non-compliance with the 14 day quarantine. State and local law enforcement have been tasked with “busting” (lt governor likes this term) violators.

Some tourists have opted to return to the mainland upon arrival and being informed of the emergency quarantine order. They never left the airport.

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess the bill of rights is null and void in Hawaii
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 6:43:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FlyingIllini:
I guess the bill of rights is null and void in Hawaii
View Quote

No worse than some other states and better than some others.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info gentlemen. Before I had time to show her your post, she decided to complete her summer classes and if things are better, then plan a trip to Hawaii. It’s amazing how she changed her mind overnight.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Travel should be better at the end of summer when they can do testing on all arrivals and the touristy spots are open.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#7]
The governor has extended the mandatory 14 day quarantine for travelers to the end of June.

Violators are still being tracked down and arrested. Names and photos of violators have been posted in the media when the violators run.

Even residents cannot avoid the quarantine when traveling between islands.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Leftists are insane
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:21:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By HI5-0:
The governor has extended the mandatory 14 day quarantine for travelers to the end of June. 

Violators are still being tracked down and arrested. Names and photos of violators have been posted in the media when the violators run.

Even residents cannot avoid the quarantine when traveling between islands.
View Quote

They can if it is for work in an essential business.

Tomorrow I start a 10 day quarantine on Kaho`olawe.  As mayor of Base Camp, I am opening the beach for recreational activities.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 2:26:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:

They can if it is for work in an essential business.

Tomorrow I start a 10 day quarantine on Kaho`olawe.  As mayor of Base Camp, I am opening the beach for recreational activities.
View Quote

Isn’t that island pretty desolate?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 2:57:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RLR350:

Isn’t that island pretty desolate?
View Quote

No one lives there until I show up tomorrow.

just me and 6 other guys for a week and half.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:52:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:

No one lives there until I show up tomorrow.

just me and 6 other guys for a week and half.
View Quote

Ok, well, have fun I guess.

Maybe you can count the windmills if you get bored.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top