Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2021 12:53:09 PM EDT
Wanting to buy a gun from them but many red flags have come up.

#1. Credit card system is down must use Venmo, Zelle, wire transfer.
#2. I made an inquiry at 10:00PM PA time, and got a response right away.
#3. The Benificiary name is Mokube Fritz not Empire Gun Shop, EGS is the "Benficiary Reference" i think those should at least be switched.
#4. The routing number given comes up First Killeen Bank, the name they gave me was First Convenience Bank of Texas.  That routing number is wildly different than the one given.

On Edit, the FFL info comes up as #120 Liberty Valley Rd. #198 is what comes up as contact information for wire transfer.

Thank you for the help.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I found this on Google. I wouldnt want to proceed. Good on you for paying attention to red flags

Originally Posted By Burt Leiman :
2 months ago
Super nice owner - but he is NOT associated with the web site that's illegally using his name! BEWARE! The owner explained to me that his shop mostly does gun-smithing and repair. He does not have a web site. The empiregunshop.com site is using his address and appears to be a scam. For example, no reference to ffl for shipping firearms and you need to "open an account"...likely overseas. The real Empire Gun Shop owner has tried to contact the authorities but to no avail. I feel bad for him because his business's name and address has been hacked.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:52:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I found this on Google. I wouldnt want to proceed. Good on you for paying attention to red flags

View Quote

Thank you,

I did more checking and made a few phone calls.

I spoke with the real owners mother, who stated that this had happened a few months ago.  She was very nice and started that her son does not sell guns, he does repair and sell some parts.

Mom was super nice lady.  I told her that her son could telephone me, and I would forward all emails and information i gathered.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:45:21 AM EDT
[#3]
You are welcome

That website screams sham if you read the about us or our story pages. People make me sick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top