Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2022 6:00:19 PM EDT

Does anyone know him personally enough to comment?

https://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/Don_Bolduc_Gun_Control.htm
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 6:17:26 PM EDT
[#1]
NHFC gave him a B+ and Quirky an A- in 2020.  see the third page

I don't know if NHFC is doing anything similar this year.

Not on the 2A topic, but he was consistently signed on to the ubiquitous 'group of generals sign letter opposing XYZ from Biden'.

I voted for him in 2020 and will do so again this year.  I'll withhold comments on the other candidates in your thread.  

*I'll be honest, I can't make heads or tails out of that link other than seeing it was the 2020 primary(not that it matters as we're discussing Bolduc).

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NHFC gave him a B+ and Quirky an A- in 2020.  see the third page

I don't know if NHFC is doing anything similar this year.

Not on the 2A topic, but he was consistently signed on to the ubiquitous 'group of generals sign letter opposing XYZ from Biden'.

I voted for him in 2020 and will do so again this year.  I'll withhold comments on the other candidates in your thread.  

*I'll be honest, I can't make heads or tails out of that link other than seeing it was the 2020 primary(not that it matters as we're discussing Bolduc).
View Quote

Yeah, B+ is better than a Democrat but a little weird.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 3:33:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't get straight answers from him or Morse on anything.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 8:53:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Then don't vote for them, not like they're not controlled opposition anyways.

Fuck it........
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 8:58:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Then don't vote for them, not like they're not controlled opposition anyways.

Fuck it........
View Quote

That's currently where I'm at, unless something changes one of the candidate events coming up that I've been invited to.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Morse's views are out there.  He's a sitting state Senator.  Anything about 2A in his bio?  It's all i'm a businessman stuff.

What about his voting record?  He's been in the House/Senate since 1999.

For his 2021 votes, look up his votes in HB490 and specifically on his vote on the committee amendment on that bill.

Direct links are difficult with the new GC site, but I will attempt to spell it out.

HB490 was the game camera bill which passed the House.

It went to the Senate and they tacked on Senate Amendment 1807S which tied the definition of 'firearm' the the feds.  "II.  In this chapter, "firearm" shall have the same meaning as in 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(3) as it appears on April 12, 2022.  For the purposes of this chapter, the meaning of "firearm" shall not be construed in a manner that is broader than the definition under federal law."  Is that the right answer for NH?  Morse thinks it is.  

Note his vote below.  Also note that Guida voted no.  Guida is a good 2A sounding board.

Morse may make 2A happy noises while running for the national seat, but he is not a good pro 2A individual.  

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Morse's views are out there.  He's a sitting state Senator.  Anything about 2A in his bio?  It's all i'm a businessman stuff.

What about his voting record?  He's been in the House/Senate since 1999.

View Quote

I looked up what I could find of a Morse bill where he was a prime sponsor.  Some are actually good bills.  I don't see a single pro 2A bill there.

https://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_Status/byAnyMember.aspx
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 3:47:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Bolduc did show up in Concord for the 2A rallies before I don’t think Morse ever has. Take that for what it’s worth.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:44:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Bolduc did show up in Concord for the 2A rallies before I don’t think Morse ever has. Take that for what it’s worth.
View Quote

Yeah, very troubling.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 10:00:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I looked up what I could find of a Morse bill where he was a prime sponsor.  Some are actually good bills.  I don't see a single pro 2A bill there.

https://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_Status/byAnyMember.aspx
View Quote

I just browsed through bills Morse cosponsored.  No pro 2A bills there either.

Link Posted: 8/13/2022 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#11]
The president of Londonderry F&G told me to expect another "event" where Don Bolduc will be speaking. Given the  timing, my bet is that Don will be at our next club meeting on Sept. 6th, since that is exactly 1 week before the primary.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 1:17:36 PM EDT
[#12]
What's up with Kevin Smith?
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 1:18:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The president of Londonderry F&G told me to expect another "event" where Don Bolduc will be speaking. Given the  timing, my bet is that Don will be at our next club meeting on Sept. 6th, since that is exactly 1 week before the primary.
View Quote

I got an email about it today, but deleted it without looking at the date.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 1:24:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What's up with Kevin Smith?
View Quote

I haven't looked at him.  
Was linked off another NHPR article:  https://www.nhpr.org/nh-news/2022-07-28/smith-hopes-blend-of-conservative-activism-government-work-finds-support-in-gop-senate-primary

Former Londonderry town manager so maybe folks down that way know.

Link Posted: 8/13/2022 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I haven't looked at him.  
Was linked off another NHPR article:  https://www.nhpr.org/nh-news/2022-07-28/smith-hopes-blend-of-conservative-activism-government-work-finds-support-in-gop-senate-primary

Former Londonderry town manager so maybe folks down that way know.

View Quote

On paper he looks good.   I just don't know squat about him.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I got an email about it today, but deleted it without looking at the date.
View Quote
I haven't received anything from the club and I'm not on any politicians Email lists (intentionally).
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#17]
This is odd. There are 2 FB pages for Londonderry F&G. It's posted on one but not the members only page and it wasn't sent out to all the members for this event.

https://www.facebook.com/LondonderryFishandGameClub/photos/a.320277711343088/5308358132534996/?__cft__
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 7:33:13 AM EDT
[#18]
A big hard NO on Kevin Smith.   Expect him to move with whichever way the wind is blowing....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top