Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2021 9:15:22 AM EDT
Cox says network outage in Phx, fiber cut, since yesterday.  I'm in Vail, no internet.  Cox tech support just says "Phx area."

Is Cox down entirely south of Phx?  Tucson?  Pima Co?  Anyone down here experiencing the same?
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m in Tucson near PCC East.  Internet was crap all afternoon yesterday, but it’s working fine for me now.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:31:03 PM EDT
[#2]
It went out on me last night around midnight, but was back at two am.

Ok now.

We are in Chandler.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Outages - Cox

Cox makes me signin to see outages - and I suspect it'll only show outages near me.
Grrr.

Isitdownrightnow Doesn't show any recent outage reports.

Hope it clears up!
(Might just be the fiber melted in the heat.)
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 1:01:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I am livestreaming my home security cameras right now, so Cox is up on the East side.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 4:59:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm having troubles with the "on demand" feature, but nothing else.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I know someone having trouble with their streaming - but I think their modem is 5 years old. Time to upgrade or replace it!

There Might be a heat related failure upstream from them, but Cox basically goes "Its your modem" on the 1st tier of support. Only after you replace it (or tell them you replaced it) do they really start checking.

I like to recommend pingplotter for people to check for intermittent service failures. Is it your equipment, or upstream? Pingplotter can help figure that out.
(The last two times, it was my modem that was the problem. YMMV)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top