Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2020 4:37:19 PM EDT
I read this a while back, but I wasn't sure how well it held up throughout the year.

I was looking at a job out there but if every city is in the same state of full retard then I won't even bother applying.
I live in MD back in 2001-2008 and for a few years after the national AWB went away it wasn't horrible. I was even able tp buy a suppressor while I lived there.

But I don't know how much things have changed in the last 12 years or how much worse it's expected to get in the years to come.

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Firearms safety act of ‘13....

Banned all AR’s that aren’t in a heavy barrel configuration.

AKs are out unless in a pistol form or chambered in 556 I believe.

HQL. Handgun Qualification License. Needed to purchase a handgun within the state.

Magazine capacity. 10 rds. Not illegal to own standard cap magazines. You just can’t buy, sell or trade within the state.

https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

This will give you an idea of what your dealing with.

I believe if you purchased anything banned before 10/01/13 you can bring them into the state but have to register.

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 6:01:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Firearms safety act of '13....
Banned all AR's that aren't in a heavy barrel configuration.
AKs are out unless in a pistol form or chambered in 556 I believe.
HQL. Handgun Qualification License. Needed to purchase a handgun within the state.
Magazine capacity. 10 rds. Not illegal to own standard cap magazines. You just can't buy, sell or trade within the state.
https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx
This will give you an idea of what your dealing with.
I believe if you purchased anything banned before 10/01/13 you can bring them into the state but have to register.
View Quote
JFC it's gotten bad.
So does being in a sanctuary county mean fuck all?
What about NFA stuff?
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
JFC it's gotten bad.
So does being in a sanctuary county mean fuck all?
What about NFA stuff?
View Quote

I wouldn’t put too much faith into a sanctuary county in this state.

NFA still good to go. Just got a form 1 back for a SBR.

If you’re locked into the Aberdeen area. Maybe take a look at PA or DE.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 9:54:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I wouldn't put too much faith into a sanctuary county in this state.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I wouldn't put too much faith into a sanctuary county in this state.
Why's that?
Quoted:
If you're locked into the Aberdeen area. Maybe take a look at PA or DE.

DE doesn't allow suppressors. BLEH!!!

PA... see how things turn out tomorrow. That state could swing blue and be as much of a shitshow as MD.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 10:31:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why's that?

Probably just comes from a lack of faith in this state in general when it comes to 2A issues. Eastern shore & Western MD maybe. Any area around the 95 corridor not so much.

DE doesn't allow suppressors. BLEH!!!

PA... see how things turn out tomorrow. That state could swing blue and be as much of a shitshow as MD.
View Quote

I agree. PA on a knife edge. Just have to look at VA and see what that dick Northam is trying to pull down there.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 6:05:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Trying? Seems like he's doing it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top