Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 12/7/2022 8:19:50 PM EDT
My carry permit is set to expire in 6 months and I was wondering what I need to do to renew it. Laws have changed so am wanting to know. I renewed 5 years ago online but can't find the links to do so anymore.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I just googled “ccw renewal (insert county you live in), Iowa.”

Should have your local sheriffs office information pop up for it.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I just did mine recently here in Methatine county and I walked in, filled out a quick form, paid the money and I had in the mail about 7 business days laters. Super easy...I know its not "needed" any more but when traveling outta state to reciprocity states
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. When I renewed last I recalled being able to do so online but couldn't recall if it was through the state or county. Ran the Google Fu and found the website that Scott Co uses for renewals.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I learned something. Didn't know online renewal was an option for a carry permit. Cool.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just did mine recently here in Methatine county and I walked in, filled out a quick form, paid the money and I had in the mail about 7 business days laters. Super easy...I know its not "needed" any more but when traveling outta state to reciprocity states
View Quote

Quinn, the Sheriff, is a good guy, glad to hear the process went well.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 8:29:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I learned something. Didn't know online renewal was an option for a carry permit. Cool.
View Quote

I think it's county dependent. I believe Warren County is in person for applying, and renewing.

Polk County has been online since I moved up here and first got mine. Dallas County is online as well. No need to put on pants to get your permit.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 11:05:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think it's county dependent. I believe Warren County is in person for applying, and renewing.

Polk County has been online since I moved up here and first got mine. Dallas County is online as well. No need to put on pants to get your permit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's no need to wear pants for your photo on an eform 1 either.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 11:12:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Story county has an anti gun fuckhead sheriff but their online renewal was super easy.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 12:41:46 PM EDT
[#9]
In person renewals only in Linn.

You all had my hopes up.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top