Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2023 4:29:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kent]
Looking at different high speed internet providers in St George area.  Seems to come down to either TDS or CenturyLink.

I'm needing something high bandwidth so I'm looking at their top-end 1G fiber packages.

Anyone have good/bad recommendations on either TDS or CenturyLink?  My few interactions with CenturyLink have NOT been at all positive, but I hadn't even heard of TDS before now.

Thanks!

EDIT TO ADD:  I just need internet service -- not at all interested in phone/tv since we cut the cords some years back.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Hit up Aimless. He moved there recently. Up here in SLC, it's a choice between Comcast and Centurylink.

But Google Fiber is coming on strong.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I have Century Link.  Have been with them for 2 years.   Have not really had any problems.  Once in awhile around Christmas it will get a bogged down.  But for the most part it works for me.  I work from home part of the time.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 11:11:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the slower speed TDS internet and have been happy with it. Can't say on the higher speed package.

I started with Baja Broadband but TDS bought them out and took over my account.

A few guys I know that wanted faster internet went with Starlink and have been impressed.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 12:11:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Had TDS which was reliable but overpriced. Switched to quantum fiber (owned by century link) reciprocal gig and it’s been excellent for $65/month
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 3:18:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks all -- some very good feedback here and I am quite appreciative!

I hadn't heard of Quantum Fiber -- I'll have to check them out.  From their website, looks to be about the same price as TDS (70/month for 1g service)
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I live in St George and have used GoFiber from InfoWest for three years. It is excellent.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 2:29:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kent] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Freeway:
I live in St George and have used GoFiber from InfoWest for three years. It is excellent.
View Quote

Thanks for that info.   I just checked with them and unfortunately they don't have fiber to my neighborhood.  Not too surprising since it's a brand new development, so perhaps I'll check back with them in a few years.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:09:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top