Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/7/2018 9:14:59 PM EDT
12-26-18

Glock 22 police trade in with free box of Winchester 180gr fmj ammo.

Gen 2 $239
Gen 3 $269
Gen 4 $289

11-27-18
G17 4th gen 424
G19 5th gen 499
G22 4th gen 309
G22 rtf 339

2340 40cal  309 & 229 both wv2 mags

No used 870 on display. Waiting to ask if they have any in back

11-26-18
Olympic arms ARs $399-424
Two of the 870s
$299 sig 226 40cal Dak
$309 sig 226 40cal da\sa
$369 G17\G26 3rd gens
$249 G22 2nd gen
$279 G22 3rd gen
Kel-Tec 32, think it was 124.

still various M&Ps in the case but there were a couple guys buying guns so I don't want to get too close.

11-13-18

18" & 20" 870 $209.  Most were synthetic stock, one was wood. they had 5 or 6 on display, that's all I could tell one was noticeably shorter but they possibly have more 18 inch versions in back.

nothing spectacular into handgun case, several different Smith & Wesson m&p. Some older, some V 2.0.

wayless Glocks in the Glock used case than usual. I guess they really cleaned out a bunch of them recently. They did have a generation 5 model 19 in the used case for 499.

October 19-20 update for Glocktoberfest.

Police trade-in ammo pretty cheap, Blazer 40 was 7.50 a box.

ammo was 10% off, used guns are 10% off. Nothing really spectacular when I was there at 9 a.m. They did have some of the long guns mark down further as they have been collecting dust. They had a 12 gauge long barrel 1100 mark down to 249.  With 10% off and tax You would be a little under that. Might be fun to put a full size extension on or to cut the barrel down. I'm pretty tapped out so I didn't spend a dime.

S&W 10-10 4" blue with rust $189.  It had the Uncle Mike's grips and the angled cylinder release. if I had money to burn, it would be good to clean up and have the whole thing hard chromed.  They also had a 4in 10-8 for 249 and a few Model 64s at 289. Also some Taurus 82 for 179.

Also a 19x in the used case, think it was $569?

I overslept so I don't know if they had any really hot deals at 8:30 am or not. They were definitely packed with people.

I do not work there nor do I get any Kickbacks. I'm just passing on some interesting looking deals. if you're looking for something in particular, let me know and I'll stop by usually on Fridays and look around.

My fun funds are limited but I'll add anything here that looks interesting.  I'll post new stuff at the top of the post.

9-21

G19 2nd gen, aftermarket sights $409 (or $419, I was half asleep LOL)

Sig 226R 40s&w 3 mags $299 - tag covered the gun but I assume they are DAK since they had a bunch in the past.

Ruger Security Six 6" blue $399

Sig 239 40s&w 7 mags plus crimson trace laser $549

Springfield Armory range operator 9mm $859

G22 2nd gen $249 (more than one)
G22 3rd gen $279 (more than one)
G35 with a big bag funnel $369 (I only noticed because it sticks out like a sore thumb among all the others)

Bushmaster ar15 16" $499 (multiple configurations. One of them had the Texas Star engraved on the side so I think that was a DPS version they sold a year or so ago. It had Magpul furniture on it.  Another AR still had a Surefire forend, I do not remember if that was a Bushmaster or a cult but I believe it was also $499. They had several of those recently.

it's harder to get good pictures since the long guns are now locked together with a bike lock. I'm sure there's a good story behind that, plus the fact that they walk you to the door when you buy a gun now.

None left in the case....

Probably at Austin too.  Three mags included.  Left side satety decocker, cocked and locked capable (I don't remember all the V#s).

Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:57:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Are those police trade in?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 10:30:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Not a bad price. I would think about it if I didn’t already have one.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are those police trade in?
View Quote
I'm sure they are, but I didn't ask where they came from.

I forgot how beefy they feel in the hand LOL
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#4]
They are PD trad-ins from Hollywood, FL.  They are mostly V1; left side of the frame, safety and decocker, so its set up for righties.  One of them, a much older model, is a V1 but it has an extended safety axle, which means if you order the right side paddle ($25), it will be an ambi-safety version.  They are in excellent shape internally, but externally there are some finish issues, which is to be expected.  The slide mags need a bead blasting and refinish.  Most of the newer guns have night sights that still glow quite well (mepro).

I have purchased two of them.  I scored a nice v1 and an nicer v2 (lefty model).  The v1 is going to get cerkoted by Infinty Finishes in Ft Worth, though I am not sure what scheme as there are lots of choices.  Thinking about a random light and dark tan, and light and dark green.  It will be my field gun and shoot .45Super.  I'm OK with the looks on the v2, so it's going to be my "Yo' Homie".

I will be adding the light trigger return spring, nickel match flat spring, and 12lb hammer spring which will bring the DA down to a smooth 7.5# and set the SA around 4.5-4.75#.  $30 in parts there.  I'll also add a new recoil spring at $13, because why not be sure.  I am left handed so both will get ambi-safeties.  Speaking of ambi-safeties, and safeties as whole, you can use the safeties from the USP Compact line for a low profile option.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#5]
F. Already going down there Monday to pick up a transfer. Good chance I'm going to be out some more $$.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 3:17:15 AM EDT
[#6]
great price
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 5:56:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Just checked their site, nothing.  Must be in store only.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 6:07:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just checked their site, nothing.  Must be in store only.
View Quote
Very rare to have used guns online.  They do have auctions on one of the auction sites with one off deals and broken stuff.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 8:49:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Might be sold out.

They were available online for shipping to Ffl this past weekend.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Very rare to have used guns online.  They do have auctions on one of the auction sites with one off deals and broken stuff.
View Quote
GT list their used guns that they get in large batches all the time.  Not just their auctions.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#11]
They had 6 at Dallas on Monday and some up for auction. One of the 6 is in my safe now.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They had 6 at Dallas on Monday and some up for auction. One of the 6 is in my safe now.
View Quote
Just because they have six in the case does not mean that's all they had

They still had several this morning including one priced at $399 but the tag said two magazines and one holster. I did not ask what kind of holster it was however.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
GT list their used guns that they get in large batches all the time.  Not just their auctions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've rarely seen them.  I think I remember seeing Glock 22 and Glock 37 listed because they had so many they probably could have built a house out of them
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 10:40:46 AM EDT
[#14]
The sales guy said he had five or six people asking about them after seeing a post online.

Somebody needs to go ahead and buy that 6 inch Ruger Security Six. It's driving me crazy LOL
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The sales guy said he had five or six people asking about them after seeing a post online.

Somebody needs to go ahead and buy that 6 inch Ruger Security Six. It's driving me crazy LOL
View Quote
If i still lived up there,i would have  jumped on it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 11:16:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If i still lived up there,i would have  jumped on it.
View Quote
They'll ship LOL
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They still had several this morning including one priced at $399 but the tag said two magazines and one holster. I did not ask what kind of holster it was however.
View Quote
I think that’s a 40
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 3:49:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
do they have any 3rd gen Smiths? 39xx?
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 4:23:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They'll ship LOL
View Quote
Hell,i bet i could call up there and ask for Randy,and he
would cut me a price on it.Bought close to ten guns,mostly from him,while i lived in Garland.
Good guy,looks like Harry Potter.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
would cut me a price on it.Bought close to ten guns,mostly from him,while i lived in Garland.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They'll ship LOL
I've got quite a few guns from him. I don't see him early mornings that much anymore, he must work the afternoon closing shifts.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I've rarely seen them.  I think I remember seeing Glock 22 and Glock 37 listed because they had so many they probably could have built a house out of them
View Quote
They have Sig 226 in 40SW with and with out rails on their website with some different glocks today.  I think they said the used guns listed on their website are located in Austin.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 5:47:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I think that’s a 40
View Quote
I just figured it was a 45 since $399 is higher than what they were selling 40 USPs for recently.    I'll double check next time.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 5:48:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not often at all.  the last one they had was a 469 second generation that sat for a month or so before somebody got it.

I haven't seen too many 3rd Generation Smith's since the wave of Puerto Rican guns came in a few years ago.  Even that had very few 39 series
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They have Sig 226 in 40SW with and with out rails on their website with some different glocks today.  I think they said the used guns listed on their website are located in Austin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the sigs are the same way, they have so many they can put them on the website knowing they were probably never run out LOL

I decided to go through their auction listings, holy crap they have over 200 auctions right now. Some of them are for ammo and accessories, but majority are guns.

Some good, some looks scary, some look awful
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Not often at all.  the last one they had was a 469 second generation that sat for a month or so before somebody got it.

I haven't seen too many 3rd Generation Smith's since the wave of Puerto Rican guns came in a few years ago.  Even that had very few 39 series
View Quote
I know,

I did score 3 tactical models?
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 7:39:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
I got one of the remaining 5.

The “AK” one.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 7:40:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was the USP 40.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Guy with ticket before me was handling it lol.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 2:17:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Probably at Austin too.  Three mags included.  Left side satety decocker, cocked and locked capable (I don't remember all the V#s).

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433565/IMG_20180907_095912770-664751.jpg
View Quote
Nice
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 11:32:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Bump with new goodies.  I used self control so you don't have to
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Ive been interested in the 226 .40 they have those at the Dallas location?
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
The location he visited is the Dallas location
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm about seven miles from the Dallas store (username is my zip code) so that's all I can post about.

Used, likely DAK trigger.  I think both were railed versions.  I'm not even close to being a sig expert so if it's going to be some sort of drive, you might want to consider calling and speaking to someone at the use gun counter to make sure what they have. They also likely have more in the back if you're looking for something in particular.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah

I had my reply window open too long and didn't see your post LOL
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 11:02:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yeah

I had my reply window open too long and didn't see your post LOL
View Quote
I went and bought one. They had railed and non railed. I bought railed for 299 cant beat a sig at that price cheapest price anywhere. Night sights work great overall just a little dirty doubt it’s been shot much.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#36]
OP updated for Glocktoberfest.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 11:42:35 PM EDT
[#37]
There’s a nice CZ P-09 in the used gun case for $379, and the ten percent discount makes it an even better deal.

I picked up a TLR-1 HL, a CMMG AR LPK and a magpul MIAD grip today.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#38]
There was a LNIB P229 DAK in 9mm for $429 before 10% discount in the case today. Originally sold by DSG arms, $918 retail on the DSG sticker.
It's no longer there
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#39]
I'll go in Monday and see what survived, I don't go to their sales anymore, It's like a bunch of old women fighting over clearance bras in WalMart.  Sometimes they draw blood.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#40]
That 229 basically looks like it’s been test fired and nothing else. I guess people just don’t like the DAK trigger?
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 11:50:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Got the only G19c in the used case,Thanks to the guy that handed me his #58 ticket I was in for a long wait at #82 !
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 8:15:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That 229 basically looks like it’s been test fired and nothing else. I guess people just don’t like the DAK trigger?
View Quote
Many times a dept. changes their handguns and have a bunch that have never been issued.  A friend of mine had a large distributorship of guns in California. Departments would order new handguns and he would take the 'old' handguns back in trade. When the 40 SW came out and a lot of depts. jumped jumped on the band wagon he took a lot of 9mm and 45 ACP pistols in trade.

Some never issued, some with just holster wear. You could get some real good buys on handguns especially if you did not mind holster wear. He gave me a couple of Sig pistols that had a lot of holster wear, when I took them apart to clean them they were like brand new inside, maybe they had fired 500 rds.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 9:34:59 AM EDT
[#43]
This thing looks like it’s never been holstered. It could probably be passed off as NIB.

And the night sights are still strong.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#44]
OP update
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 8:15:27 PM EDT
[#45]
thanks for the update! i always loved going in there but now it's quite a drive for me since i moved to screwston. still i made it to glocktoberfest last month!
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
OP update
View Quote
Thanks OP.  I live in North Ft Worth and usually enjoy trips to GTs but sometimes it's a letdown considering the commute.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:00:12 PM EDT
[#47]
It's about 7 miles from my house but it's right around the corner from the Sam's Club I go to so always make sure to go to Sam's when GT is open.

if you guys are looking for anything in particular used let me know, and I'll keep my eyes peeled for it
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:13:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Thanks

I grabbed a Sig P220 trade-in (lots of slide wear, dim night sights, West German gun from the early 2000s) a couple weeks ago. Shoots great and although there's lots of wear the slide rails were damned near perfect, this thing has barely been shot. $489 but well worth it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:06:08 PM EDT
[#49]
any p226 .40 police trade ins?
also I go to Dallas quite a bit, where is this GT located?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:31:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Thanks

I grabbed a Sig P220 trade-in (lots of slide wear, dim night sights, West German gun from the early 2000s) a couple weeks ago. Shoots great and although there's lots of wear the slide rails were damned near perfect, this thing has barely been shot. $489 but well worth it.
View Quote
If you P220 was West German then is would be an '80's gun. I got a police trade in back in 2001, a lot of holster wear buy had barely been shot. It was marked West German.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top