Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2021 8:29:02 PM EDT
(2)  A personal firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in Idaho and that remains within the borders of Idaho is not subject to federal law or federal regulation, including registration, under the authority of congress to regulate interstate commerce. It is declared by the legislature that those items have not traveled in interstate commerce. This section applies to a firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition that is manufactured in Idaho from basic materials and that can be manufactured without the inclusion of any significant parts imported from another state.
View Quote

Link

Does this apply to full-auto firearms?

Will the law stick in all circumstances?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:43:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Give it a go and report back on your findings. I fear the Feds have already made it clear on this type of thing and it's not positive.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe myob is the focus for this one.  Those who abide by it do so without posting or making fanfare.  More than one homemade suppressor has been put to use after this went into law.  
As for full-auto.  Well, no one wants to be the first one through the door.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
(2)  A personal firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in Idaho and that.....
View Quote

Link

View Quote

No full auto - Subsection 4 (d) regarding what it doesn't apply to....

"(d)  A firearm that discharges two (2) or more rounds of ammunition with one (1) activation of the trigger or other firing device."

Also doesn't apply to anything one person can't carry alone, exploding ammo etc...

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:31:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Give it a go and report back on your findings. I fear the Feds have already made it clear on this type of thing and it's not positive.
View Quote

Kansas has a similar law and these two guys were convicted.  And they lost their appeal.
Ruling: Kansas gun law no defense to federal firearm charges
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:14:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Kansas has a similar law and these two guys were convicted.  And they lost their appeal.
Ruling: Kansas gun law no defense to federal firearm charges
View Quote

As mentioned above it becomes a case of discretion is your friend. Didn't Montana and the Feds fight on this pretty early after they passed something similar?
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 12:58:13 AM EDT
[#6]
It's the same as the legal marijuana in states.  The feds can bust you if they want.  Our law enforcement and DAs are not supposed to.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:42:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Some day a state will actually take a serious shot at nullification and deny federal law enforcement within the state. Then shit will get interesting.
View Quote

Hasn't that already been done in California to ICE?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:46:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As mentioned above it becomes a case of discretion is your friend. Didn't Montana and the Feds fight on this pretty early after they passed something similar?
View Quote

Yes, and Montana lost at SCOTUS a decade ago. Kansas lost at SCOTUS too.

If you rely on this law, maybe you can use it to wipe your ass in prison. It’s a lazy way for politicians to say they did something for gun owners when they really did nothing.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:39:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If you rely on this law, maybe you can use it to wipe your ass in prison. It's a lazy way for politicians to say they did something for gun owners when they really did nothing.
View Quote
IMHO, you cannot rely on the concept of law any more...period.
Our judicial system is utterly FUBAR'd beyond the point of no return and the courts are completely useless and believing otherwise is obsolete thinking at this point.
All we really have to rely on is the human terrain and the political terrain within which we live and whether or not that works for us or against us.
Hence why I moved to Idaho.
As a Christian Conservative church-going person, I know that the human and political terrain in Washington State is working against me and all that I believe and hold dear.
As long as I stay there, I am nothing but a hated tax-cow for the Leftist radicals. They want to tax me to death to support their leftist agenda, but they hate my guts and want to persecute me and my family and brow-beat us into utter submission.
Life is simply too short and precious to continue  living in such a place.
So that is why I am here...not to speculate on the housing market, but to simply live in a free state.
If I am going to continue to pay my taxes, tithe to my local church, contribute to my local food bank, and contribute to my community, then I will do so within a community with some semblance of decency and traditional values and recognizes the rights of free and sovereign people and the freedom to worship my Creator and my Lord and Savior.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 10:25:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Amen ARctangent. It’s hard to believe how bad WA is these days. I feel a sigh of relief every time I hit the border.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 11:31:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If you rely on this law, maybe you can use it to wipe your ass in prison. It’s a lazy way for politicians to say they did something for gun owners when they really did nothing.
View Quote

Well they did it with the marijuana laws and the feds finally backed off. Maybe if a majority of states do this the feds will do the same.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 11:35:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
(2)  A personal firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in Idaho and that remains within the borders of Idaho is not subject to federal law or federal regulation, including registration, under the authority of congress to regulate interstate commerce. It is declared by the legislature that those items have not traveled in interstate commerce. This section applies to a firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition that is manufactured in Idaho from basic materials and that can be manufactured without the inclusion of any significant parts imported from another state.
View Quote

Link

View Quote

Wouldn't that be pretty hard to do? Build a homemade suppressor out of what? A mag light tube from where ever they're made, or chinese tail pipe tubing.
80% lower is imported,then your barrel, upper, bolt and carrier... All most likely from somewhere else.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#15]
The US Federal Government only requires 50% of any product be manufactured domestically to qualify as a "Made in USA" product.
If the Feds can enact such a regulation, then I don't see why Idahoans can't.
Fair is fair.
Either a law applies fairly and equally to everyone or it isn't a law IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 1:21:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The US Federal Government only requires 50% of any product be manufactured domestically to qualify as a "Made in USA" product.
Fair is fair.
View Quote

That's a fine thought, just don't expect the government to actually act fairly or play by the rules.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's a fine thought, just don't expect the government to actually act fairly or play by the rules.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fair is fair.

Lol...no, I dont.
The Constitution and Bill of Rights, the rule of law, the Judiciary, rules of common decency and morality, it's all gone at this point.
The United States as a nation/republic officially failed on November 3rd, 2020.
It's only a matter of time before everything descends into hell and chaos at this point.
Honestly...I am just a harmless nobody.
They've got far bigger things to worry about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top