Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2021 11:14:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 11:53:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I vote central South Dakota. We could pull guys from MT, ND, WY, CO, & KS.  Also if we have any Illinois guys that could make it they may be able to help with transporting the inflatables.

Maybe somewhere in this area.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/YFAe7apW9dkmHwA6A
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I vote central South Dakota. We could pull guys from MT, ND, WY, CO, & KS.  Also if we have any Illinois guys that could make it they may be able to help with transporting the inflatables.

Maybe somewhere in this area.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/YFAe7apW9dkmHwA6A
View Quote

That's 800 miles from here, pretty easy one day drive and I could haul some boats if someone could get them this far.

I couldn't lock it in at this point but if this ends up having legs, ping me and I'll see if I can carve a few days out of my schedule.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Also responding here for visibility,

We could potentially have it in in Southeast Kansas as well near Independence.

We have a lot over overlap in the area between OK, KS, MO, and CO.

Link Posted: 6/25/2021 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Also responding here for visibility,

We could potentially have it in in Southeast Kansas as well near Independence.

We have a lot over overlap in the area between OK, KS, MO, and CO.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/219476/elkcity-1990171.png
View Quote

The first goal is to get the required 12 guys so let's see which areas we can pull numbers from.

Next: we need a head count. Who's in if we can find a location within "x" hour drive?

Do you have a qualified non arf Battle buddy that will attend? Add them to your "IN".

The spot below is outside of rapid city south dakota and seems pretty centrally located to the guys in the rockies and the flatlanders;
Attachment Attached File

Pactola Reservoir Campground
(605) 574-4402
https://maps.app.goo.gl/AroBp18THBRo7q7BA

As the crow flies, this location would be 280 miles from billings, 480 miles from Salt Lake, 320 from Denver, 540 from wichita.

Who's in?

Link Posted: 6/25/2021 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The first goal is to get the required 12 guys so let's see which areas we can pull numbers from.

Next: we need a head count. Who's in if we can find a location within "x" hour drive?

Do you have a qualified non arf Battle buddy that will attend? Add them to your "IN".

The spot below is outside of rapid city south dakota and seems pretty centrally located to the guys in the rockies and the flatlanders;
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/522559/Screenshot_20210625-114229_Maps_jpg-1990829.JPG
Pactola Reservoir Campground
(605) 574-4402
https://maps.app.goo.gl/AroBp18THBRo7q7BA

As the crow flies, this location would be 280 miles from billings, 480 miles from Salt Lake, 320 from Denver, 540 from wichita.

Who's in?

View Quote

Sounds good.  I'm working on getting a headcount for who may be interested in CO, MO, OK and KS.

We'll see what kind of counts we get and go from there.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Any other interested parties?
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 10:11:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am almost dead sure we can have a minimum of 7 people if we have it in KS.

Likely quite a few more than that but I've reached out to CO and MO to see what kind of interest we can get.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 12:31:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Pactola is where I went fishing on my way to/from Warfighter Challenge last year.  Caught loads of trout.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 10:40:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Something like this could be cool out here in SoCal, but we can't even get 12 for a hike.  I wonder if doing something jointly with the Nevada/Eastern Cali (Sierra Nevada) and the Arizona battle buddy groups could produce the necessary numbers.  Maybe do a compromise location, like Havasu or somewhere on the Colorado River.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 11:30:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Likely quite a few more than that but I've reached out to CO and MO to see what kind of interest we can get.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m adding a job to my job so can do a day long thing but something a day’s drive away  means 3 days and is more time than I have.

Definitely hold it wherever the biggest numbers will commit.  If it’s close enough to me to make I’ll be there.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#11]
@Ben

I can get 12 people (more, most likely; our group--not APC affiliated, but which has some APC members, myself included--consistently averages 20-30 people per training exercise) quite easily, but they will not have had the prerequisites. That said, they would all be in good shape, and would know how to act.

I am in central VA, around Bedford. There are plenty of lakes around us, including Smith Mountain Lake. We could assist in coordinating the event. Let me know ASAP if you think this could work.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 10:07:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We can overcome the lack of prerequisites with a little sweat and about two extra hours day of. This event won't go next weekend due to us being unable to coordinate the logistics in time, but we could make it happen in August or September.  

There has been talk of running schedulable mobile training teams with Marine and Ranger instructors for outside organizations, and charging a nominal fee (~20 to 50 dollars for non-APC folks for the day, vs the 1k dollars other places train for this exact boat and waterborne operations training) to cover the cost of moving the boats, permitting sites, etc, and covering consumable equipment.

If you're interested, let me know what weekends work for you between now and end of September.  We have one boat out in the midwest currently, so only two are available here in the mid Atlantic. That makes our ideal class size 12 to 24 students, plus 3 instructors and at least one doc.
View Quote

Excellent. We can cover whatever costs are needed. I'll be in touch sometime early this week to coordinate with you. Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top