Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 7/26/2020 5:38:24 PM EDT
I do not know if this has been raised in the past but I was not able to find anything when searching.

Is anyone interested in organizing some local/regional hikes with fellow arfcommers? I have been trying to get into better physical shape this year so I have taken up rucking in a local park to build endurance. I was excited to follow the concept of the Virginia Battle Buddies morph into the American Pioneer Corps (Thread for those who are unaware) and I think it is a model worth adopting. My take on it is that you network locally with fellow freedom loving Americans in an apolitical organization while building physical fitness via hiking/rucking. There is certainly the opportunity to LARP/open carry depending on where you hike and also the potential to expand the role of the group into civic services like trail maintenance and wilderness search and rescue.

American Pioneer Corps Mission Statement (from their website)
The mission of the American Pioneer Corps is to train and develop leaders who can efficiently evaluate a situation, make decisions, communicate with others, and take decisive action in chaotic environments, and to build capable community based organizations willing, ready, and able to provide wildland fire fighting, search and rescue, and other emergency assistance.
View Quote

With COVID closing down in-person activities, I am guessing that most of us could use an opportunity to get together and interact with people and exercise. Is an APC chapter appealing to anyone else?

ETA: Per suggestion here is a list of interested Arfcommers by region that I will try to keep up to date.

KCMO

Bigbryce31186
Domnior - Provisional
Shootindave
CPTCARL

STL

Tree-hugger - Provisional
Thermos449
connor327
JestersHK

SWMO

Flak-Magnet - Provisional
Mattgunguy
HEIT_APDST
Ascalon

NEMO

Dab2

Central MO

shelbysguns - Provisional
woodxdm - Provisional

Unknown

Jbowles
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not able to do it, but I like the idea. I hope you can put something together.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:00:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm game for it.

Was down with the rona for almost two months. Now with a bullet hole in the knee for the last month. I'm going stir crazy to get out & hike  & be around folks again.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 6:40:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I am down. I just got a new jungle hammock too...... need to enter the woods.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in. Still not able to carry a full pack however.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:20:39 PM EDT
[#6]
What area / location are we thinking? I am in the KCMO area, but can travel for sure. In fact, I need to take PTO at work....... it is piling up and I can only roll over so much each year.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Im excited to see that we have some interest! I think this may motivate me to try to get back out on another practice ruck tonight (after a 2 week hiatus).
Quoted:
I'm game for it.

Was down with the rona for almost two months. Now with a bullet hole in the knee for the last month. I'm going stir crazy to get out & hike  & be around folks again.
View Quote

That sounds like a lot of pain over the last couple of months!

Quoted:
What area / location are we thinking? I am in the KCMO area, but can travel for sure. In fact, I need to take PTO at work....... it is piling up and I can only roll over so much each year.
View Quote

That is a good question. If this becomes a regular occurrence then a location centrally located could be nice or maybe smaller local meetups with a larger statewide one. I am open to ideas and travel as best I can.

Where is everyone located at? I am in SWMO/ Springfield area.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 1:28:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I am in NE Missouri so the Mark Twain Lake area has trails...but...they are run by the Corp of Engineers which aren't lined up with CCW yet. Depends on what happens with the CCW petition the Corp put out to see what the public wants.
That petition at one time was found on GOA's (Gun Owner's of America) website. But the window for signing the petition may be over.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in KCMO, if anyone wants to meet up local. I'd maybe be in for a central, group state meet up as well. Maybe we could get a 2 day hike going somewhere.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 9:51:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im excited to see that we have some interest! I think this may motivate me to try to get back out on another practice ruck tonight (after a 2 week hiatus).

That sounds like a lot of pain over the last couple of months!

That is a good question. If this becomes a regular occurrence then a location centrally located could be nice or maybe smaller local meetups with a larger statewide one. I am open to ideas and travel as best I can.

Where is everyone located at? I am in SWMO/ Springfield area.
View Quote

Yeah it's been a real peach. That's for sure.

I'm in Springfield.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 8:52:20 AM EDT
[#11]
The hikes are one of my fitness goals this fall, so I game for whatever.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 11:48:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I think the easiest thing is try to get several smaller regional groups going. Then we could plan a central meetup where maybe we do a multi-day hike like Bryce suggested or combine a hike with a training of some kind. It is going to be a tough sell to get people to drive two hours for a 3 mile hike, and going longer like 6 miles with any sort of a load would be very hard without working up to it.

I started with a cheap day pack and 25lbs for 3ish miles. Then I upped it to 50lbs - I think I made it .4 miles with that load in a pack with no support. Then I went to my old Gregory pack with 30lbs. Then I bought a used Granite Gear Chief Patrol pack (rated to carry 100lbs) and am carrying 50lbs dry/57lbs wet (no long arm or armor). Ive made two 6 mi treks with that load (over easy terrain) and blistered each time. I went the other night and made 4 miles, but the blisters from two weeks ago were back in force by mile 3. Long story short, getting the gear sorted out takes time and practice.

From what I can tell we have 2 in SWMO area and 2 in KCMO, 1 in the NE and two unknowns who are interested. So just with those identified we have 3 potential regions to start in. @JBowles and @woodxdm I am not sure where you guys are located.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 3:43:38 AM EDT
[#13]
We (the wife & I) use whatever the current usmc issued stuff. I carry the main pack & she's got the smaller (assault  sized) pack. Kids got various different surplus packs. These were set up more as bug out bags when we were actually managing to get out and walk. We re e doing like 2 to 4 miles a few times a week. All easy terrain though. Kids had maybe 20 pound packs. Wife's was about 40 pounds I think. Mine varies from 75 too 100 pounds. Depending on if there were a couple .30cal can thrown in.

Didnt work out all that well. Bitchy kids & a bitchy exwife took the enjoyment out of it. Would really like to get back at it again though. The kids are damn near grown now & can do their own thing. Generally no fucks given what the ex thinks anymore either.

Mark Twain ain't that far away for some good varied terrain.  Theres also the trails out at the conservation ranges . Pleasant Hope  & Busiek come to mind. I tend to loath Busiek. Never been on the trails there though.

I'm hoping my doctor clears my knee Monday and I can get back to life. Fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 1:18:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I was consistently doing 5 milers with a cheap Under Armor pack and about 25-30 pounds, before my back injury. My employees chipped in and bought me a nice Badlands pack for Christmas a couple years ago. I can do that with water and maybe 10 pounds or so. Internal frame packs aren't the best, but they tend to be affordable and work well enough for what we have around here. One day I will own a couple Kifaru packs. One day damn it!
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd love to get in as well. I'm in the KCMO area, I like the idea of having smaller area groups more frequently then do some central locations for more of us too. I can't think of too many places around here that would be good to go though.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#16]
There's several. We would have to do anfew loops though. Happy Rock is about 7 miles from ine end to the other, paved. Parkville Natire center, Wyandotte County lake to name a few.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 11:13:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I am thinking that we just need to get one of these scheduled as time is moving fast. I am thinking we should do a 3 mile hike for the SWMO/SGF area on either Friday evening 14th the starting around 6pm or Saturday the 15th starting around 9am.

Location is still up in the air, but I was thinking of keeping it fairly close to SGF (within an hour?). Ive been doing some scouting on AllTrails.com. A lot of the conservation areas look like they get good reviews in the spring when the grass and foliage is down and reports of overgrowth, tall grass and massed ticks in July. I hiked one trail in Busiek this May for a couple miles. It is pretty well maintained it seems, but sees a fair amount of foot traffic.

Location options:
1. (Easy) Frisco Trail - Flat former railroad, paved/gravel. Could start in Walnut Grove or Willard Trailheads. No open carry. Found that this is under SGF/Green Co parks dept ordinances and firearms are apparently prohibited (I have never seen a sign in any of them?).
2. (Moderate) Busiek - Well maintained, some elevation, heavily trafficked, firearms allowed.
3. (Hardcore) Conservation areas (Pleasant Hope/Little Sac Woods) - Probably somewhat overgrown this time of the year, lightly trafficked. Best for full VBB style larping. Pleasant Hope has a range for the after party.

For a starter trail, the Frisco doesnt sound bad to me for working out kinks and getting people out, but I am fine with any option. @Mattgunguy I think so far you are the only SGF taker so your vote on time and location is pretty heavily weighted right now.. Anyone else who wants to join feel free to chime in!
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 11:16:39 PM EDT
[#18]
KCMO Guys:
@bigbryce31186
@Domnior
@Shootindave

Anyone up there want to take the lead on scheduling a time and getting together? Im glad to help as best I can with scheduling, but it will probably be better with someone up there running with it. I did a little location scouting for you if you need it.

Location Options:
1: (Easy) Happy Rock Trail - Paved, In-town. Presumably not firearm/open carry friendly.
2. (Moderate) Stocksdale Park - Heavily Trafficked, close to KC
3. (Hardcore) Knob Noster State Park - Lightly Trafficked. 1.2 hrs from downtown KC. Presumably open carry friendly.

My goal is to have at least one or two statewide events in before November. We will see how the impending birth of my second born in the next month changes those plans .
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 12:24:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
KCMO Guys:
@bigbryce31186
@Domnior
@Shootindave

Anyone up there want to take the lead on scheduling a time and getting together? Im glad to help as best I can with scheduling, but it will probably be better with someone up there running with it. I did a little location scouting for you if you need it.

Location Options:
1: (Easy) Happy Rock Trail - Paved, In-town. Presumably not firearm/open carry friendly.
3. (Hardcore) Knob Noster State Park - Lightly Trafficked. 1.2 hrs from downtown KC. Presumably open carry friendly.

My goal is to have at least one or two statewide events in before November. We will see how the impending birth of my second born in the next month changes those plans .
View Quote

Double tap. See post below.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 12:28:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
KCMO Guys:
@bigbryce31186
@Domnior
@Shootindave

Location Options:

View Quote

I can take the lead in KC if that's cool. My only hold up are my days off. I work nights and weekends and have Momday amd Tuesdays off. I'm at work right now, but will post some good hiking spots we can choose from.

Happy Rock is no open carry, it actually goes behind Maple Woods Community College. I do know people who conceal carry there however. Parkville Nature Sanctuary is behind Park University and is no firearms as well. There is a trail that connects the river to English Landing park that is about 6 miles round trip. I'll link that one when I can. Haven't been there yet however.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 12:44:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I can take the lead in KC if that's cool. My only hold up are my days off. I work nights and weekends and have Momday amd Tuesdays off. I'm at work right now, but will post some good hiking spots we can choose from.

Happy Rock is no open carry, it actually goes behind Maple Woods Community College. I do know people who conceal carry there however. Parkville Nature Sanctuary is behind Park University and is no firearms as well. There is a trail that connects the river to English Landing park that is about 6 miles round trip. I'll link that one when I can. Haven't been there yet however.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
KCMO Guys:
@bigbryce31186
@Domnior
@Shootindave

Location Options:

Are you familiar with the huge networks of trails they just finished in the last few years? You can go from the Missouri River near Riverside all the way to Smithville I believe.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Are you familiar with the huge networks of trails they just finished in the last few years? You can go from the Missouri River near Riverside all the way to Smithville I believe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
KCMO Guys:
@bigbryce31186
@Domnior
@Shootindave

Location Options:

I know what you're talking about, I haven't been though. Is that Line Creek Trail? Shoal Creek trail will eventually be that way as well from what I understand. It will connect to the Happy Rock trail somehow.
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 3:24:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Line Creek Trail

Missouri Riverfront Trail

Parkville Nature Sanctuary

Hodge Park Trail

Happy Rock This is the best map I could find. It's actual an MDC park and a Gladstone park combined. The purple is MDC, then connects to Gladstone. I think this will eventually connect to Hodge Park and down to Vivion Road.

Wyandotte County Park KS side.

ETA. I'm going to cross post in the KS HTF (mostly so we can make fun of them if they show up )
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 10:08:40 AM EDT
[#24]
I would be down.  I’m in the St. Louis area.  I do a lot of hiking in the southeast region of the state Bell mountain taum Sauk area
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#25]
St. Louis area here as well.
Just about to become an empty nester, so I’ll have more time available.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I am thinking that we just need to get one of these scheduled as time is moving fast. I am thinking we should do a 3 mile hike for the SWMO/SGF area on either Friday evening 14th the starting around 6pm or Saturday the 15th starting around 9am.
View Quote

I had something get moved on me so now Friday is not an option for me. So I am calling it for Saturday the 15th at 9am.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
KCMO Guys:
@bigbryce31186
@Domnior
@Shootindave

Location Options:

Sorry boys, I didn't get the notification for some reason. My schedule is kind of shit but every other weekend works best for me. The 22nd and 23rd then every other weekend after that. If we want to shoot for a week night I'll do my best to make it but it will just depend on what day.

I would love to get in some kind of regular rhythm but step one is always the hardest

I'm down for anywhere in the greater KC area.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Definitely in on this.  I'm in the STL Metro.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Here is a summary update of where we are so far:

SWMO:
 Interested:
Flak-Magnet
       @Mattgunguy
       (1 possible non-arfcommer)
 I am going to be hiking Busik Saturday the 15th around 9am. So far it looks like just me this time.

KCMO:
 Interested:
Bigbryce31186
Domnior
       Shootindave
 bigbryce is taking the lead on organizing date and location for a local.

STL:
 Interested:
Tree-hugger
       Thermos449
 Anyone want to take the lead to pick a date for STL?

NEMO:
 Interested:
   Dab2

Unknown Location but interested:
 JBowles
 woodxdm

General question for all locations, for local hikes, do weeknights work better or weekends? What about a hike involving travel/camping?
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm still up for it. Still not cleared by the doctor yet.

Blasted knee is infected again.  The moral of the story is, dont put a bullet through your knee. Itll fuck you up.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 9:36:52 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm down as well, but probably not until Oct/Nov.    Think you can guess where I'm at.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 11:03:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for trying to spearhead this, Flak. Generally, weekends are going to be best for me but I can squeeze in some weeknights here and there.

Any larger, statewide meetups will be much easier to accommodate on weekends as well, though I suppose I could take a vacation day if needed. I'm not opposed to a multi-day run either, though I suspect that will be harder for some.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 12:27:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Thanks for trying to spearhead this, Flak. Generally, weekends are going to be best for me but I can squeeze in some weeknights here and there.

Any larger, statewide meetups will be much easier to accommodate on weekends as well, though I suppose I could take a vacation day if needed. I'm not opposed to a multi-day run either, though I suspect that will be harder for some.
View Quote

@Domnior what part of KC do you live and what time do you normally get off of work?
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 1:00:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

@Domnior what part of KC do you live and what time do you normally get off of work?
View Quote

I'm in Lee's Summit. I typically get off at 5 but I can usually slide out a little earlier if I need to.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Im in Jefferson City.  Work 12 hour shifts Mon-Fri and some Saturdays.  But knowing ahead of time I can get off weekends. I'm more than willing to drive to meet up and hike
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Dying to get outdoors beyond my porch.
I'd get in on a SW hike even an overnight. Anyone up for a trip to Hercules Glade in the next couple of weeks?
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Oh yeah !

Finally Empty Nester Status has been achieved !

Weekdays are really hard for me.
I’m up for daytime and overnight hikes.

Not up to speed on what public lands would work for hikes in battle rattle.
And, for that matter, I haven’t walked 100yrs with all my gear.
So I’d like to maybe get an idea of a ‘what to bring’ list if someone has experience.

Anyone on the East side interested in a quick get together for a planning session ?
( Is that even necessary? )
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 11:43:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Location options:
1. (Easy) Frisco Trail - Flat former railroad, paved/gravel. Could start in Walnut Grove or Willard Trailheads. No open carry. Found that this is under SGF/Green Co parks dept ordinances and firearms are apparently prohibited (I have never seen a sign in any of them?).
View Quote

There aren’t any signs, because they don’t have the legal authority to ban firearms outside.  There have been several places smacked down for this.  Inside buildings they can ban them.  I’ve even seen towns ban them in park bathrooms that are only one room buildings with a toilet.

Edit:  I should have said firearms carried by ccw permit holders.  That’s where a lot of the preemptions laws start.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 12:00:05 AM EDT
[#39]
A quick report/AAR from my solo hike in Busiek:

The park was much more heavily populated than I expected with roughly 40 vehicles that I saw when I arrived between the two lots. I hiked the white trail loop. The loop loosely follows a (now dry) stream around 1 mi before turning to climb over a ridge and eventually returns to the stream about 1.5 miles upstream form the trailhead. My GPS recorded my full route at 4.8 miles with 1200 ft total assent and descent. In the heat and going uphill I did not achieve the APC standard speed of 3 mph. Total average speed was 2.5 mph. By 10am it was very hot and deep in the woods oppressively still. I drank almost 3 liters on the hike  to try to stay hydrated and then when cooling down (at the range) drank another two liters.

Sustain:  
 Carrying extra water - I was carrying a 3L camelbak and two backup quarts of water for weight. APC guidelines say the pack should be 45lbs without water and I was counting those other two quarts as weight only. For a 6 mile hike, I would want to be carrying at least 4 quarts.
 Continue scheduling events for people (or just me). I have done quite a few rucks in the park carrying this same load, but it was still very taxing on harder terrain in the heat.
 Good boots and Engo blister patches. My feet had been repeatably blistering when I went above 3 miles. I researched and obtained Engo blister patches. These are slick stickers that you place in the hotspot in your boot to prevent the friction that causes blisters. I think they helped me as I did not blister at all and my feet felt fine after the hike.

Improve:
 Need to load actual hiking gear in my pack. Currently the I am carrying a 25lb bag of salt pmags for weight. In the woods I realized, I was lacking equipment that would actually be useful in the woods.
 Establish a better plan and personal gear checklist. I left both my bug spray and hiking stick at home due to poor planning.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 12:02:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'd get in on a SW hike even an overnight. Anyone up for a trip to Hercules Glade in the next couple of weeks?
View Quote

I'd be down for that. I have it on the list of places to hike, but I have never been.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#41]
My solo AAR. I got bored today and went to scout the Missouri Riverfront Trail for a future group hike. I took my 3L camel back, very small med kit, knife a couple walmart sacks for trash and some gloves.Total weight, maybe 10 pounds total. The Trail was VERY clean, I was honestly surprised. It was not what I expected however. The 1st 1 1/4 miles from the trailhead is paved through the woods and cuts through some private properties. You walk up to the top of the levee and that's the rest of the trail. Flat and pretty much boring from there. It is a good long hike, but that's it. No real view of the river ever, lots of birds and 2 deer where all the wild life I saw. Eye pro is a must if you go here. It was dry and windy. I could feel the grit on me when I got done. I always wear sunglasses so it wasn't an issue for me. I maybe ran into 10 people total. Most of them coming from the Casino side of the trail.  When I turned around to head back, I should have sat down for 5 minutes and ate something. I could tell I was slowing down on the trip back, to be expected, but a break and food would have helped a lot. I averaged 3.1 MPH. Lots of room for improvement, but a good pace for me IMO. Not firearm friendly. Posted at the trailhead, no weapons allowed

TL/DR. Went on hike. Trail was ok.

ETA: Other than my morning "yoga" routine I didn't do any stretching. My back held up really well. Started getting stiff  on the way back (again should have rested for a bit) I walked over to a fence and was able to pop it surprisingly easily! Felt great the rest of the hike.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My solo AAR.

https://i.imgur.com/6NWDc8g.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BwYYVjT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6mUPtZc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qypp4aP.jpg

ETA: Other than my morning "yoga" routine I didn't do any stretching. My back held up really well. Started getting stiff  on the way back (again should have rested for a bit) I walked over to a fence and was able to pop it surprisingly easily! Felt great the rest of the hike.
View Quote

Awesome! Good deal getting out and laying down some miles. I think this is the way to do it. Start slow with low weight and good trails then start working up.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 4:56:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My solo AAR. I got bored today and went to scout the Missouri Riverfront Trail for a future group hike. I took my 3L camel back, very small med kit, knife a couple walmart sacks for trash and some gloves.Total weight, maybe 10 pounds total. The Trail was VERY clean, I was honestly surprised. It was not what I expected however. The 1st 1 1/4 miles from the trailhead is paved through the woods and cuts through some private properties. You walk up to the top of the levee and that's the rest of the trail. Flat and pretty much boring from there. It is a good long hike, but that's it. No real view of the river ever, lots of birds and 2 deer where all the wild life I saw. Eye pro is a must if you go here. It was dry and windy. I could feel the grit on me when I got done. I always wear sunglasses so it wasn't an issue for me. I maybe ran into 10 people total. Most of them coming from the Casino side of the trail.  When I turned around to head back, I should have sat down for 5 minutes and ate something. I could tell I was slowing down on the trip back, to be expected, but a break and food would have helped a lot. I averaged 3.1 MPH. Lots of room for improvement, but a good pace for me IMO. Not firearm friendly. Posted at the trailhead, no weapons allowed

View Quote

Nice man

I need to get out to REI or somewhere to try out some hiking boots. My crappy sneakers may not cut it very long. Anyone want to get out this weekend? If not, how about on Sept 1st late afternoon/early evening? I may go poke around to see what places I can find this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 7:43:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Nice man

I need to get out to REI or somewhere to try out some hiking boots. My crappy sneakers may not cut it very long. Anyone want to get out this weekend? If not, how about on Sept 1st late afternoon/early evening? I may go poke around to see what places I can find this weekend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice man

Burr Oaks has some trails, all paved from what I remember. Not too long though, a mile and a half total I think. Blue Springs lake, Lake Jacomo, James A reed too.

I wear Salomons, but haven't been too happy with the pair I just got. I liked my first pair, just not these.  Crisipi has a set I'm looking at, but no where local has them. I like to go to REI and Scheels and try them on then find them cheaper elsewhere .

Sept. 1 works for me. I'm off that day.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 11:29:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'd be down for that. I have it on the list of places to hike, but I have never been.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@HEIT_APDST
Im already ready for another jaunt in the woods. When were you thinking (weekend/week day etc)?

@Domnior
@bigbryce31186

Are you guys planning on going September 1 still?
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 2:15:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

@HEIT_APDST
Im already ready for another jaunt in the woods. When were you thinking (weekend/week day etc)?

@Domnior
@bigbryce31186

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@HEIT_APDST

@Domnior
@bigbryce31186

I'm in if he is! @Shootindave you in?
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 2:18:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@HEIT_APDST

@Domnior
@bigbryce31186

I will be out of town that week for training. Thanks for the heads up though!
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@HEIT_APDST

@Domnior
@bigbryce31186

I'm sorry you came down with the ronas and won't be able to make the training trip
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 12:48:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'm sorry you came down with the ronas and won't be able to make the training trip
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@HEIT_APDST

@Domnior
@bigbryce31186

Unfortunately we have plenty of test kits and lab results come back in about 12 hours. No free vacations and they will ram one up your nose if you cough funny by the water cooler. 2020 will go down as the most useless year of our lives.
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@HEIT_APDST

@Domnior
@bigbryce31186

Yep I'm in! Got out early this morning and got a couple miles in at lake jacomo while it was cool out, felt pretty good but looking forward to building up to something tougher.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top