Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2018 5:04:38 AM EDT
So I'm going to be making a sprint from Spokane to Seattle for a concert. I wanted to know how gun unfriendly the Seattle Theatre Group is, specifically the Neptune. The show I'll be going to is nothing rowdy so I don't think they will be searching people on the way in, but you never know. Anyone know anything about this place, or the group that runs it?
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 7:55:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I'm going to be making a sprint from Spokane to Seattle for a concert. I wanted to know how gun unfriendly the Seattle Theatre Group is, specifically the Neptune. The show I'll be going to is nothing rowdy so I don't think they will be searching people on the way in, but you never know. Anyone know anything about this place, or the group that runs it?
View Quote
From the Neptune's web site:

Q: Do you have a bag policy at The Paramount, Moore and Neptune Theatres?  In order to minimize the potential for obstructing or otherwise hindering the use of spaces within our venues, Seattle Theatre Group enforces the following bag policy: A guest to a Seattle Theatre Group venue or event may enter with one bag that is no larger than 8" x 12" x 6" (this is equivalent to a letter sized piece of paper). All bags are subject to search. Along with required bag searches theatergoers may be requested to open their jackets or be subject to wanding with a metal detector prior to entering the venue. STG will not hold or be responsible for any prohibited items; guests with prohibited items may return them to their vehicles. Unattended items left outside the facility doors will be discarded to ensure patron safety.    The definition of a bag includes, but is not limited to, purses, tote bags, duffel bags, suitcases, knapsacks, backpacks, packages, cartons including wrapped presents, paper sacks, briefcases, portfolio cases, binocular cases, camera equipment cases, and any other type of device or vessel used for carrying or concealing items. Should any patron have a medical necessity for use of a bag that is outside of the previously described size and items, theater staff should be contacted in advance to make special arrangements.

Based on the above, you're likely to run into issues.  And you don't want to store a gun in your vehicle, especially in that part of town.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 10:16:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't remember being searched or wanded the last few times I was there, but from the quote above me it sounds like its a good possibility.

A bigger issue is those tiny assed chairs they have, I can hardly fit into them let alone with a glock on my hip.... but I'm 6'5" so maybe that's just my issue.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#3]
After I posted this I thought about looking for a faq and read what was posted...
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 9:26:59 PM EDT
[#4]
You can borrow my Glock knife...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top