Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2020 10:55:36 PM EDT
Hey all!-
Information here seems to be a bit old, like our Iowa page I guess; anyway, I was wondering if there are any 100 yard indoor rifle ranges in Indiana.
My bing-foo seems to be weak.
I live in north-central/north-east Iowa and have a shooting buddy in Columbus, OH.
Would be fantastic to find a place roughly in the middle to meet.
Thanks much,
Greg
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Applied Ballistics in Lafayette are good folks and they allow rifles, but they are only 25 yards.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:07:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool, thanks for the reply.
We are looking specifically for 100 yards for grouping and no wind zeroing.
Thanks again though for taking the time.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The longest INDOOR range I know of in Indiana is the 50 yard range they have at Top Guns in Terre Haute. I doubt you'd find any further but I guess there may be someone somewhere that has done a pipeline range longer, I've never heard of it if so. There are enough cornfields/pipeline cuts around here that it makes more sense to wait for a decent weather day and shoot outside then (assuming you live here and have the time).
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Kind of out of your way, but Open Range in Crestwood Ky, just NE of Louisville has an awesome 100 yard indoor range.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kind of out of your way, but Open Range in Crestwood Ky, just NE of Louisville has an awesome 100 yard indoor range.
View Quote
I have researched them and they are an option. Problem is, exactly as you say, it's kind of out of the way. But not impossible.
The K-Mart I used to work at is closing in the next week or two and I could get 100 yards inside there, but the neighbors would not be pleased.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 8:39:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Not that this helps because it's not public access, but there is a sweet, 100+ yard (can't recall how many exactly but I want to say 200 or 300) underground range at an undisclosed military site in Indiana.

Me and a buddy have talked (not seriously) about how to affordably open an indoor shooting range that has that capability but it takes a LOT to run a 100 yd indoor facility.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 8:34:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I too have wished I could open an indoor range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top