Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2021 4:52:57 AM EDT
Hired an electrician from craigslist for a small laundry list of things around the house and he did a shit job. Fucked up installing four recessed cans, cut the holes too big, didn't use the template, didn't read the installation directions for the housings, etc. Took forever to install a patio ceiling fan, was unable to install a Lutron 3-way switch which I ultimately did myself after he left. Again, didn't bother to even look at the manufacturer's installation instructions. Just pronounced the brand new switch "broken" and said I should take it back to Home Depot.

I'm handy but I don't fuck around with electrical because I hate it and would rather pay a professional.

I need:

Four replacement recessed housings installed, a switch box relocated, a chandelier replaced, and couple more new cans installed. Nothing major, nothing complicated.

I had gotten a second quote prior to this guy and he was $750 for about 4 hours worth of work. Yeah GTFO. Do electricians get paid $200/hr now?
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Helix Tech electric did great work for me. Joe (602) 931-0189

Ran 240 to my garage and ran a few 110 outlets. Clean and fast work.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 7:34:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I had gotten a second quote prior to this guy and he was $750 for about 4 hours worth of work. Yeah GTFO. Do electricians get paid $200/hr now?

What did the Craigslist guy charge you? There is so much work right now good tradesman can charge what ever the market will bear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top