Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2019 5:11:05 PM EDT
Im in Lexington with my daughter checking out UK today and tomorrow.
Wheres a good place thats not a chain to eat? Someone recomended Ramseys Diner... GTG?
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:27:47 AM EDT
[#3]
There are all sorts of good local places in Lexington.  It all depends on what type of food you want.

If you want a higher end steak and food then I recommend Malones. https://bluegrasshospitality.com/malones/  They have multiple locations and other restaurants in the same building that you can order from if you want.

A really good casual place is Drakes.  It caters to a younger crowd, has sports bar area with walls they can open during the warmer days.  https://drakescomeplay.com/lexington/
A restaurant that loves beer and a bar that loves food. Over 20 craft beers on tap, big burgers and the freshest sushi in town. Your go-to for lunch, dinner and late-night, Drake's is a free-wheeling, fun-loving kind of joint. A place to hang out and let your hair down. A place to let yourself go a little. Come play!

As already mentioned Ramsey's, Joe Bolognas, and Winchell's are all solid choices as well.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Pies and Pints downtown is good for draft beer and pizza.

Ramseys is great.

Malones/Drakes are higher price.

Saul Good is decent.

Durangos is great Mexican and cheap

Bonefish Grill is good but a little pricey.

KCR Bar and Grill is new and interesting.

Bourbon and Tolouse is good cajun and pretty cheap.

Puccini's is good

City Barbecue is good
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Texas de Brazil over off Nicholasville in that new shopping area.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#6]
@m_lowlander

How did it go?  Any questions about UK, Lexington, or Kentucky in general?
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys...appreciate all the info.
My daughter had a blast. UK is nice.
Damn pricy for out of state but nice.
Forgot how much i like that state...
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 11:40:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Pricey for in state too...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top