Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2021 8:40:00 PM EDT
My google-fu is failing me.  Do "no gun" signs carry weight of law here?  Or is it a "they ask you to leave and if you don't its trespassing" kind of situation.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:42:39 PM EDT
[#1]
You didn't see the sign.  If you are asked to leave then you must leave.  If you stay then it's criminal trespass.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You didn't see the sign.  If you are asked to leave then you must leave.  If you stay then it's criminal trespass.
View Quote

Figured as much, thanks!
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 10:14:33 PM EDT
[#3]
...if we're talking private establishments (restaurants, etc.), consider voting w/ your wallet...

...i remember it was applebees that had no-gun signs, ...don't see any of them around anymore!...
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 12:57:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#5]
If I recall correctly, places of worship are still out of bounds unless they have a written policy allowing it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If I recall correctly, places of worship are still out of bounds unless they have a written policy allowing it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Written policy isn't required.  Statute says carry is prohibited in:

Any church, synagogue, mosque, or other place of worship, unless the church, synagogue, mosque, or other place of worship posts or permits otherwise;

Basically, the pastor or church board can give verbal approval and that will fulfill this requirement, according to the cop I talked to (who goes to my church  )
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 10:37:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
...if we're talking private establishments (restaurants, etc.), consider voting w/ your wallet...

...i remember it was applebees that had no-gun signs, ...don't see any of them around anymore!...
View Quote

Definitely not because they were absolute quality
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Basically, the pastor or church board can give verbal approval and that will fulfill this requirement, according to the cop I talked to (who goes to my church  )
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any church, synagogue, mosque, or other place of worship, unless the church, synagogue, mosque, or other place of worship posts or permits otherwise;

Silence is consent in my book. If you have to draw down in church, everyone will be happy you were carrying.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top