Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2022 9:05:54 AM EDT
Closed on my house in Myrtle Beach in the Market Common. Happy to be out of New York and a resident of South Carolina. I need to bring a few of my NY compliant pews pews to a good shop and made compliant here in South Carolina. Any recommendations ?

Thanks

Fuck you New York !!

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless they require a stamp, there is no registration process here in the free part of the world.  Just bring them here and have fun.

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 12:32:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Whoa !! Im loving this freedom  !!
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats on your escape.....Unfortunately Myrtle Beach isn't going to be much different than NY, even with the freedom and gun laws SC has.

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I was just down in the Market Commons area for work. Don't get overwhelmed by freedom or you might not be a good subject to the king.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Where from? I moved from western NY in 2014 after Cuomo’s ban. Wasn’t going to pay him taxes anymore.
NY sucks. Only thing better there is the deer hunting, nothing else.

De-neuter your AR as soon as you can and give them their freedom too.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where from? I moved from western NY in 2014 after Cuomo’s ban. Wasn’t going to pay him taxes anymore.
NY sucks. Only thing better there is the deer hunting, nothing else.

De-neuter your AR as soon as you can and give them their freedom too.
View Quote

Was living in Rockland County and now Im happy not to be cutting a school tax check for $8,500 this September. My AR's is in the shop getting their first taste of freedom in years. Now what to do with that $8,500 and Fuck Cuomo that piece of shit. You haven't missed a dam thing except maybe not hearing about 20-25 people shot every night in NYC. It's a dam war zone even in the suburbs.

They can keep New York
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was just down in the Market Commons area for work. Don't get overwhelmed by freedom or you might not be a good subject to the king.
View Quote

10-4
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:40:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Good to know about gun registration!   Planning on moving to SC in a few years.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:50:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I guess I can understand wanting to get out of a place that doesn''t look like home anymore, but Myrtle Beach?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:00:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I guess I can understand wanting to get out of a place that doesn''t look like home anymore, but Myrtle Beach?
View Quote

Right

OP what made you choose Myrtle beach and not some of the lovely rural areas in the state?

For what you sold your NY home for you could’ve gotten 20+ acres in the middle of nowhere.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Right

OP what made you choose Myrtle beach and not some of the lovely rural areas in the state?

For what you sold your NY home for you could’ve gotten 20+ acres in the middle of nowhere.
View Quote

Dumb choice on my part. The wife seen the Market common and that was the only place she liked. I wanted to rent for several months and explore before settling on something.She insisted that we buy first then sell so i was kind of limited . Basically my back was against the wall with her. I think she was concerned I was going to dip. So here we are a Publix going up across the street and some gas station. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse . Well where the fuck should look I still have some room for another purchase.

Edit: Her cousins are here in longs and in the Barefoot
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:00:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Edit: Her cousins are here in longs and in the Barefoot
View Quote

That's the answer! Great area.

Longs? Not so much. Even developments can be right next to areas high in gang activity.

If you want country with convenience, The outskirts of Conway and Aynor.
If you want no one around you....Green Sea and Nichols.

Edit
If you want to be my neighbor, there is a 35 acre hayfield that is for sale with a pond and 2 barns. You can get it for the bargin of under 700K.
PS. I really need a neighbor with a gun range.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's the answer! Great area.

Longs? Not so much. Even developments can be right next to areas high in gang activity.

If you want country with convenience, The outskirts of Conway and Aynor.
If you want no one around you....Green Sea and Nichols.

Edit
If you want to be my neighbor, there is a 35 acre hayfield that is for sale with a pond and 2 barns. You can get it for the bargin of under 700K.
PS. I really need a neighbor with a gun range.
View Quote

$700,000 is out of my price range but maybe I could buy half the property. No problem but you have to promise to pickup the brass and clean the range after use.

Conway is a nice town I like the architecture.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:58:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

$700,000 is out of my price range but maybe I could buy half the property. No problem but you have to promise to pickup the brass and clean the range after use.

Conway is a nice town I like the architecture.
View Quote

I deal with the 45min drive to work in Georgetown because I don't want to live where people are right on top of each other. Are you working? What do you do? That will determine where you really should look.

Hope things work out with being able to sell the house later. Welcome to SC.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#15]
After working nearly 40 years in NYC Im retired and trying to get work at the Myrtle Beach Airport for flight benefits .

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:56:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Congrats on your retirement. You're in for a culture shock (in a good way).
I moved down here (upstate, just outside of Greenville) from Orange County about a year ago. Worked 20yrs for the City of New York and retired in 2006. I don't miss the circus, but I do miss the clowns..
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 10:50:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Congrats on your retirement. You're in for a culture shock (in a good way).
I moved down here (upstate, just outside of Greenville) from Orange County about a year ago. Worked 20yrs for the City of New York and retired in 2006. I don't miss the circus, but I do miss the clowns..
View Quote

Did you work for DEP? Oh and there are 2 upstate Greenvilles. I grew up near the other one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top