Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2020 3:52:04 PM EDT
I'm buying an RV in Missouri that does not have a current/valid plate.Can I tow it across Illinois with only a bill of sale?? without having it impounded...
Any help appreciated.

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:02:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes you should not have any issues, if you do get pulled over the Bill of sale all you need.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 5:55:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes you should not have any issues, if you do get pulled over the Bill of sale all you need.
View Quote

Great!
Thank you very much!
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 3:22:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Bill of sale and and title if buying direct with no loan. He'll you can even drive it. At least you could at one.time. Just notify insurance company to be safe. Most are.covered automatically to get them from the purchase point.

Towing I would double check it.covered.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 8:43:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Most of the DMVs are shut down due to covid  so police aren’t really dealing with plate issues right now.

Just call and get insurance first
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 11:43:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm buying an RV in Missouri that does not have a current/valid plate.Can I tow it across Illinois with only a bill of sale?? without having it impounded...
Any help appreciated.

View Quote

Curious, did you buy it from an arfcommer who had to get it off a piece of property he sold?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top