Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2020 10:21:44 PM EDT
Hey all,
We're planning a 3 mile hike at Springbrook Prarie in Naperville on Thursday 4/30 at 4:30 PM.  We'll meet at the main parking lot on PlainfieldNaperville road (west side of the street about 1/2 mile south of 75ths Street.

Anybody interested pipe up.  there's currently at least 5 of us planning on coming.  Bring weight or just come to hike.

@Slarti
@Redbirdxx +2
@bssrf4

Anyone else?

Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:48:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 12:18:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Have fun.

We won't make it up. I'm actually working a full day and my son is trying to wrap up the school year.

I would encourage anyone else that's interested in meeting up with some arfcommers to make this hike or an upcoming hike.

It's a great chance to meet some like minded people who are also good folks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#3]
See you guys tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I hope the trails are in decent shape after those rains.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:44:45 AM EDT
[#6]
They will probably be a little wet...so I would wear either 1. wool socks so if your feet get wet, you'll still be warm, or 2. waterproof boots.  We're only hiking 3 miles so it shouldn't be terrible.  These trails are where I ride all the time so I know them well.  At this point in the season, the gravel should be a sponge and perhaps the trails might even be dry is some spots.  We also have two options on directions, either North or South....we can decide when we get there.

EDIT: All crushed Limestone.... ;)
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:44:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Great hike today.  Was only a  3 mile shorty,  but we had 5 out!

Great job all.

@bssrf4
@Redbirdxx
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:40:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Weather was fantastic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top