Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2021 5:46:43 PM EDT
Would it be legal for me to go out for a walk in the swamps of Big Cypress and the Everglades with a pellet gun or 22 pistol and bag me some iguanas? I would make sure the carcasses would be used for a good cause like feeding 'gators or wild hogs.

Assume I have my hunting license.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to Keewaddin island in Naples.

Get some Tegus and other stuff too.

Shouldn't need a hunting license.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 12:30:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I would think using a pellet gun would be lawful within City limits as well no need to go to the Everglades.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 2:39:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Folks get lost in Big Cypress every year and die.

If I walk in, in the winter and sun is slightly in the south it is on the right side of my face walking in.

To come out the sun needs to be on the left side of my face.

Rocket science, right?

Link Posted: 3/28/2021 4:12:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I remember that you dont need a hunting license, but you DID need a WMA permit to hunt invasives on a management area.
I'd definitely talk to someone in the know before you find out the hard way.
Happy hunting!
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 8:25:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I did find EO 20-17, Florida executive order basically calling for reptilian death. It pretty much covers everything except what the local rules are in the locations listed. I guess the best thing to do is call the local FWC office in the area and ask for details.
Oh, are suppressors legal for hunting in Florida?
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 11:05:06 PM EDT
[#7]
My co worker hunts and eats them. Swears it taste amazing. He's supposed to bring me some to verify.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 6:25:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did find EO 20-17, Florida executive order basically calling for reptilian death. It pretty much covers everything except what the local rules are in the locations listed. I guess the best thing to do is call the local FWC office in the area and ask for details.
View Quote

suppressors are only legal for hunting on private land.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 8:50:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

DAMN!

Link Posted: 3/29/2021 8:05:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

DAMN!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DAMN!

Not entirely true- it's dependent on WMA rules whether suppressors are legal.
For example, this is the text of the Guns regs for Bull Creek; nowhere in them are suppressors mentioned:

Guns:
1. The discharge of a firearm outside of periods open to hunting or in areas closed to hunting is prohibited per s. 790.15 FS.
2. Hunting at night with a gun is prohibited.
3. Muzzleloading guns used for taking deer must be .30 caliber or larger, if firing a single bullet, or be 20 gauge or larger if firing 2 or more balls.
4. Hunting deer with rimfire or non-expanding, full metal jacket (military ball) ammunition is prohibited.
5. Hunting wildlife (other than migratory birds) with air guns is allowed. See Florida Hunting Regulations handbook for details.
6. Hunting deer with air guns is prohibited, except pre-charged pneumatic (PCP) air guns propelling a bolt, arrow or bullet .30 caliber or larger are allowed.
7. Hunting turkey with air guns is prohibited, except PCP air guns propelling a bolt or arrow are allowed.
8. Children under the age of 16 hunting with a firearm or air gun must be in the presence of a supervising adult.
9. No person shall discharge a firearm or have a loaded firearm in hand while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
10. For hunting non-migratory game, only shotguns, rifles, pistols, air guns, bows, crossbows or falconry may be used.
11. For hunting migratory game, only shotguns, bows, crossbows or falconry may be used. Shotguns shall not be larger than 10 gauge and shall be incapable of holding more than 3 shells in the magazine and chamber combined.
12. Hunting with full automatic firearms, centerfire semi-automatic rifles having a magazine capable of holding more than 5 rounds, explosive or drug-injecting devices and set guns is prohibited.

Anyways, it doesn't matter, because firearms are prohibited to use to kill iguanas unless SPECIFICALLY authorized in the WMA, WEA or PSGA rules.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:57:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to some quick Google searching, using a suppressor to hunt was made legal back in November of 2014.

No idea about iguanas but in general suppressors are legal to hunt with.

Let me know if I'm wrong, I was planning to use my suppressor for some squirrel hunting and would like to avoid finding out the hard way if I misread the laws.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 9:36:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Years ago I had a close a friend (RIP Tony) down in Miami
View Quote

@osprey21

You're not talking about TonyK are you?

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 9:50:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 9:54:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No, he's still kickin'.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@osprey21

You're not talking about TonyK are you?

No, he's still kickin'.  

first sorry about your friend....

I looked up his information and he hasn't posted in a year.

i'm going to have to give him a phone call!!
tonk_k
Member StatisticsPost Count 12844
Posts Per Day 1.77
Last Post Date 9/6/2020 2:19:49 PM CDT

Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:49:43 PM EDT
[#15]
https://jpoutfittersinc.com/

Pellet gun
Full-Auto BB gun
Blowgun

Sean

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top