Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2022 11:28:51 AM EDT
My wife's kin from Washington state have moved from the commie Northwest to the Villages of Florida.  You do not need to worry they went to Washington from Texas and vote conservative.  They are all but Queer for The Orange man.

Anyway, I will not be flying to the pacific northwest anymore and will be driving to your fine state to visit from time to time.

I want to kill some of those big lizards with my Benjamine Marauder.

What are the opportunities to hunt iguanas near the villages?  Are there any places to just hunt or is a guide the best way?  Can you recommend a guide? I don't normally pay to hunt or use a guide but I don't know the plan in Florida. this will end up being the week of Thanksgiving.
I do not want to spend a week watching the grass grow.  I will have a truck and would like to have a reason to get out the house.

Edit I am 62 and in half[ heavy on the half] ass shape.  I can take heat we live near Houston. But I aint hiking 5 miles through swamp to kill lizards.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Am amazed by folks that want to come here to shoot a lizard.

Tinkin' you can only hunt on private property with owners permission,
but not gonna look it up. Not my job. Not my baby.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:25:42 PM EDT
[#2]
You are at least 2 hours away from any big population maybe even more like 3 hours. The villages is too far north and they don’t make it that far up.

Look up Python cowboy he does guided hunts.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Am amazed by folks that want to come here to shoot a lizard.

Tinkin' you can only hunt on private property with owners permission,
but not gonna look it up. Not my job. Not my baby.
View Quote

Figured it was an invasive species. Needed killing.  I don't expect to hunt for free or on public land.  

I did not expect anyone to answer that did not know nor wanted to look it up but thanks for the reply.

But I do figure that someone in the arf family does know and would be able to give me the straight scoop.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You are at least 2 hours away from any big population maybe even more like 3 hours. The villages is too far north and they don’t make it that far up.

Look up Python cowboy he does guided hunts.
View Quote

Thank you,  I doubt I will be able to drive 6 hours and hunt in just one day, but was looking for a diversion,

Thanks again. will look at that guide for the hell of it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Down in the Keys they’d probably pay you to shoot them .
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#6]
This guy shoots the heck out of lizards in S. Florida.

https://www.youtube.com/user/kimmel220?app=desktop  
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 9:54:09 PM EDT
[#7]
West Palm and south for any number of iguana. Tegus are supposedly further north but I haven't seen them. I'm in Brooksville...we target practice on cuban tree frogs.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 11:51:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Chicken of the Trees
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Smear banana all over yourself and sit down near a body of water with some trees around it.

Link Posted: 5/28/2022 2:32:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Fire/Medic I used to work with, a German import, was a little obsessed with hunting them. He would drive down to the southeast and hunt them in public parks with a blowgun. Non-regulated weapon killing a non-regulated invasive species. He had several conversations with police officers because Karen would always call about the madman running around killing lizards, but as far as I know he was never detained, they always concluded no crime was committed.

He even patented his barbed, line carrying blowgun dart.

Don't think you could pull it off with your Benjemin though.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My wife's kin from Washington state have moved from the commie Northwest to the Villages of Florida.  You do not need to worry they went to Washington from Texas and vote conservative.  They are all but Queer for The Orange man.

Anyway, I will not be flying to the pacific northwest anymore and will be driving to your fine state to visit from time to time.

I want to kill some of those big lizards with my Benjamine Marauder.

What are the opportunities to hunt iguanas near the villages?  Are there any places to just hunt or is a guide the best way?  Can you recommend a guide? I don't normally pay to hunt or use a guide but I don't know the plan in Florida. this will end up being the week of Thanksgiving.
I do not want to spend a week watching the grass grow.  I will have a truck and would like to have a reason to get out the house.

Edit I am 62 and in half[ heavy on the half] ass shape.  I can take heat we live near Houston. But I aint hiking 5 miles through swamp to kill lizards.
View Quote

Ain't gonna find any of em near the Villages.

But if you decide to take a weekend trip down to the Keys, I guarantee you'll see zillions of them. Finding land where no one cares that you're shooting an air rifle, on the other hand, might be more of an issue.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 5:17:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ain't gonna find any of em near the Villages.

But if you decide to take a weekend trip down to the Keys, I guarantee you'll see zillions of them. Finding land where no one cares that you're shooting an air rifle, on the other hand, might be more of an issue.
View Quote

Ill bring my rifle just in case. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#15]
No iguanas in the villages.  Plenty of those ancient fuckers look like lizards, bit they are not.

DeLand, a town 'sorta' between the villages and Daytona used to have good hog hunting.

...and yes, hunting iguanas on private property with owners permission is legal.... BUT NOT WITH A GUN due to being within 1000feet of a house, no hunting on federal property, and a shit load of other s. Flo. Leftist anti gun bullshit laws.

Get a 22cal pellet gun with the highest velocity you can find.

Get live traps.  Get a machete ( one swing, one kill,,or go to jail for animal cruelty)

FWIW, in the keys, these things will swarm you like pigeons on a city street if you sit on a bench and start feeding them.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This guy shoots the heck out of lizards in S. Florida.

https://www.youtube.com/user/kimmel220?app=desktop  
View Quote

I've watched his videos before.
I like watching Jessica from "Iguana Solutions". See must have eye sight like a Hawk with how she can spot them in heavy tree cover. Great shot too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCprBc95NyDhjGN72TxlabCA
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Shooting a 22 Benjamin Marauder.

It’s bad ass enough to kill wild hogs it will kill lizards.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Wat is the thing about shooting iguanas?

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Wat is the thing about shooting iguanas?

View Quote

Not my job. Not my baby.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top