Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2020 7:40:18 AM EDT
The philosophy of "flattening the curve" is not to keep people from being infected or saving lives. This philosophy presumes that everyone will eventually be infected. It's a tactic to slow the RATE of infection so that hospitals are not overwhelmed with patients.
 Under this philosophy everyone who is going to die from C-19, will eventually die from C-19. If lives are going to be saved,  the elderly and those with co-morbidities should be isolated from the general population until a herd immunity is developed.

Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds right to me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#2]
JR...  don't let microbiology get in the way of a media frenzy and government overreach.  Lets shut down those 50 k trump rallies and if we extend this to November we can stuff the ballot box. We live in dangerous times, and I don't mean from viruses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top