Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2018 7:26:08 PM EDT
I had an interesting conversation with a local hardware store manager. He told me that NH has recently adopted much tougher VOC rules, and that it means that they're having to phase out many go-to products over the next year, to name a few:

- Boiled linseed oil
- Turpentine
- Mineral spirits
- Brush cleaner
- Paint thinner

He said that he has no idea what to replace them with, but they will be off his shelves by the end of the year.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:42:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Great! Any web page for info on this?
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 6:16:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great! Any web page for info on this?
View Quote
I dug around and didn't find anything that looked recent.  What convinced me was the guy showing me his computer which showed what could be bought in VT vs NH.  There were a slew of things that indicated that they could no longer be ordered for stock.  I intend to do a bit more research.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Mother fudger,

I was ecstartic to be able to by chloronated Brake cleaner when I moved out of CA shitland.

Guess I'll be running it from VT or Mass
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mother fudger,

I was ecstartic to be able to by chloronated Brake cleaner when I moved out of CA shitland.

Guess I'll be running it from VT or Mass
View Quote
I've got a whole gallon of TCE from Brownell's I would be willing to sell
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I still can't see anything on this unless I missed it.
https://www.des.nh.gov/organization/commissioner/legal/rulemaking/index.htm
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 4:47:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Huh? Those are all kinda house hold staples.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 1:30:49 AM EDT
[#7]
This is normal stuff used to paint a house. I just finished googling these supposed VOC regulations and found no mention of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top