Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2021 9:00:08 PM EDT
The Sumter Original Brewery is great!

The next HTF meet up, this is the place. There is plenty of room, great beer and bar food, corn hole on the deck, live music and

NO FUCKING MASKS. None required to even walk in. Sammich maker, my boy and I went this evening and loved it.  Dags are welcome too.  

BTW, Sumter is dab smack in the middle of the state.  There is plenty of parking. If you haven't been to Main Street Sumter in 5 years you would not recognize it. It has changed for the better.

This is the place.

Three huge floors of freedom.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:19:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I take Abby the Big Brown Dog to SOB on occasion. She doesn't care for the elevator ride, though.

My only beef about SOB is that their beer list is static. Never changes. Gimme a pilsner, dammit.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Uh, I got a Pilsner. It was the top beer on the list. Great beer.  

I wanted more but I drove.

The have a Weizen but didn't see it until I ordered.  That is my favorite with little slice of lemon.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#3]
They have pils now? Mmmmmmmmm....beer.

Might have to go down there this afternoon and have one. ONE.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#4]
If you go to SOB's website you will see a disparity between their beer list ("taproom") and their beer list on the "Order Online" tab.

I had never looked at the "Order Online" tab before now and see that Pilsner and some other offerings are currently available. Well, available starting Wednesday afternoon at 4pm when they open
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you go to SOB's website you will see a disparity between their beer list ("taproom") and their beer list on the "Order Online" tab.

I had never looked at the "Order Online" tab before now and see that Pilsner and some other offerings are currently available. Well, available starting Wednesday afternoon at 4pm when they open
View Quote

Wednesday is trivia night. I had fun last week and may go back this week. It was crowded!
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 4:26:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Abby Dog and I stopped in SOB for one beer...the Viperwiezen...and to be honest I didn't think much of it. Watery finish with off flavors. Not refreshing not even in today's miserable humidity.

Abby has aggression issues with other dogs (she's afraid of them) so as soon as we stepped off the elevator I scanned the patio for people with other dogs and didn't see any. As I'm standing at the bar getting my beer Abby goes into a frenzy as out of my peripheral vision comes some ghetto goblin with a breed of peace who in turn is straining on its leash.

Lovely.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top