Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2020 7:11:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually legitimately afraid to sign that - still have to live and do business here.  How sad is that?
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By emsjeep:
Actually legitimately afraid to sign that - still have to live and do business here.  How sad is that?
View Quote

i get it, no worries.  perhaps you can pass it along.  i know nothing substantive will come of it.  but, it's slightly better than just bitching.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:37:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By emsjeep:
Actually legitimately afraid to sign that - still have to live and do business here.  How sad is that?
View Quote

Use a fake name, I did.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 7:37:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Hit
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 7:59:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By widerstehe:

Use a fake name, I did.
View Quote

The "Democrat's " way. I like it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:56:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Use a fake name, I did.
View Quote
That right there basically makes it a pointless exercise. If genuine registered voters are not the signers of the petition then even if I were the target of such a petition I would ignore it. Heck, my sisters dog might as well sign it too.

Regardless, he wins by a landslide on November 8, 2022. I just cannot fathom any NYS Republican with statewide appeal any longer. Unless he is primaried, and loses, he will be around until at least 2026 unless: 1) he is drafted to run for president by shoving Biden out, 2) he is offered some fantastic cabinet post in a Biden administration, 3) Biden wins, has to vacate the office, the VP takes over and they pull a "Rockefeller" and make him VP (which is how we got Governor Malcolm Wilson).
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 10:03:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Aardvark:
That right there basically makes it a pointless exercise. If genuine registered voters are not the signers of the petition then even if I were the target of such a petition I would ignore it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Use a fake name, I did.
That right there basically makes it a pointless exercise. If genuine registered voters are not the signers of the petition then even if I were the target of such a petition I would ignore it.

You think anyone checks the names against the voter rolls?  
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You think anyone checks the names against the voter rolls?  
View Quote
On real petitions for political office they do. Look at all the prospective candidates that get thrown out because New York's byzantine rules require correct verified names on petitions.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Signed and shared Link!

Bill
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 10:07:40 AM EDT
[#10]
On real petitions for political office they do. Look at all the prospective candidates that get thrown out because New York's byzantine rules require correct verified names on petitions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You think anyone checks the names against the voter rolls?  
On real petitions for political office they do. Look at all the prospective candidates that get thrown out because New York's byzantine rules require correct verified names on petitions.

Go to your local cemetery and pick what every name you want.. Dims do it all the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top