Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2022 7:07:12 PM EDT
You may want to rethink your zip code.

This IS the beginning of the end. From the wu flu restrictions and rent moratoriums to the mag ban, you need a crystal ball that has clarity to understand exactly what's coming your way.

If you stay because of _________ , understand exactly what's coming your way.

This blue wave state isn't going to get any better. The exorbitant taxes are never going to get any lower. The restrictive rules are never going to get any less repressive. Life itself will never return to what it used to be.

Develop an escape plan and activate it. This was a great place to live, but because of the party agenda, liberty is getting pummeled.

If you stay, may your chains rest lightly upon you.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 8:33:58 PM EDT
[#1]
6-7 weeks before we depart for our house in Florida!

ETA: My son’s private Christian school’s kindergarten class saw 25% of the families move away in the summer of 2021. Top destinations: Utah, Texas and Arizona. Now he is about to wrap up 1st grade and another 25% are moving away in June and July. Top destinations are the same, of course.

We’ve seen a lot of red voter people we know (here in Camas) move away since fall 2020. Every one of those houses sold have gone to blue voters from California, Portland and Seattle.

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#2]
OP doesn't have any grandkids living in the state.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Reread my post, I clearly covered that.

Procyon, our private Christian school saw similar, but not quite at those numbers.

The state we are headed to got constitutional carry this year and are looking at arming teachers. I'm ready to go, lining up all those proverbial ducks rfn.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 11:53:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Just give up huh, can’t fight the good fight?

Says a lot
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 12:11:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just give up huh, can't fight the good fight?

Says a lot
View Quote

There are fights you can win and fights where you are only going to lose.

A man must know his limitations.

We have been fighting them for decades and successfully held them off for a long fucking time. The tide has shifted and it's only going to get worse from here.

Once the mag ban got through, that is the beginning of the end.

Suicide is an option for some, I choose survival for me and mine.

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 12:54:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Says a lot
View Quote

I've had this internal battle with myself. I don't much care to run from things, but I'd be damn if I wouldn't be fighting everyone and everything, virtually alone. The politicians, the school boards, leftist police, city council, mayors, leftist local media, most of my neighbor's, our "republican" secretary  of state and the list goes on. The time to fight and put in the work was thirty years ago. It's time to get to higher ground. Where you would actually be fighting with someone, instead of against them. Get involved with everything you can on a local level to stop the madness that's going to try to spread your way. School board meetings, city counsel meeting, anything you could think of to stop the cancer from spreading. But this state, on the west side, It's a big old tumor. It's time to cut and run. If you can.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:05:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 10:19:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Wife and I bought a house in Florida last May.  Still maintain a house in WA so we can easily see family and friends.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Got plans. Just cant put into action yet......
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Says a lot
View Quote

Time is the fire in which we burn.

If I didn’t have an almost 7 year old or I was an empty nester, I’d debate flipping the bird to Inslee and Ferguson and staying.

But just by moving I:

1) Can send my son to schools w/o having the heavy hand of the WA Dept of Health hanging over them. The Dept of Health almost shut down my son’s school because a couple of doctors weren’t happy with the school’s [lack of] enforcement of face diapers. 99% of the parents were fine with our kids not wearing masks.

2) Pretty much not have to worry about any 2nd Amendment attacks.

3) Not be subjected to as much taxation. I moved To WA to be in a no state income tax state, choosing it over Oregon. Now we have that payroll tax for family leave, which doesn’t have a cap, it will increase over time. Then they just tried with that WA Cares crap.

4) Escape Camas property taxes. Due to the increase in property values over the past year, the accompanying taxes are going to skyrocket here. Plus, the dumbass progressive voters and sucker voters passed the school bond last February, when the goddamn schools were closed! It takes a special level of stupidity to throw away your only bargaining card.

I’ve done the math and my family recovers the cost of our move (to Florida) in about 9 months. That’s a hell of an investment return there.

So, in 9 months we break even and we’re moving to one of the reddest counties in what is now likely a solid red state for the next 20 years.

So yeah, giving up on a lost cause so that my son will grow up in the United States.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:43:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So yeah, giving up on a lost cause so that my son will grow up in the United States.
View Quote

ONE of my motivating factors
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 3:01:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I dont give anyone grief for leaving. I left kali.

I do however think we stand a better chance here in this timeline compared to when kali started their antigun slide down hill. Back then without the internet and without all the progun cases in the firing order like we have today, I do believe we have a better chance at challenging these stupid laws. Possibly winning.

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:20:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Have you driven Seattle lately?

It's blue politics from alpha to omega locally, and on the state level.

As long as your realize what's coming your way, you are free and 21 to choose your path. I don't see a win in the future, I see many many more losses
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I dont give anyone grief for leaving. I left kali.

I do however think we stand a better chance here in this timeline compared to when kali started their antigun slide down hill. Back then without the internet and without all the progun cases in the firing order like we have today, I do believe we have a better chance at challenging these stupid laws. Possibly winning.

View Quote

I would actually applaud people for leaving, especially those with school age children. Even just going over the mountains the difference in culture is palpable.

I won’t blame anyone for staying, either. Even OP conveniently stayed until he could retire rather than up and starting over somewhere else mid-career. Not exactly brave patriot shit. There are plenty of us for whom it similarly pencils out better that way. Others have family ties/obligations here that make moving away difficult.

Unfortunately, while I agree we have better tools to resist, I don’t think that they will be enough. And then there is whatever happens at the federal level.

These threads just end up being the conservative version of annoying virtue signaling.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 10:21:44 PM EDT
[#15]
You know nothing about me. Do us both a favor & stfu
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:26:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, I’m on the verge of popping smoke and unassing the AO.  I missed my opportunity two years ago, so now, I have to wait three years before leaving… I’ll be in my early 60s so that’s something I need to take into consideration as well.

There is nothing wrong with a tactical withdraw from a loosing fight, which Washington is. If we are honest, we are in the minority in this state now and that’s not going to change.

And yes, they will come after semi-autos next year since they’re following the California model.

As for anybody that has activated their escape plan, I salute you and wish you the best of luck!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#17]
It may be real hard to win anything in this state with mail in voting. Greghore verses Rossi !
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#18]
I guess everyone else is joining us in the panic buying now
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 9:53:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Planning to exit also.  The WA horizon likely includes:
- state income tax
- AW ban
- more lawlessness to include non prosecutions of felony assaults/rape
- no prosecution for narcotics, more fentanyl, more addicts, property crime, violent crime
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 10:56:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm not in a position to migrate at this time. Just the way it is right now. Perhaps 5-10 yrs in my current situation, but if I have to leave worse behind & hope for the best, then I'll take my chances & ditch out ahead schedule.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 9:27:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I’m going to panic buy a ruger No1 and a stevens 44 1/2.

If AWB happens all is going in cosmoline.

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 1:40:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Indiana has been getting better and better for me after we bailed out of Sammamish a little over 5 years ago.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:15:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Teach your kids when the get the fuck out; if they don't understand, you failed as a parent.   It's significantly more important that they do so, than you do so.

School board shennanigans and voting for dog catcher aren't going to mean fuckall in what is coming to North America.  If you can't look around and ID your neighbors as people who'd pick up a rifle to help defend you all, as a group, then you are not where you need to be.   That may not mean moving to a different state; the boundaries don't really matter anymore, what matters is who is around you.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Teach your when the get the fuck out; if they don't understand, you failed as a parent.   It's significantly more important that they do so, than you do so.

School board shennanigans and voting for dog catcher aren't going to mean fuckall in what is coming to North America.  If you can't look around and ID your neighbors as people who'd pick up a rifle to help defend you all, as a group, then you are not where you need to be.   That may not mean moving to a different state; the boundaries don't really matter anymore, what matters is who is around you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Teach your when the get the fuck out; if they don't understand, you failed as a parent.   It's significantly more important that they do so, than you do so.

So how are things going in Somalia?
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 10:19:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

So how are things going in Somalia?
View Quote

Possibly less stressful than WA.

There are specific reasons for that.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Possibly less stressful than WA.

There are specific reasons for that.  
View Quote

At least the government isn't trying to disarm you
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just give up huh, can't fight the good fight?

Says a lot
View Quote
LOL!!
Good fight when the courts, legislative,  executive branch and media are fully blown leftist democratic progressive communist?  YEAH RIGHT!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 10:45:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Got plans. Just cant put into action yet......
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 11:09:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Some of us will miss you badly, CavVet, I have always been very interested in your points of view-- as I have said elsewhere, some of us do not have the option of leaving. Remember to pop in here from time to time and let us know how it's going, and if you think it's safe where you're going, think back to how it was here twenty years ago when we joined ARFcom-- and remember, the fewer free states there are, the more force Those People can bring to bear. In the meantime, those of us here will do the needful I guess-- Very best wishes, my friend-- the rest of you left here can squabble amongst yourselves, or get organized, your choice
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 10:38:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Some of us will miss you badly, CavVet, I have always been very interested in your points of view-- as I have said elsewhere, some of us do not have the option of leaving. Remember to pop in here from time to time and let us know how it's going, and if you think it's safe where you're going, think back to how it was here twenty years ago when we joined ARFcom-- and remember, the fewer free states there are, the more force Those People can bring to bear. In the meantime, those of us here will do the needful I guess-- Very best wishes, my friend-- the rest of you left here can squabble amongst yourselves, or get organized, your choice
View Quote

Agreed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top