Page / 2
Posted: 3/22/2020 3:27:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8]
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 8:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Great idea.

Link Posted: 3/23/2020 7:01:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Stay safe everyone, and smart. We will get through this.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#3]
good, stay safe, wear mask, help yourself and help others
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 5:12:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm available as well.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 5:55:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm good my friend.  House is fully stocked, other *ahem* items are stocked and prepared to go.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 6:57:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DV8:

If you need anything like ground venison or steaks, we might work out a trade.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Covertness:
I'm good my friend.  House is fully stocked, other *ahem* items are stocked and prepared to go.

If you need anything like ground venison or steaks, we might work out a trade.  

Fish for venison? Bwahahaha... Well, when I get the compound up and running that is
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:57:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Great idea, we all need to band together during this time

Hell, I’ve been calling all my friends and family lately more to make sure everyone is good. Due to my job (911 dispatch) can’t really leave the area cause we can get called in ASAP right now if anyone tests positive they are sending the whole shift out.

Was talking to my dad yesterday and he has one AR we built together awhile back that I let him keep (paid for all the parts), plenty of magazines (all supplied by me) and only thing I told him he needed to do was go buy ammo. And of course, he had been putting it off and putting it off, and when this crap popped off he had none besides the rounds in a few magazines I had left there. I’ve spent the past two days getting ammo sent to him through different sources. Thankfully found some through armslist were guy was just trying to get his money back, that got sent back through my brother in law who works in Raleigh to take back to him. Then my best friend met a guy in Efland who had some 5.56 I was able to buy and send to him as well cause he lives right down road from my parents.

I pray they find a cure or anything soon to stop this virus, in the meantime we all need to band together in this trying time
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 7:49:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Things are OK so far. Fortunately, I am in an essential business (HVAC) and the wife works from home, so the only real disruption is her dealing the the kids all day every day.

It's crazy how cleaned out Sam's Club has been the last 3 times I have been in there.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I went to the Target in Cary yesterday as I was driving home, complete ghost town. They did have a lot of stuff one would need, minus Lysol, Hand sanitizer, and TP.

Was creepy though riding around Cary with no traffic, made great time in doing what I needed to do (food and meds) and still made it home at same time I always do.

Be glad for things to return to normal, hopefully though people won’t take things for granted anymore.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#13]
So far so good.  Still working - work from home and out in the field still.  Practicing that social distancing.  
Trying to watch out for elderly neighbors and family.
Hang in there folks.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 2:25:53 AM EDT
[#14]
This is a great thread. Doing fine here right now. I'll check in here everyday to see if there is anyone needing anything/ if I can do anything.

Stay safe guys we can and will get through this.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 8:14:14 AM EDT
[#15]
If anyone needs essentials from the grocery store Lowe’s to go says it will fill orders but you might have to wait a week. I’m testing it to see if they will supply TP and other hard to get items.

I’m stocked up and good but this may be helpful for other family members. Placed the order last Sunday and it will be ready THIS TUESDAY!!

Crazy stuff.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 8:32:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Very crazy times indeed.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 10:52:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ricko1] [#17]
Running out of things to do around the house, So ready for this BS to end.
anyone needing anything around the Mooresville area i can help. Unless its money or hard work.....
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 10:20:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Used Instacart app for some groceries from Food Lion.
Easy.  Walmart delivery available too.  Works like grub hub.

It’s interesting that tp is still in short supply everywhere.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 7:20:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Sam's Club is getting canned goods, dry good, and meats back in stock.

Still almost no paper products.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:41:42 AM EDT
[#20]
So I placed my order on the 30th with Lowe's to go, today it was ready. No TP. Damn!

I have plenty, but damn.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Shits gonna get real if some tp doesn’t show up!  
Literally, probably.

It’ll all wind up at the Webb rd flea market this summer.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 7:35:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Good morning, NCHTF!

Everyone doing OK?
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:22:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8] [#23]
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey all, checking in from New Bern area. The wife and I just moved back from Arizona after being gone for a few years.

Looks like the grocery stores around here are getting most things back aside from all the paper products. Luckily we brought some with us and can hold out for another month or so. On the plus side, weather's been beautiful since we got back
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 10:45:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Good luck with those home projects!  I’m lining up a couple now round here.  

Made a recon thru Walmart yesterday.  Wore an N95 mask - not pleasant but doable.  About half the people had some sort on.

Plenty of most goods.  No TP tho.  
Paper towels and other paper goods were on shelves.  

Watched a woman put 5 of those big packs of napkins in her cart.  Wonder why she needed so many?
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 6:59:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Early shopping seems to work best for finding things you need.  Good luck!

Also keep check on your neighbors - elderly couple next door having a rough time.   A phone call or conversation across the fence works. Can’t mingle with them but can do a welfare check up.  
Fortunately they’ve got local kids who help them out but I’m right there and get the call periodically.  Just watching their home and stuff makes them feel better.  Me too.  
Even if we’re not sick, stir crazy and isolation can be rough.  Now I understand why those old ladies back in my early days stayed on the phone party line so much.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Everyone still doing OK?
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#30]

I'm not doing so well. I am sore, achy, tired, suffering from a massive headache.  

No, I don't have Covid, I have a wife and daughter bored to tears and they worked me like a dog over the weekend and yesterday. Still not done. Carpentry, cabinetry and electrical are not my idea of fun.  I'm hurting.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:
Everyone still doing OK?

I'm not doing so well. I am sore, achy, tired, suffering from a massive headache.  

No, I don't have Covid, I have a wife and daughter bored to tears and they worked me like a dog over the weekend and yesterday. Still not done. Carpentry, cabinetry and electrical are not my idea of fun.  I'm hurting.

I had to cut a tree down on Saturday. My arms finally quit hurting yesterday, but now that damned poison ivy is kicking my ass
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 7:43:31 AM EDT
[#31]
How's everyone doing?
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 9:47:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 9:55:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8] [#33]
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 9:57:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 12:36:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Looks great! You should be proud of yourself and the family should be giving you a great big hug. Nice job.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 12:45:03 PM EDT
[#36]
My wife and I have been married almost 5 years now. She’s always known that I’m a bit of a prepper, but she did not realize the extent to which I was prepared for this. N 95 mask, a case of them, and several boxes each of large and medium size nitrile gloves. Not to mention the food stores and other assorted goodies.

We have been buying perishables from Publix and using their Instacart service to get them delivered. All non-perishable foods that we get from them, along with any other packages are left in the garage for at least three days as a quarantine measure. Food to be frozen and refrigerated of course have to go there right away. But we do use Lysol wipes and all the packages. Yes I had a supply of Lysol wipes and Clorox wipes. But I did not have was Lysol spray. She has been trying to do everything she can to buy some. No joy.

I’ve been able to help out several of my neighbors with mask and gloves and wipes. Some have needed food and even TP which I’ve been able to help them out with them.

I told my wife don’t ever complain again about my Costco shopping. She said she won’t, that is to be seen.

I’m in Onslow county, right on the border with Pender county and if any Arfcommers in the area need help feel free to reach out to me here. I don’t normally check in very often but I will start from now.

God bless you all.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Thank you.  The rough carpentry was the easy part.  The finish and trim is NOT my area of expertise at all.  I'll spend twice as much on materials because of inaccurate cuts etc.
View All Quotes

I had to make a cabinet for our kitchen that was 5-3/4" wide.

After several failed attempts, I got a table saw and was able to sort of make one
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Good on you MikeSH.

Nice woodworking DV8.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 7:31:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Checking in.

How's everyone doing?
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Good here. Thank God and this site for being prepared. 3Bs. Beans, bullets and Band-Aids or in this case N95 masks and nitrile gloves were in storage.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 7:31:57 AM EDT
[#44]
How's everyone doing?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 7:39:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:04:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Nice
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 7:14:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Glad to see everyone is well
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 7:43:19 AM EDT
[#48]
This has definitely been a weird year.

And we still have the election cycle to go through.

Stay frosty.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Anyone know where there is a regular supply of masks that can be found in what stores?
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 7:21:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top