Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2023 12:46:41 PM EDT
Does that make it the law of the entire US?  Does that make the state cases moot?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does that make it the law of the entire US?  Does that make the state cases moot?
View Quote

I'm of the opinion that if Federal district court of southern Illinois rules in favor of the plaintiffs, the Illinois state AG will immediately file an appeal with the proviso that the law remain in effect until the appeal is heard and decided.
IMHO, these court actions are just the opening salvos of a long, expensive and bitter legal battle that could go on for a year or more, before it reaches the Supremes.
Gary
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm of the opinion that if Federal district court of southern Illinois rules in favor of the plaintiffs, the Illinois state AG will immediately file an appeal with the proviso that the law remain in effect until the appeal is heard and decided.
IMHO, these court actions are just the opening salvos of a long, expensive and bitter legal battle that could go on for a year or more, before it reaches the Supremes.
Gary
View Quote

Scorched earth tactics by the state.  We may prevail in the end and have our rights restored, but FFLs will be decimated (again) by the massive drop-off in business.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#3]
The process is the punishment.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The process is the punishment.
View Quote

interesting to note that Prince Piggly declared that Gun Shops remain mostly unmolested during the late great Pandemic Pandemonium. I've always wondered what his ulterior motive was.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Southern district of Illinois judicial rulings don't apply to the entire nation. Whomeever loses will certainly appeal to the 7th circuit of appeals which includes several states including Illinois. When the court of appeals rules, their ruling will be binding on these states. I also assume whomever loses will appeal to the supreme court. when the supreme court rules, then and only then will the ruling apply to the entire nation.  

In regards to the state cases, there are a few, two of the lawyers are making the argument about exemptions for special classes of people such as law enforcement and retired law enforcement in violation of the equal protection clause.  Their arguments aren't second amendment based. I suspect the state will issue a (unfovorable) ruling before the feds issue a favorable ruling. Just my 2 cents.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top