Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2018 12:08:45 AM EDT
I think this is very important so ill post a link to gain more traction.

2A Rally in Boise
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Message received.  If there is some sort of regional event, maybe we can get a group together and go, Seattle, for example would be interesting.  Otherwise I'm down to go to state capitol, perhaps DC depending on timing.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 3:51:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Message received.  If there is some sort of regional event, maybe we can get a group together and go, Seattle, for example would be interesting.  Otherwise I'm down to go to state capitol, perhaps DC depending on timing.
View Quote
Yeah Seattle would be ground zero in this fight considering they just snuck in an AWB into their next legislative session.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 8:08:12 PM EDT
[#3]
So it looks like a new group is trying to rally the troops on the 14th of April. We need to show up in full force. I hope Greg Pruett see's this too.

New Rally
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 1:13:23 AM EDT
[#4]
https://www.facebook.com/events/199734707458499/

Guys.  If we do this here at the Idaho State Capital, I'll supply a bunch of t-shirts and can also offer some signs and banners.

@toobeaucoup - If you're still around, we'll need some good designs.  Are you in?

Eric  
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 12:01:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Guys,

Greg Pruett just announced a 2A rally sponsored by the ISAA for Saturday, September 8th at 1PM. I know that it's almost 6 months out, but this is probably the biggest one we are going to have here in this state. I know that there is one planned for the 14th as referenced in an earlier link by me, but this is the one we should really focus on. Greg is saying that they will have some big time guests as well. The reason for the later date is to give time for people to spread the word about this and give time for those who live in the panhandle to save up funds for traveling down here to the capital.

It's time to show the libtards who think they can change this amazing state that we are the real Idahoans and we outnumber them!
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 10:29:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm out of town on the 14th, bit as of now I'll be around in Sept.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#7]
You want us to show up and yell for the sake of swaying opinion?  I'll do it because (unfortunately) it will probably help our cause, but still...

Now if this were to double as a BBQ, on the other hand, HELL YEAH.  What do I need to bring?
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 7:33:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You want us to show up and yell for the sake of swaying opinion?  I'll do it because (unfortunately) it will probably help our cause, but still...

Now if this were to double as a BBQ, on the other hand, HELL YEAH.  What do I need to bring?
View Quote
No need to yell. Just a gathering of like-minded individuals that hold the 2A in sacred regard. Maybe there will be a BBQ. Who knows?
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 12:42:30 AM EDT
[#9]
All right, since protesting is stupid, this needs to serve secondary purposes:

1. BBQ.
2. Job fair.
3. Hang out and shoot the breeze.

LGS shops can also setup booths outside.

Actually, now that I think about it, this needs to be an annual event.  Call it "The 1st Boise Gun Festival."  Hold it each year by the capitol building.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah Seattle would be ground zero in this fight considering they just snuck in an AWB into their next legislative session.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I need to get hooked up with the some of the local ID area fun shops in case WA gets froggy, because will not comply.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 8:18:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey is this thing still on?
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#12]
It is, flyer with speakers listed is below.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I hope we all OPEN CARRY this day......  I can't wait to march with one of my AR-15's and a Standard 60 round Magpul D-60 magazine...... and my FN 5.7 with 30 round magzines on the hip

ETA:

Can we have a Rally like them Arabs do where everyone shoots into the sky at the end of the Rally in Celebration of the 2nd....?
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 11:54:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Where is the BBQ going to be at? we best do this too.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 1:26:24 AM EDT
[#15]
What place near the capitol building will allow us to setup propane BBQ?
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 12:34:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What place near the capitol building will allow us to setup Targets to shoot at?
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 3:19:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 11:42:01 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd be up for that, but I'll be in Wyoming killing antelope!

You guys should do an after rally get-together!
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#19]
The 8th is this Saturday.  Any updates we need to know about?
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 5:17:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The 8th is this Saturday.  Any updates we need to know about?
View Quote
Starts @ 1PM @ Fort Boise Park. Then a march from there to the Capitol to listen to guest speakers. I'm trying to find out if guns are welcome.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Starts @ 1PM @ Fort Boise Park. Then a march from there to the Capitol to listen to guest speakers. I'm trying to find out if guns are welcome.
View Quote
This is Idaho, I'm sure guns are welcomed.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 12:45:26 AM EDT
[#22]
How the @#$% are guns not welcome at a pro-gun rally in a state like this?
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 11:19:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Guns are welcome
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 4:30:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Guns are welcome
View Quote
Well I remember there was a rally where someone was saying not to bring guns lol. I don't think it was hear but it was recent. So I guess I got that mixed up somehow. All I know, is that myself and 6 buddies of mine will all be rocking our AK's.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 7:22:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll be the fat, bald guy in a black shirt with nerd glasses and a 5.11 sling pack (man-purse).

If anybody wants to razz me for being from California, you know how to find me!
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone have plans for parking?
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 7:53:46 PM EDT
[#27]
The park seems to have a few parking lots.  Is the whole park reserved for us?  Otherwise, some of them will probably be taken already.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 10:54:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Anyone have plans for parking?
View Quote
I was wondering the same thing, I don't go to Boise often.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 11:40:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I was wondering the same thing, I don't go to Boise often.
View Quote
So there is a parking lot adjacent to the county courthouse, west side. It's open to the public on the weekends. It's 0.7 miles away from the park and is approx. a 14 minute walk. Not sure if that's too far, but it's a decent location to get back to once the rally is over too. I've never carried a gun in public, let alone an "evil" rifle so it should make for quite the experience if I end up walking from there lol. Otherwise, I'll probably check for parking at or near the park. Most of the streets in that vicinity allow for public parking.

...on second thought, 6 of us are going so probably easiest will be to drop us all off and for the driver to just walk back.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Good turnout

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:42:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Yup, really good turnout. Andrew from GY6vids was there too. Didn't know he lives in Idaho.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:11:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yup, really good turnout. Andrew from GY6vids was there too. Didn't know he lives in Idaho.
View Quote
I was marching with Janice McGeachin  and didn't even realize it until after the march and somebody pointed it out to me.

As to be expected I was surrounded by amazing people, everyone was extremely friendly. We should have tried to get all the arfcomers together just so we could meet.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:08:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I was marching with Janice McGeachin  and didn't even realize it until after the march and somebody pointed it out to me.

As to be expected I was surrounded by amazing people, everyone was extremely friendly. We should have tried to get all the arfcomers together just so we could meet.
View Quote
We were the 5 guys with AK's, took some pics next to the Bell and on top of the steps.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Some insufferable dimwit was purposefully blaring their horn during the Fort Park speeches.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 10:50:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

We were the 5 guys with AK's, took some pics next to the Bell and on top of the steps.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I missed the memo, the only thing I carried was my M&P 2.0 but there were so many rifles I felt left out

Quoted:
Some insufferable dimwit was purposefully blaring their horn during the Fort Park speeches.
I heard it but I was closer to the stage so I could still hear everything. From what I gather that was about the extent of the counter protest. I heard there were drive by harsh words and then there were a lot of Internet tough guys on Facebook calling us names but at lot of them said they were too scared to leave the house because of us.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:46:41 PM EDT
[#36]
I listened to the ID2A Alliance livestream today and they said by studying panoramic photos they counted close to if not 2000 people. On the day of the event when asked by the news how many people attended he estimated "at least" 1500 based on how this compared to the last march where 1000 people showed up.

The news reported "hundreds" attended and the report described we "swarmed the Capitol with guns"
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:32:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I listened to the ID2A Alliance livestream today and they said by studying panoramic photos they counted close to if not 2000 people. On the day of the event when asked by the news how many people attended he estimated "at least" 1500 based on how this compared to the last march where 1000 people showed up.

The news reported "hundreds" attended and the report described we "swarmed the Capitol with guns"
View Quote
I think it was KTVB that said about 300 lmao. The fake news just doesn't stop.

Here is the real news on how many were there: Idaho 2A Rally Video
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I think it was KTVB that said about 300 lmao. The fake news just doesn't stop.

Here is the real news on how many were there: Idaho 2A Rally Video
View Quote
I saw that guy standing on the corner recording ( I watched myself walk by) But I didn't know who he was, I just subbed to his channel.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 9:39:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I saw that guy standing on the corner recording ( I watched myself walk by) But I didn't know who he was, I just subbed to his channel.
View Quote
Yeah and the one guy who came up to him and said, "I know you" is me lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top