Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2021 1:57:42 PM EDT
Heading over for a weekend next month. Last month i got some great recommendations for CDA area, Chompers Cafe was OUTSTANDING.

So now I am looking for some places to go in Idaho Falls.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the Thai Kitchen

https://thaikitchenid.com/
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the Thai Kitchen

View Quote

Thanks! We love Thai food. Havent found much here near caldwell. One in Nampa is decent. Cant remember the name
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#3]
On Broadway East of I-15, right across from the Ford dealership is a little place called Smitty's.  It's been an Idaho Falls institution for decades.  The food isn't anything you'll rave about for the rest of your life but it's good and you'll always be able to say you ate there.

A few miles West of Smitty's, also on Broadway, is Reed's Dairy.  Best grilled cheese & ham sammiches I've ever had.  Also the best huckleberry ice cream in the world.  It's insanely good.

(Yes I live in Nevada but my wife is from Idaho Falls and we visit as much as possible. )
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
On Broadway East of I-15, right across from the Ford dealership is a little place called Smitty's.  It's been an Idaho Falls institution for decades.  The food isn't anything you'll rave about for the rest of your life but it's good and you'll always be able to say you ate there.

A few miles West of Smitty's, also on Broadway, is Reed's Dairy.  Best grilled cheese & ham sammiches I've ever had.  Also the best huckleberry ice cream in the world.  It's insanely good.

(Yes I live in Nevada but my wife is from Idaho Falls and we visit as much as possible. )
View Quote

Thanks! I have been to the Reed's in Meridian. I wasnt a huge fan of the ice cream i got, but could just have been the flavor. I havent tried their grilled cheese yet.

I will look into Smitty's.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#5]
d'Railed is by far the best place I've ever eaten at.

Smokin Fin is pretty outstanding and a little bit cheaper than d'Railed

If you are willing to drive about 20 minutes, Teton House is pretty good up in Menan.

Link Posted: 8/26/2021 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#6]
The friends we were visiting with have 3 younger kids so we ended up at a Dixies Diner one day. It was not great. Not terrible, but just not good.

We had Uncle Benny's pizza one night and it was not good at all. The cheese was really strange tasting. This coming from someone who would eat pizza for every meal if I could.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The friends we were visiting with have 3 younger kids so we ended up at a Dixies Diner one day. It was not great. Not terrible, but just not good.

We had Uncle Benny's pizza one night and it was not good at all. The cheese was really strange tasting. This coming from someone who would eat pizza for every meal if I could.
View Quote

The food over in this part of the state honestly kind of blows.  The Celt in Idaho Falls is really the only place I keep going back to.  Their Jameson burger is good but the atmosphere is probably what I like most...
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 11:58:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Forgot about Franklin's Cheesesteak.  That place is 2A friendly and pretty decent food for a burger/cheesesteak joint
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Forgot about Franklin's Cheesesteak.  That place is 2A friendly and pretty decent food for a burger/cheesesteak joint
View Quote

Thanks. Have to check it out next time. Hope to make it over there to fly fish.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 8:58:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks! We love Thai food. Havent found much here near caldwell. One in Nampa is decent. Cant remember the name
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like the Thai Kitchen

Sa-Wad-Dee in Meridian is pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sa-Wad-Dee in Meridian is pretty good.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#12]
O'Brady's Family Restaraunt on West Broadway services an awesome breakfast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top