Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2021 6:47:21 PM EDT
Sent today:

...ISRA Action Alert - June 21st, 2021

From our attorney, David Sigale:

Thank you to all the members who have been reaching out to me as a result of the ISRA’s recent Alert. Please note at this time I am only looking for those persons having delays with initial CCL applications. If you are in that situation, please let me know at [email protected].

Similarly, if you are a first-time FOID applicant and are currently experiencing delays in having your initial FOID application processed, please let me know.

Finally, if your FOID was denied or revoked, and you have experienced lengthy delays in having your appeal processed, please let me know that as well.

If you timely filed for a CCL (or FOID) renewal and have seen that renewal application delayed as a result of the COVID-19 situation, please know that is something we are working on, your CCL and FOID are still considered valid per the State Police’s Emergency Order and you should keep your printed receipt for the renewal fee with your expired card. You do not need to e-mail me at this time; we will keep you updated with any changes at the ISP level.

Thanks,

David G. Sigale...

Link Posted: 6/22/2021 11:09:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Some one tell me why folks who renew FOIDS recently are getting cards and many are still waiting from early last year renewals?
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 12:32:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The ISP has new processor/printer that is many times faster.  The newest applications are being sent to that printer.  The older applications were already in the old slow system and stuck in the old slow line for processing.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 2:32:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Geez, what kind of IT and QA teams are they running there?   Or else it is poorly outsourced.

ETA I suppose it could come from the top with incompetent management too.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Geez, what kind of IT and QA teams are they running there?   Or else it is poorly outsourced.
View Quote

Never underestimate the government's ability to fuck up something simple.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 11:07:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

ETA I suppose it could come from the top with incompetent management too.
View Quote

Yes, All this and a little more tossed in.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 10:56:31 PM EDT
[#7]
My son renewed 3/5/2020. Nothing, no card, but BS from the ISP.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I chatted with a friend a few minutes ago.  He submitted his FOID renewal online, on June 5, 2021, and received his new FOID in the mail today, June 30, 2021.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#9]
He submitted his FOID renewal online, on June 5, 2021, and received his new FOID in the mail today, June 30, 2021.
View Quote

He was run through the new system...
The old one is still trying to choke out all the ones it has in queue.

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 5:09:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Does your state have a grace period on CCL due to the pandemic?  For example, you expired on 7/1/21, but you sent in the information, paid, and got your receipt to prove you did and since you have proof, your CCL is valid for X months, unless the actual card gets there sooner?
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 10:11:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Does your state have a grace period on CCL due to the pandemic?  For example, you expired on 7/1/21, but you sent in the information, paid, and got your receipt to prove you did and since you have proof, your CCL is valid for X months, unless the actual card gets there sooner?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes.
ISP FAQ:
https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/Faq.aspx

Q. What is the impact of the state's disaster declaration on my CCL expiration Date?
A. Firearms Owners Identification (FOID) card holders and Concealed Carry License (CCL) holders, who submit their renewal application will remain valid during the duration of the state's disaster proclamation and for a period of 18 months (previously 12 months) following the termination of the disaster, even if their renewal application is/was not submitted prior to expiration. Renewal CCL holders will need to submit proof of their three-hour renewal training within 18 months following the termination of the state's disaster proclamation in order to maintain the validity of their CCL

Pinned thread:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/COVID-FOID-and-CCL-extensions-here/23-650524/#i7163800
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top