Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2021 8:25:04 PM EDT
All,

I’ve got a Rubicon that is lifted and has adjustable control arms. I’ve taken it to two different Les Schwab tire centers trying to get it aligned. I’ve been dealing with these guys for two months. They have it close, but I’m still getting a slight pull to the left at highway speeds. The jeep is straight, never crunched or rolled. If anyone can recommend a solid 4X4 shape that can help me out, please drop a line or two. I’m in Tacoma area, but will travel to get this sorted out.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#1]
You could try checking with Billy Bob's offroad in Milton. If they don't do alignments, I'm sure they could point you in the direction of someone that can.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 9:14:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I’ll call them tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably a little spendy, but Mule Expedition Outfitters has a pretty serious shop (they focus on Overland rigs it seems.). They recently moved out to Preston, so a bit of a drive for you.

www.dasmule.com

Tru-Line is another one.  I had UCAs on my Tacoma and couldn't get the Les Schwab's and Firestones of the world to actually follow the alignment instructions on the UCA.  Took it to Tru-Line and they were more than happy to make all the adjustments I wanted, and even hit the caster numbers I specified.

Two locations, Seattle and Bellevue.  Don't go to Seattle because Seattle....

https://trulineseattle.com/index.html
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 8:20:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Scollins, Thank you! I’ll be calling them both on Monday.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 11:44:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably a little spendy, but Mule Expedition Outfitters has a pretty serious shop (they focus on Overland rigs it seems.). They recently moved out to Preston, so a bit of a drive for you.

www.dasmule.com

Tru-Line is another one.  I had UCAs on my Tacoma and couldn't get the Les Schwab's and Firestones of the world to actually follow the alignment instructions on the UCA.  Took it to Tru-Line and they were more than happy to make all the adjustments I wanted, and even hit the caster numbers I specified.

Two locations, Seattle and Bellevue.  Don't go to Seattle because Seattle....

https://trulineseattle.com/index.html
View Quote

TruLine is awesome, they will add ballast for you or whatever is normally in the car then do the alignment.
Got my lowered Audi with all the fancy adaptive suspension and cruise control stuff aligned for way less than the dealer would charge.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 9:24:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Mules site says they do alignments also.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Try 4 Wheel Drive Parts in Lynnwood.
425-712-1366

I don't do Les Schwabs,
because it's Les Schwabs.  

ps: your Jeep photo didn't upload.

CJ-& 7 and Zoe
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Try 4 Wheel Drive Parts in Lynnwood.
425-712-1366

I don't do Les Schwabs,
because it's Les Schwabs.  

ps: your Jeep photo didn't upload.

Zoe and '78 CJ-7 Renegade
View Quote

Emmitt and my 15’ Rubicon,

Link Posted: 10/10/2021 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I had Olympic 4x4 in Snohomish check the alignment in my 2015 JKU after I installed a modest lift and bigger tires. It runs straight down the road and is easy to drive/steer even with just a couple of fingers on the steering wheel.

On my 1982 CJ-8 I just fiddled with it myself until it drove how I wanted it to.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 11:19:54 PM EDT
[#10]
What are those deals on your door hinges? Looks like some sort of quick release mechanism.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 1:00:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What are those deals on your door hinges? Looks like some sort of quick release mechanism.
View Quote

More likely fold out steps to make accessing a roof rack easier.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 3:56:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

More likely fold out steps to make accessing a roof rack easier.
View Quote

Ah yes I can see that now. Kinda like a dirtbike foot peg. What will they think of next
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 10:48:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Yep they are steps. Makes it easy to access the roof.

Thanks for all of the tips gents!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 2:22:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I had Olympic 4x4 in Snohomish check the alignment in my 2015 JKU after I installed a modest lift and bigger tires.
View Quote
I think thats the place the guys at Metalcloak recommended for installing their lifts.

If so thats probably the best place to get aligned, OP. I bet they'll adjust the control arms if needed. Places like les schwab wont touch them. They'll only do a "toe and go"

Link Posted: 10/11/2021 10:21:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Emmitt and my 15’ Rubicon,
https://i.imgur.com/v7cErrb.jpg
View Quote

Excellent!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top