Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/1/2021 8:46:11 AM EDT
Apparently I broke some rules on some of my sales ads. I never really got any warnings or explanations. I noticed one of my ads was moved but no explanation. I then see another ad gone. I tried messaging one of the mods asking for an explanation and get no response. I then repost one of the ads and this triggers a response from the "KING" mod Churchmouse that I keep violating rules and have been warned before in the past. I told him I received no warnings. I've even asked him in the past to review my listings and he didn't say anything about them so now I am doing something wrong? So I then tell him to just "delete all my sales ads" as I am done trying to sell on there and I do onto to the site this morning and find that this fucking Nazi banned me now.  Fucking ridiculous. I've only been on the site and was a site supporter since 2013. Fuck him! I have heard others local including my FFL complain about this asshole, and now I know why. Give me a fucking break.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like no change, what a joke! I used to love Ingo for years and it's just not the same anymore and hasn't been for a good while, since Fenway sold it honestly or maybe even a little before. I check in every once in  awhile and post something once a year probably, once too much it seems. Oh and

@ban-hater
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Their classifieds rules are the king of retarded, created by pompous retards, enforced by morons that are compensating for things... Haha, good riddance to them. I left willingly years ago...

See this thread for more fun!

ETA, and I was an original "old guy" there, I joined up around 08?!? when there weren't even 1,000 members yet.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to buy and sell there frequently.

I kind of got bored of that site after I came here.
It was just kind of stale and boring.
I haven't tried to login in a long time. I'm not even sure if my account is still active there.

I do remember a lot of the mods there being very odd.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 11:27:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish there were more traffic here, you would think there would be with so many complaints there.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 11:28:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish there were more traffic here, you would think there would be with so many complaints there.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 9:33:22 PM EDT
[#6]
That doesn't surprise me from that prick church mouse. I've had a run-in with him on a sale ad about 4 years ago. My picture in the ad was not loading because Photobucket had taking a dump. I ended up getting a warning for deleting the picture. Long story short after going round and round with King pompous ass church mouse he finally removed the warning after realizing that he was the idiot but didn't even say he was sorry for the mistake.

He is an arrogant, egotistical, self-righteous, power-hungry piece of shit. He is everything that is wrong with Ingo.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I used to go there pretty religiously. I pretty much avoid it like I would Chicago heights at midnight now
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:34:00 AM EDT
[#8]
It's hypocrisy to the fullest with that guy.
If you're one of his nut huggers you get away with every rule he tries to cram down everyone else's throat.
His moderating is fueled by his ego and is as consistent as his attitude, which means he's more hormonal than a 8 month pregnant woman.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:42:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's hypocrisy to the fullest with that guy.
If you're one of his nut huggers you get away with every rule he tries to cram down everyone else's throat.
His moderating is fueled by his ego and is as consistent as his attitude, which means he's more hormonal than a 8 month pregnant woman.
View Quote

That is a pretty good description of church rat
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:33:38 PM EDT
[#10]
    I won't go back because of his bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sounds like no change, what a joke! I used to love Ingo for years and it's just not the same anymore and hasn't been for a good while, since Fenway sold it honestly or maybe even a little before. I check in every once in  awhile and post something once a year probably, once too much it seems. Oh and

@ban-hater
View Quote

Shew! Don't get me started with that fukn retard.   Ain't been back since.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@ban-hater

It truly is amazing how many people he has rubbed the wrong way and has made their experience there so bad that they won't go back
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It truly is amazing how many people he has rubbed the wrong way and has made their experience there so bad that they won't go back
View Quote

There are a couple of Mods here that are every bit as bad. The difference is Arfcom is a lot bigger forum so you don't bump into them as much. lol
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:39:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

There are a couple of Mods here that are every bit as bad. The difference is Arfcom is a lot bigger forum so you don't bump into them as much. lol
View Quote

Isn't that the truth! I won't mention names, but one of the guys that polices the classifieds gets his jollys off giving people infractions (or whatever they're called) for even the most minor things. Did you know that if you want to trade primers or reloading powder it has to go in the Firearms Parts for trade section? Seems retarded to call reloading powder a firearms part, he defended his position that powder is most definitely a firearms part very staunchly in his IM. You would think a move with a IM that says, "Hey, I know the rules aren't very clear and there isn't a proper place for this, but this should be in a WTT section." would be a little more appropriate than an infraction. But whatever...power tripping people are going to do what power tripping people do.

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Absolutely the truth. There are a couple of here that I've had minor run-ins with that pretty much fit the mold of church rat
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:03:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Bigtanker....you here?
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I got an infraction for an ad posting one time, but I didn't really understand the reasoning behind it. The explanation made little sense. Oh well, I just blew it off, and trade rarely there anymore.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Overall I'm happy with INGO. Looks like I'm in the minority here.
I've had a few run in with the aforementioned moderator that were resolved in a respectfully way for all parties involved.
I've had an issue here as well, that was also resolved without any body getting their panties twisted.
YMMV
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 1:26:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I tried to setup an account, for some items in their classified, and got an immediate rejection. Do you need to put IN in the box for location or is CT gtg?
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 9:09:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just don't think to click through to the Hometown forum much.  Weird because I have often kicked around the idea of hosting a shoot.  I have room and a safe private range.

Too much work most of the year though.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 12:09:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I tried to setup an account, for some items in their classified, and got an immediate rejection. Do you need to put IN in the box for location or is CT gtg?
View Quote

Dunno, but just FYI... once you register, you'll have to have 50 "quality" posts before you'll have access to the classifieds....

Or, just give them money, i.e. membership dues.... Because that's what is actually important to them,  not the "quality" posts.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 8:29:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm just curious why someone from Connecticut would want to join the Indiana gun owners forum? I mean I have no reason to join a Connecticut gun owners forum, so I'm just trying to figure out why you would.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm just curious why someone from Connecticut would want to join the Indiana gun owners forum? I mean I have no reason to join a Connecticut gun owners forum, so I'm just trying to figure out why you would.
View Quote
I once joined PAFOA because I saw a screaming deal that popped up in their classifieds via riverofguns.  They didn't do the 50 post nonsense, so I was able to contact the member and arrange shipping.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Completely forgot about about posting this. Surprised to see people are still responding.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Weird because I have often kicked around the idea of hosting a shoot.  I have room and a safe private range.
View Quote

Not sure where you are in IN, but if you ever considered this and you weren't too far away from me I would consider attending.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 4:52:51 PM EDT
[#27]
That mod is most definitely a huge douche.
Extremely self important and heavy handed.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I've had a few run in with the aforementioned moderator that were resolved in a respectfully way for all parties involved.
I've had an issue here as well, that was also resolved without any body getting their panties twisted.
YMMV
View Quote

I guess I'm in the minority too. I like INGO, and I think their rules for the Classifieds help keep out the scammers and ghosters. I haven't had any run ins with the mods, so I can't comment on that.

I'm friends with a couple long time members here on AR15, and they referred me here about a part for an AR-10 I was trying to source, but they gave me two cautions. Stay out of General Discussions, and before you think about doing business there, read the Equipment Exchange Comments and Questions forum, and the Negative Feedback forum. After reading those, I don't think I'm going to be buying or selling here. Looking at the hometown specific ads, it doesn't seem like there much action here anyway.

There are a lot more forums here than at INGO, so there's plenty of other places to make friends and find entertainment.

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I guess I'm in the minority too. I like INGO, and I think their rules for the Classifieds help keep out the scammers and ghosters. I haven't had any run ins with the mods, so I can't comment on that.

I'm friends with a couple long time members here on AR15, and they referred me here about a part for an AR-10 I was trying to source, but they gave me two cautions. Stay out of General Discussions, and before you think about doing business there, read the Equipment Exchange Comments and Questions forum, and the Negative Feedback forum. After reading those, I don't think I'm going to be buying or selling here. Looking at the hometown specific ads, it doesn't seem like there much action here anyway.

There are a lot more forums here than at INGO, so there's plenty of other places to make friends and find entertainment.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
YMMV

Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:07:32 AM EDT
[#31]
You can "K" me all you want, but you can't deny that INGO classifieds are run better than the classifieds here.

Make a deal there, go pick it it up local or semi-local.

Here, send hundreds to someone you don't know, maybe across the country, and hope you ain't been scammed.

I'll take the deal where I can look 'em in the eye, look at the item, and shake hands and exchange money for goods.

I'm patient, though. I can wait for the right deal to come along local. Seems to me that some people here just want to jump on anything without thinking about it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 7:27:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You can "K" me all you want, but you can't deny that INGO classifieds are run better than the classifieds here.

Make a deal there, go pick it it up local or semi-local.

Here, send hundreds to someone you don't know, maybe across the country, and hope you ain't been scammed.

I'll take the deal where I can look 'em in the eye, look at the item, and shake hands and exchange money for goods.

I'm patient, though. I can wait for the right deal to come along local. Seems to me that some people here just want to jump on anything without thinking about it.
View Quote

I was over there since 2008 before that boner banned me and had one bad deal (With a cop no less)
I've have one here too and that was years ago, probably 8yrs.
You seem to know a lot about this site for only having 4 posts.
I've defended INGO in the past and believe it to be a decent board overall with many good people but some of the mods need to go.  One is currently awaiting sentencing and the other one well........
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#33]
I opened an account there when it first came out but it didn’t really float my boat. The email address I used then has long since been closed and I opened a new one up a few years back. That board even though it’s a hometown board so to speak just isn’t one I spend a lot of time on. Arfcom has a good vibe if you stay out of GD, there has been a lot of mouth breathers and purple hair types join in the last 7-10 years, I guess that’s a reflection of our society. There is way more information here in the tech forums and the EE is ginormous, I’ve only been burned once in my 20+ years of being here. I visit Ingo 2-3 times a week but I rarely post there just not a lot going on over there for me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 4:03:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
One is currently awaiting sentencing
View Quote

Small correction, the trial keeps getting continued/postponed. While the evidence does seem quite convincing and it looks like he is going to take a plea deal, he hasn't actually been found guilty yet.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 7:32:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I was over there since 2008 before that boner banned me and had one bad deal (With a cop no less)
I've defended INGO in the past and believe it to be a decent board overall with many good people but some of the mods need to go.  One is currently awaiting sentencing and the other one well........
View Quote

My post count doesn't indicate how much I've read and heard from friends IRL. Just reading the drama in the comments and feedback forums tells me all I need to know about the classifieds here. Other than that, it looks like there is a lot of good tech info here.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 9:11:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

My post count doesn't indicate how much I've read and heard from friends IRL. Just reading the drama in the comments and feedback forums tells me all I need to know about the classifieds here. Other than that, it looks like there is a lot of good tech info here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't let that scare you off. More often than not I've had good deals here.
Irregardless, enjoy the tech info and lock up your credit card cause this place will cost you money.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

You gotta be shitting me with that one.

That place is the new armslist. I've never had to deal with so many welchers and general idiots.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 11:32:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Bigtanker....you here?
View Quote

BigTanker kicked me out of the classifieds for not closing the ad for some magazines I sold. I had it marked SPF and he whacked me because I forgot to go close it. Permantly. Sort of. After I sent him a IM, he said I could pay the annual membership and he would remove that 1 infraction but he would still watch me like a hawk. Too bad, principle wouldn't allow me to do that. I was a paying member in the past and joined in 2008. Never had a single bad review in all the deals I made. Feedback still stands at 70/0/0 but I'm unable to play. Fuck those guys - they kicked out a good member who used to really like the local sight.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

BigTanker kicked me out of the classifieds for not closing the ad for some magazines I sold. I had it marked SPF and he whacked me because I forgot to go close it. Permantly. Sort of. After I sent him a IM, he said I could pay the annual membership and he would remove that 1 infraction but he would still watch me like a hawk. Too bad, principle wouldn't allow me to do that. I was a paying member in the past and joined in 2008. Never had a single bad review in all the deals I made. Feedback still stands at 70/0/0 but I'm unable to play. Fuck those guys - they kicked out a good member who used to really like the local sight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bigtanker....you here?

Pay and I'll let you stay huh? Pathetic.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 5:07:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry to hear it but the reality is that everyone over there is just rolling on thinking they are a good person so certainly the dictator won't send them to the gallows. But dictators have a way of doing whatever pleases them.

The classifieds rules on INGO are just absolutely absurd. They say they've made their rules to be like many other forums but I'm a member of many other forums and have never seen rules so wacky.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:36:03 PM EDT
[#43]
LOL
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#44]
I've browsed INGO, but I don't think I have an account there. Don't recall. Nothing personal either way.

"According to the law, as long as you have no reason to suspect a person is a prohibited person when selling them a firearm, you are fine."

IMO "fine" is a relative term. The idea of having Law Enforcement show up for a chat because oops the person you did a Face to Face with was prohibited - whether they used the firearm in a violent crime or not - is very much not fine from my point of view.

I have done very few FTF transactions, and the older I get the less I appreciate those loose ends being out there. I know there are some of you who are fine with FTF, but I've personally gotten to the point where it isn't worth any potential liability. Listen to a Police Scanner for a while and you may be surprised how many people are using Indiana (or anywhere for that matter) as a stepping stone to be just outside extradition range for crimes they committed elsewhere. Violent crimes - with extradition ranges as "in state only" or "within 100 miles" - which will not show up on mycase because they didn't happen here.

Also there is a zero percent chance I'd take that sort of legal advice at face value from anyone, even if they are a forum owner/moderator/whatever. That statement is, at best, fairly irresponsible.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 7:55:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I've browsed INGO, but I don't think I have an account there. Don't recall. Nothing personal either way.

"According to the law, as long as you have no reason to suspect a person is a prohibited person when selling them a firearm, you are fine."

IMO "fine" is a relative term. The idea of having Law Enforcement show up for a chat because oops the person you did a Face to Face with was prohibited - whether they used the firearm in a violent crime or not - is very much not fine from my point of view.

I have done very few FTF transactions, and the older I get the less I appreciate those loose ends being out there. I know there are some of you who are fine with FTF, but I've personally gotten to the point where it isn't worth any potential liability. Listen to a Police Scanner for a while and you may be surprised how many people are using Indiana (or anywhere for that matter) as a stepping stone to be just outside extradition range for crimes they committed elsewhere. Violent crimes - with extradition ranges as "in state only" or "within 100 miles" - which will not show up on mycase because they didn't happen here.

Also there is a zero percent chance I'd take that sort of legal advice at face value from anyone, even if they are a forum owner/moderator/whatever. That statement is, at best, fairly irresponsible.
View Quote

I sold a gun that was used in a crime in Ft. Wayne. The call went some like this.

Agent: WTF54, this is Agent blah blah blah with the ATF.
Me: Good morning, what can I do for you.
Agent: We recovered a Glock 27 that was used in a crime in Ft. Wayne that you purchased from XYZ gun store.
Me: Dang, that sucks. I sold that last year in a FTF sale. I dont recall the guys name.
Agent: Ok, have a good day
Me: You too

Link Posted: 6/4/2022 8:11:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I like this one better. But I might simply be used to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't let that scare you off. More often than not I've had good deals here.
Irregardless, enjoy the tech info and lock up your credit card cause this place will cost you money.
I like this one better. But I might simply be used to it.

Why'd you delete your recent post?
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 4:36:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Evidently, mod Churchmouse from INGO has passed away.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 5:13:18 AM EDT
[#48]
I heard that as well
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Oh well.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top