Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2019 6:52:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:57:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Agreed.  I strongly dislike the ATF and its very existence, but the two individual agents that I met were, based on my interaction, not hateable.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For all the GD (and general firearms community) handwringing that goes on about the ATF, this is reflective of literally every interaction I've ever had with them.  I don't like the ATF in and of itself, but every employee of the agency I've ever worked with has been professional and pretty pleasant.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 9:33:16 PM EDT
[#3]
The fact that the ATF is wasting all kinds of man hours tracking down Glock slides and other "not a firearm" parts is ridiculous. Yes, prosecute the thief/contractor, take all the money he fraudulently made, and track down the serialized frames but all the other stuff is just parts. Let it go.
Someone convince me this isn't just government waste/make-work.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#4]
It most certainly was.  One of the things that came to mind while I was meeting them was how the ATF probably spent substantially more in terms of the agents' hourly wage equivalent than I paid for the slide.

Quoted:
The fact that the ATF is wasting all kinds of man hours tracking down Glock slides and other "not a firearm" parts is ridiculous. Yes, prosecute the thief/contractor, take all the money he fraudulently made, and track down the serialized frames but all the other stuff is just parts. Let it go.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 10:11:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It most certainly was.  One of the things that came to mind while I was meeting them was how the ATF probably spent substantially more in terms of the agents' hourly wage equivalent than I paid for the slide.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
It's not like the ATF is going to sell that slide to someone else to generate any income. They're probably going to spend yet more tax payer money paying a different (presumably honest) contractor to scrap it. The agent's salary is only a fraction of the waste related to these non-firearm parts.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#6]
So a single traffic cop and pull over who knows what by themselves in the middle of the night on a dark country road, yet it takes 2 federal agents who probably make much more to retrieve a piece of metal from someone who they've likely already run a back ground check on and already know he's at least not a felon....

Of course, this is in addition to the federal gov't wasting money destroying items that could be sold to the general public....
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 3:07:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, well, this IS the federal government after all.

Quoted:
So a single traffic cop and pull over who knows what by themselves in the middle of the night on a dark country road, yet it takes 2 federal agents who probably make much more to retrieve a piece of metal from someone who they've likely already run a back ground check on and already know he's at least not a felon....

Of course, this is in addition to the federal gov't wasting money destroying items that could be sold to the general public....
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:37:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow that sure was dramatic for such a non eventful event. It might be time to put the tin hats away...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top