Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2018 10:26:35 PM EDT
https://www.isra.org/Events/AnnualEvents/iGOLD.aspx

Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day in Springfield.   March 27, 2019 (Wednesday) 10:30 AM to 3:00 PM

https://www.isra.org/News/TabId/1068/ArtMID/4612/ArticleID/35197/IGOLD-2019.aspx

We are pleased to announce Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day (IGOLD) will be held on March 27, 2019, at the BOS Center (Bank of Springfield, formerly Prairie Capital Convention Center).  
Join us in Springfield for our annual march to protect our Second Amendment rights. More details will follow!

2019 IGOLD FLYER
https://www.isra.org/DesktopModules/EasyDNNNews/DocumentDownload.ashxportalid=6&moduleid=4612&articleid=35197&documentid=862

and this...
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#1]
How do we get 10% of FOID holders there?  That would put the fear of god into our opposition.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got lot of excuses on why I haven't been to one. Seriously though, I planned to attend this year, and had a friend lined up to go, but he backed up and I didn't feel like driving down by myself.  I'll try to make more of an effort in 2019.

If you want better participation, you could hold it in warmer weather. It also doesn't help that it's 3 hours from the major metro areas.  Setting up some sort of carpooling/bus transportation wouldn't hurt either.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Bus transportation was available in prior years but unsure if it became too expensive or participation was too little.

Weather can certainly be an issue but it also needs to be held on a day the ILGA is scheduled to be in session and the state senators and representatives are present.

I have seen discussions on carpooling in prior years which will probably occur more the closer it gets.

Depending on your location some use Amtrak.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:18:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How do we get 10% of FOID holders there?  That would put the fear of god into our opposition.
View Quote
One percent would be 30,000.  I would take that amount.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:28:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

One percent would be 30,000.  I would take that amount.
View Quote
Nov 1st FOID and CCL numbers:
Active FOID = 2,287,291
Active CCL = 318,435
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 7:47:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Seems like it was bumped up a few weeks this year, which is probably a good idea.

Unless something unforseen occurs, I will be there.

We'll have to do an ARF meetup this time...it would be nice to shake hands with some of you in person.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 6:39:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Bump
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 8:19:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I will be there...but if you think the idiots at teh capital give one iota if 30,000 people show up you are wrong. The whole down state population could march on Springfield and they wouldn't care. Let one cry baby from Chiraq make a stink though and god help us all.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 9:58:58 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife and I will be there again this year...Lord willing! Looking forward to it!! I have an ARFCOM hat to wear this year. We have been talking with relatives and friends to get as many as we can to march on the State Capitol.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 11:20:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Buses to IGOLD

http://archive.aweber.com/awlist4894361/Mn1rZ/h/IGOLD_Update_IGOLD_Buses.htm

Update: Buses to IGOLD

The ISRA is sponsoring 4 buses at this time, and other organizations and businesses are also sponsoring buses. It is expected that there will be a good response to this announcement, and we ask for both your participation and patience. ISRA bus seats will be reserved by calling the ISRA office at 815-635-3198 between 9am and 4pm Monday through Friday.  All ISRA reservations are $35 and are NON-REFUNDABLE.

If you are interested in taking one of the available buses, contact the appropriate organization only. Please do not call about buses from other organizations, the office staff will not be able to answer. If you have questions or comments about the buses, you can send an email to [email protected]. .  No reservations will be taken at this e-mail.

For ISRA buses, you are required to have a cellphone if you are an adult rider.  Minor children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian with a cell phone. The ISRA buses will not stop for lunch for lunch.  The food vendors will be available at the Bank of Springfield (BOS) Center. The cafeteria will be open in the Stratton Building in the afternoon.

All ISRA Buses will depart at 4:00pm from the north end of the Capitol (Monroe St).  The BOS Center will be closed by then.

There will be a bus available (no reservation required), for those that need it, that will run from the BOS Center to the Lincoln Steps before the march.  You will need to tell the bus captain if you require a ride back to the BOS Center vicinity.

If you have been a bus captain before on an ISRA bus and would like to resume that duty, please call the office at 815-635-3198.

Please remember that you will have to go through metal detectors at the Capitol, please plan appropriately.

The other buses are listed as a courtesy and to promote the unity of IGOLD, but the seat reservations are done through the other organizations. If you have a bus to add to our listing, please send mail to [email protected].  Note that arrangements have been made for a free parking location just a few minutes from the event.

IGOLD Buses

All Buses Arrive BOS Center

All Buses Depart 4:00 pm north end of Capitol (Monroe St)

ISRA-Sponsored Buses

Chicago-South

Call ISRA 815-635-3198 to reserve

Evergreen Park - WalMart - 2500 95th St - 7:00am

Oak Forest - Eagle Sports -5900 W 159th St - 7:50am
$35 Non-Refundable

Chicagoland- West

GAT Guns - 970 Dundee Ave, East Dundee - 7:00am

Glen Ellyn WalMart - 3S100 IL-53 - 7:45 am
$35 Non-Refundable

Rockford/Peru

Rockford: CherryVale Mall - 7200 Harrison Ave - 7:00am

Peru  Walmart - 5307 IL-251 - 8:00am
$35 Non-Refundable

Marion/Mt Vernon/Fairview Heights

Marion - WalMart - 2802 Outer Dr - 7:00am

Mt Vernon WalMart - 110 Davidson Rd - 8:00 am

Fairview Heights - St.Clair Square Mall - 9:00am

(Red Bird Express Parking lot near the water tower)
$35 Non-Refundable

Buses Sponsored by others - Please do NOT call ISRA

Joliet - IDOT Park and Ride - 7:00am

Sponsored by Aurora Sportsmen's Club

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/igold-2019-bus-trip-

joliet-springfield-joliet-tickets-54921941004

You can't click on the link from this page, so here is

a shorter link you can type:  https://www.eventbrite.com/e/igold-2019-bus-trip-joliet-springfield-joliet-tickets-54921941004
$27

Alton - 3685 E Broadway - 8:30am

Call Piasa Armory - (618) 433-2715
Donation

Chester/Red Bud/Waterloo - all along IL-3

Call Rick Hall - (618) 317-1176

Chester - Rozier's - 7:30am

Red Bud - City Park - 8:00am

Waterloo - WalMart - 8:15am
$25

Marion - Cornerstone Church - 2705 Walton Way - 7:00am

Hood's Guns & More (618) 308-2348
$35

Quincy - RKBA Range

Pickup and time TBA

Call Mark Dempsey - 217-430-0338

[email protected]
$25
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#11]
My son and I will be thre again.

Hopefully a better turnout than the past few years. Seems Illinois gun owners thought the battle was won when the courts ordered conceal carry.

If we don't lose just about everything this year I'd be surprised.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 2:37:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Guys just a update. In the past we have allowed pocket knives under 3 inches into the Capitol. They have since changed the rules and no knives whatsoever are allowed in now. We also cannot hold them for you at the screening stations if you bring one in. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#14]
IGOLD for  newbies

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71303&hl=

It's only a few weeks to IGOLD 2019 and for many of you this will be your first IGOLD. I'm going to try to share some thoughts on how to make it a fun and fulfilling event.

Any other IGOLD veterans are free to jump in here and add to this thread.

Questions are good too.

Here is the ISRA webpage with information: http://igold.isra.org/

WEDNESDAY March 27th is the day to reserve.

For those who take one of the many buses, make sure you know who your bus captain is and exchange cell numbers just in case.
Everything you need to know about signing up for one of the buses can be found here:
http://archive.awebe...IGOLD_Buses.htm

Taking one of the buses that leave from numerous locations throughout the state is a great way to get there plus you'll make many new like minded friends. Prices vary but most are $25 to 35 or a donation as some buses are subsidized by various groups.

Depending on where you live, taking the train might be a good option too.. You can catch as Amtak train from several locations around the Chicago area and get off within blocks of the Capitol.

https://www.amtrak.c...dule-091317.pdf

I usually drive so if you've taken a bus or train in the past please feel free to jump in and share your experiences.

For those driving themselves there is a multilevel parking garage right next to the Bank Of Springfield Center. It's $1.00 per hour with a $7 maximum. Credit card only at the exit - there is no attendant to take cash at the exits. You can pay inside the BOS with cash or credit card at the walk up kiosk or at the exit with credit card only

When you enter the BOS after your long ride the first thing you will seek out is the bathroom. There are ample bathrooms available plus concession stands for food or drinks.

Gold is the color of the day!

It's March in Illinois: dress in layers as you need to keep warm for the mile or so march but the Capitol building gets REALLY warm with all of us freedom loving people in there. Wear comfortable shoes if you plan to march the mile to the Capitol. . Buses will be available both to and from the Capitol for those who are tired or cannot walk that far. The "march" is at a leisurely pace.

As far as dress goes, be comfortable but please do not dress in camos or tactical wear unless you really want to be in every 6 PM news-clip and MSM photo. They really do seek out the MSM stereotypes to prove we are all knuckle dragging hicks. Jeans and a decent shirt are fine.

Please Do not think it will be a good idea to carry an empty rifle case or wear an empty holster. We have had excellent relations with the Capitol Police and we want to keep it that way.

When you enter the BOS you will be handed an information packet. Bring a pen and 4 to 6 return address labels. There are 4 cards in there that are to be filled out and dropped off at the office of your elected representative plus the Speaker Of The House and the Senate President. It save a lot of writing to just slap a return address label on rather than writing it out 4 times.

Another hint is to write the location of your Rep and Senator's office on the back of the card so you know where to go when you enter the Capitol Bldg. A list of their office numbers will be included in your information packet. You'll know where the speaker's office and the president's office is because they will have lines in front waiting to get in. They do move quickly.

There will be lines to get in the Capitol but if we all work together they go fast. No guns, knifes, bazookas or signs on sticks. Even a flag on a flagpole will not be admitted. There are multiple entrances in through the main Capitol building, the Howlett building and the Stratton Building. Some of us experienced folk bring a zip lock baggy to throw our pocket change, watch, cell phone and anything else that will set off the metal detector in. Some folks just throw them into their hat and that works too. Just know that if you bring that rodeo championship belt buckle you will have to take your belt off and if your pants fall down... well I don't wanna see it. The metal detectors are not as sensation as those in the airports so you don't have to take your shoes off unless they have steel toes or whatever.

As a rule, I've found that the SOS officers who man the checkpoints are really on our side as are the Springfield officers who clear traffic for us.
Thank them and let them know you appreciate their support.

Most of all have fun and know that your presence does make a difference. Write, call or e-mail your elected officials ahead of time and let them know your are coming to meet with them. Do not be disappointed if they are not in the office when you get there. They do have legislative sessions or committee meetings they need to be at. I sometime have the sneaking suspicion that the so-called leaders schedule the sessions and committee meeting so that it conflicts with IGOLD . No proof but just a hunch.

This event does not happen without the help of hundreds of dedicated volunteers.
One standout is Mark The Sign Guy who singlehandedly makes all those gold signs to carry on the March. The cameras love them! Be sure to pick one up as you exit for the March.

Another way to help the cause is to post flyers about IGOLD to spread the word. Letter sized posters are available here : https://www.isra.org...p=1547759537909

Print up a bunch and post them as you wander through your local guns shop, grocery store, department store etc. For all you subversive types maybe consider posting one in every store that posts a no-gun sign. No- wait. maybe that last part isn't a good idea.  :cool:

10:30 a.m. Doors open at BOS (concessions available)
11:45 a.m. Registration/Rally, Bank Of Springfield Ctr, 1 Convention Center Plaza
1:00 p.m. March to the State Capitol to lobby legislators
3:30 p.m. Rally At The Rotunda!! (State Capitol rotunda)

Avoid the hassle of driving and finding a parking spot!
Reserve a seat on an IGOLD bus!

And as an FYI - both the BOS and the Capitol Building are posted Gun Free Zones. Because the march itself is a permitted event, it is also a Criminal Protection Zone.
Basically, the entire event is a gun free zone.

ABOLT - Molly - Anyone else, please jump in and add to whatever I've missed.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 9:59:45 AM EDT
[#15]
An update from the ISRA.   More buses to IGOLD.

http://archive.aweber.com/awlist4894361/G7dGJ/h/IGOLD_Update_More_IGOLD.htm
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 10:47:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Does anyone want to carpool from the Barrington/Palatine/Elgin area?
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#17]
from Lou on illinoiscarry

..."The ISRA will be selling IGOLD gear at the BOS Center. They didn’t say what they have but I’m sure it will be gold."...
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

..."The ISRA will be selling IGOLD gear at the BOS Center. They didn’t say what they have but I’m sure it will be gold."...
View Quote
It will probably be the same t-shirts, hoodies, and Gadsen mini flags that they sell every year.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It will probably be the same t-shirts, hoodies, and Gadsen mini flags that they sell every year.
View Quote
I thought they did not have any the last year or two. And other than adding hats or stickers to your list, theres only so much that makes sense.  Regardless, just wanted to let people know in case they were looking.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 12:29:42 PM EDT
[#20]
anther bus option

Link Posted: 3/7/2019 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#21]
and another ISRA update on the buses

http://archive.aweber.com/awlist4894361/AaJl3/h/IGOLD_Update_Now_Even_More.htm

The ISRA is sponsoring 4 buses at this time, and other organizations and businesses are also sponsoring buses. It is expected that there will be a good response to this announcement, and we ask for both your participation and patience. ISRA bus seats will be reserved by calling the ISRA office at 815-635-3198 between 9am and 4pm Monday through Friday.  All ISRA reservations are $35 and are NON-REFUNDABLE.

If you are interested in taking one of the available buses, contact the appropriate organization only. Please do not call about buses from other organizations, the office staff will not be able to answer. If you have questions or comments about the buses, you can send an email to [email protected]. .  No reservations will be taken at this e-mail.

For ISRA buses, you are required to have a cellphone if you are an adult rider.  Minor children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian with a cell phone. The ISRA buses will not stop for lunch for lunch.  The food vendors will be available at the Bank of Springfield (BOS) Center. The cafeteria will be open in the Stratton Building in the afternoon.

All ISRA Buses will depart at 4:00pm from the north end of the Capitol (Monroe St).  The BOS Center will be closed by then.

There will be a bus available (no reservation required), for those that need it, that will run from the BOS Center to the Lincoln Steps before the march.  You will need to tell the bus captain if you require a ride back to the BOS Center vicinity.

If you have been a bus captain before on an ISRA bus and would like to resume that duty, please call the office at 815-635-3198.

Please remember that you will have to go through metal detectors at the Capitol, please plan appropriately.

The other buses are listed as a courtesy and to promote the unity of IGOLD, but the seat reservations are done through the other organizations. If you have a bus to add to our listing, please send mail to [email protected].  Note that arrangements have been made for a free parking location just a few minutes from the event.

IGOLD Buses
All Buses Arrive BOS Center
All Buses Depart 4:00 pm north end of Capitol (Monroe St)
ISRA-Sponsored Buses  
Chicago-South
Evergreen Park - WalMart - 2500 95th St - 7:00am
Oak Forest - Eagle Sports -5900 W 159th St - 7:50am$35 Non-Refundable
Chicagoland- West
GAT Guns - 970 Dundee Ave, East Dundee - 7:00am
Glen Ellyn WalMart - 3S100 IL-53 - 7:45 am$35 Non-Refundable
Rockford/Peru
Rockford: CherryVale Mall - 7200 Harrison Ave - 7:00am
( Northeast corner of mall parking lot near Petland and Bell School Rd.
Peru  Walmart - 5307 IL-251 - 8:00am$35 Non-Refundable
Marion/Mt Vernon/Fairview Heights
Marion - WalMart - 2802 Outer Dr - 7:00am
Mt Vernon WalMart - 110 Davidson Rd - 8:00 am
Fairview Heights - St.Clair Square Mall - 9:00am
(Red Bird Express Parking lot near the water tower)$35 Non-Refundable

Buses Sponsored by others - Please do NOT call ISRA
Joliet - IDOT Park and Ride - 7:00am
Sponsored by Aurora Sportsmen's Club
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/igold-2019-bus-trip-
joliet-springfield-joliet-tickets-54921941004
You can't click on the link from this page, so here is
a shorter link you can type:  https://www.eventbrite.com/e/igold-2019-bus-trip-joliet-springfield-joliet-tickets-54921941004$27
Alton - 3685 E Broadway - 8:30am
Call Piasa Armory - (618) 433-2715Donation
Chester/Red Bud/Waterloo - all along IL-3
Call Rick Hall - (618) 317-1176
Chester - Rozier's - 7:30am
Red Bud - City Park - 8:00am
Waterloo - WalMart - 8:15am$25
Marion - Cornerstone Church - 2705 Walton Way - 7:00am
Hood's Guns & More (618) 308-2348$35
Quincy - RKBA Range
Pickup and time TBA
Call Mark Dempsey - 217-430-0338
[email protected]$25
Decatur - Decatur Civic Center - 9:30 am
Call The Bullet Trap - 217-764-5678
Questions:  [email protected]$20 Non-Refundable
Fairbury - Dave's Parking Lot, 170 S 4th St, 8:00AM
Contact David Slagel, [email protected] 815-848-0705$25
Provide Cell #
Chillicothe/East Peoria/Morton
Chillicothe Sportsmens Club
Effingham - Thelma Keller Convention Center - 8:15 am
$25
Waukegan - St. Dismas Church - 6:00am
Shrank's Smoke 'N Gun - www.smokengun.org/igold-2019$40
Rockford  - Pine Tree Pistol Club - 7:00am
https://pinetreepistolclub.com $20
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Preview of shirts and hoodies

https://pogoshirt.com/collections/igold

Link Posted: 3/20/2019 5:28:06 PM EDT
[#23]
reminder bump
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 1:36:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Another bus added

http://archive.aweber.com/awlist4894361/E9H6p/h/IGOLD_Bus_Update_One_final.htm

...ISRA sponsored buses to IGOLD: Last day to reserve a seat on an ISRA bus is Monday March 25 EOD.
Marion/MtVernon/Metro bus is full. Dundee/Glen Ellyn bus: only a few seats left.
See note below on parking for ISRA bus pickups

Go to the end of the list of buses to see the newest addition: Elgin...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top