Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2023 1:21:26 PM EDT
IF YOU DON'T LIVE IN FL, YOU CAN HELP GET US REAL CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY RIGHT NOW!

If You Live Outside Of Florida, You Can Still Help Gun Owners Today To Get Constitutional Carry Passed!

Attachment Attached File

I know what you're thinking. Why am I getting a message about Florida? Well, as the Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America, I can explain. Today, I'm asking for your personal help as a fellow gun rights supporter.  

Here in Florida, House Bill 543 was introduced and it is labeled as a Constitutional Carry bill. But here's the thing, it isn't a Constitutional Carry bill. It is a permitless concealed-only carry bill with NO OPEN CARRY ALLOWED!

We have a Republican Supermajority, yet this is the best that they can offer? All 25 states which have passed Constitutional Carry have Open Carry as part of their Constitutional Carry laws. Furthermore, 47 states have legal Open Carry. But the Republican sponsor of this bill has the gall to call this bill "Constitutional Carry" when it isn't. It has been a long, hard fight just to get where we are right now, but the fight isn't over and we need your help.

Gov. DeSantis pledged he'd sign Constitutional Carry legislation into law, not a watered-down, concealed-only carry bill. He needs some motivation to pressure the legislature.

Remember, Open Carry is illegal in the Sunshine State. Florida is tied with New York and Illinois in outright banning the Open Carrying of firearms.

Yes, I know you're there thinking, "What can I do? I don't live in Florida."

Here's Where You Can Help!

You hold a lot of power right now. Gov. DeSantis most likely wants to run in 2024 for the White House, which that means he'll need your support in the Republican Primary Race. That means he needs to win you over. I know, that as a Second Amendment Patriot, you'll look very closely at every 2024 Presidential Primary Candidate that will be running.

That's why I need you to call Governor DeSantis at 850-717-9337 and tell his office the following:

As an active voter and a member of Gun Owners of America outside of Florida, I am currently tracking the current situation with Florida's fight for Constitutional Carry. It has come to my attention that House Bill 543 does not include Open Carry. That is unacceptable.

All 25 states which have passed Constitutional Carry have Open Carry as part of their Constitutional Carry laws. Furthermore, 47 states have legal Open Carry. Only Florida, Illinois and New York have an outright ban on Open Carry.

Florida's Open Carry ban was pushed by anti-gun Democrat Janet Reno. Why are Florida's Republican lawmakers refusing to repeal Democrat gun control?

Gov. DeSantis controls the bully pulpit and is able to sway the legislature. He must tell the Florida legislature that HB 543 must be amended and have Open Carry added to it.

His actions in getting the legislature to present a true Constitutional Carry bill with Open Carry included will be the litmus test on how he can handle Congress if he wins in 2024.

Gun Owners of America will keep me informed.
View Quote

So, please send a message to Governor DeSantis and let him know you want a true, Constitutional Carry bill with Open Carry included and will settle for nothing less.

Today, Floridians are asking for your help!

Our national motto is e pluribus unum. It is Latin for out of many, one. Together, as patriots, in a unified voice, we can help make Florida equal with other states.

P.S. Please send a message to Governor DeSantis and help Florida get a true, "no-compromise" Constitutional Carry bill passed - - with Open Carry included. Please share this alert to every Patriot that you know and donate to Gun Owners of America.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Hit!
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:35:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Done!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top